• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bueller
    replied
    Re: 2010 NASCAR Season: You might be a redneck

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Have they booted the Sprint Cup guys out of Nationwide yet?
    Yes and no. From what I can tell, they can still run Nationwide but have to declare what series they're running for at the start of the year.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Have they booted the Sprint Cup guys out of Nationwide yet?

Leave a comment:

• Larch
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I'm a little appalled at the hypocrisy of NASCAR regarding the start-and-park teams, considering it's well known that many Busch and Truck fields are filled out by NASCAR persuading teams TO start-and-park just to get a "full" field.
    The only time I truly dislke them and even notice them, is when there is a rain out of qualifying and a couple of teams that had an intention of running the whole race to get seat time or whatever, are on the outside watching the race because a couple of start and park teams have done that for a few more races and accumlated points and are therefor in the top 43. I'm guessing this new setup targets the start and parks without NASCAR implementing some sort of "You have to run certain % of laps" rule.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by Larch View Post
    It sounds like they will use a combination, at least that's the way I read it. Owner's points will still get you in (top 35), but from there it will be your practice speeds. I like it, I understand why they do it, but I reall dislike the start-and-parks. This way if there is a one off for Boris Said or Terry Labonte or even some rookie getting a few races in this year, if they are faster they can still race and not have to watch some other team start-and-park, while they were willing to run the whole race.
    Hey thanks, that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I'm a little appalled at the hypocrisy of NASCAR regarding the start-and-park teams, considering it's well known that many Busch and Truck fields are filled out by NASCAR persuading teams TO start-and-park just to get a "full" field.

I'd like to see what the point totals look like for the last few years under this new-new point system. See just how it would have effected the chase era, and even the Winston Cup era.
    I would think that overall, the points would be pretty similar under this system... You are still rewarding consistancy vs going 1st-15th-32nd-25th-2nd-30th...

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by Larch View Post
    It sounds like they will use a combination, at least that's the way I read it. Owner's points will still get you in (top 35), but from there it will be your practice speeds. I like it, I understand why they do it, but I reall dislike the start-and-parks. This way if there is a one off for Boris Said or Terry Labonte or even some rookie getting a few races in this year, if they are faster they can still race and not have to watch some other team start-and-park, while they were willing to run the whole race.

I'd like to see what the point totals look like for the last few years under this new-new point system. See just how it would have effected the chase era, and even the Winston Cup era.

Leave a comment:

• Larch
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I didn't hear about the first one. That's different- no longer using owner points? I don't know how this will impact practice, though- drivers may feel inclined to stay in qualifying trim instead of race trim and may not get a chance to practice in race trim.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Some pretty significant announcements made today...

I like the fact that practice speeds will be used to set the field if Qualifying is washed out... I also like that they will use practice speeds to set the order the cars will qualify...

The new points system is a different feeling however... I really wish that they could put more of an emphasis on winning... Give the winner a 5-8 point bonus in the new system instead of 3... I also think that they should have given all cars from 30th on back the same points, say 5...

I'm still in the air on adding the 2 drivers with the most wins outside the top 10 in points to the chase... That could go either way based on how the season plays out... I mean, if you have a bunch of 1-win drivers tied and vying for a win in Richmond or Bristol, it could get pretty epic...
    I didn't hear about the first one. That's different- no longer using owner points? I don't know how this will impact practice, though- drivers may feel inclined to stay in qualifying trim instead of race trim and may not get a chance to practice in race trim.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Some pretty significant announcements made today...

I like the fact that practice speeds will be used to set the field if Qualifying is washed out... I also like that they will use practice speeds to set the order the cars will qualify...

The new points system is a different feeling however... I really wish that they could put more of an emphasis on winning... Give the winner a 5-8 point bonus in the new system instead of 3... I also think that they should have given all cars from 30th on back the same points, say 5...

I'm still in the air on adding the 2 drivers with the most wins outside the top 10 in points to the chase... That could go either way based on how the season plays out... I mean, if you have a bunch of 1-win drivers tied and vying for a win in Richmond or Bristol, it could get pretty epic...

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Jr?
    Well played.

Leave a comment:

• GoBlackBears
    replied

New Sponsor for Gordon in 2011

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...don.cnn?hpt=C2

Leave a comment:

• Larch
    replied

Kind of an interesting take on the swap. Many believe this is about Jr., but Blount with ESPN doesn't think so.

Leave a comment:

• dave29
    replied

Jr?
    We could only hope! He is one of the most overrated athletes in all of professional sports.

Leave a comment:

• MattS
    replied

Jr?
    Nah, He can ride his last name for at least a couple of more seasons.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    This will be his last season anyway.
    Jr?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X