Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I really enjoy the Blushing Monk, and it was worth the money I spent on it.
    Good to know - I'll pick some up on Monday at my bottle shop.

I caved and got this year's KBS on Saturday morning on my way home from work. Will crack one tomorrow when I'm watching the games.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      Good to know - I'll pick some up on Monday at my bottle shop.

I caved and got this year's KBS on Saturday morning on my way home from work. Will crack one tomorrow when I'm watching the games.
      If you like Rubaeus, you'll LOVE this.

And I seldom drink beer any more.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If you like Rubaeus, you'll LOVE this.

And I seldom drink beer any more.
        The only time I've had Rubaeus was for a Founders Tap Takeover. I went by myself after a rough shift at work (tcbg had gone earlier in the day). I tried all the taps, fell off my stool, and the bartender took my keys and tcbg had to pick me up... so, I think I like Rubaeus, but I also liked everything that night.

Comment

Virginia - home of the "habitual drunkard."

https://wtop.com/virginia/2019/04/vi...under-old-law/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Tabor Hill Semi-Dry Table Sec white.

Way better than the Communion wine I had this morning. Not bitter at all.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Virginia - home of the "habitual drunkard."

https://wtop.com/virginia/2019/04/vi...under-old-law/
              LOL. I've still never been to VA Beach but from what I've heard I'm going to keep my perfect record.

Also: there is no way on Earth that law is constitutional.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                LOL. I've still never been to VA Beach but from what I've heard I'm going to keep my perfect record.

Also: there is no way on Earth that law is constitutional.
                Why not...?

Alcohol isn't a right, right? States are free to define how they want to regulate alcohol sales and possession. No different than some states wanting to pass laws where a person convicted of domestic abuse can't have a gun; sex offenders get labeled and can't be within a certain distance of schools; people who are convicted of certain crimes can have their driver's license taken away.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Why not...?

Alcohol isn't a right, right? States are free to define how they want to regulate alcohol sales and possession. No different than some states wanting to pass laws where a person convicted of domestic abuse can't have a gun; sex offenders get labeled and can't be within a certain distance of schools; people who are convicted of certain crimes can have their driver's license taken away.
                  But is there actually a real court involved here, as there is in those? This sounds like it's Johnny Dipsh-t Local Law goosestepping along the beach, dispensing justice according to whether he's beaten his wife sufficiently that morning.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    But is there actually a real court involved here, as there is in those? This sounds like it's Johnny Dipsh-t Local Law goosestepping along the beach, dispensing justice according to whether he's beaten his wife sufficiently that morning.
                    Yes?

The law allows judges to apply the label to anyone convicted of driving under the influence or who has “shown himself to be a habitual drunkard.”
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Drank an entire bottle of Leelanau Tall Ships Riesling tonight. This leaves me with...

1 bottle of Blushing Monk
                      4 bottles of Dragon's Milk Raspberry Hibiscus (I like fruit beer)
                      1 bottle of Tabor Hill Semi-Dry Table Sec in red
                      1 bottle of Ruffino Prosecco (this was a gift)

Comment

DM Raspberry Hisbiscus??? I'll have to keep my out for that when on the Houghton trip. I know of a couple honey holes that might have it.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          DM Raspberry Hisbiscus??? I'll have to keep my out for that when on the Houghton trip. I know of a couple honey holes that might have it.
                          Depends on how long New Holland has it out. I think it was released like last week or something.

Also, I'm drinking it now, and the raspberry hits you right away. I got exactly what I paid for.

Comment

Depends on how long New Holland has it out. I think it was released like last week or something.

Also, I'm drinking it now, and the raspberry hits you right away. I got exactly what I paid for.
                            It depends on what stores have it for that long.

I lucked out today, the local pub had lemonade and iced tea, and of course vodka. Had myself a John Daly while watching the Masters. Seemed fitting.

John Daly: 50/50 iced tea/lemonade with added vodka. The non-alcoholic version is the Arnie Palmer, of course.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              It depends on what stores have it for that long.

I lucked out today, the local pub had lemonade and iced tea, and of course vodka. Had myself a John Daly while watching the Masters. Seemed fitting.

John Daly: 50/50 iced tea/lemonade with added vodka. The non-alcoholic version is the Arnie Palmer, of course.
                              That actually sounds awesome. I'll finish this Raspberry Hibiscus, and then I'm going right back to my ethical dilemma assignment. Maybe Hemingway was right...

Comment

That actually sounds awesome. I'll finish this Raspberry Hibiscus, and then I'm going right back to my ethical dilemma assignment. Maybe Hemingway was right...
                                I rarely have pop anymore (or as some may call it: soda). I drink Arnie Palmers. They are delicious.

As far as finding beer and such, you might find some rarities in the unlikeliest of places. Kinda weird how that works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X