Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 NASCAR Season: You might be a redneck

Originally posted by Larch View Post
    I'll go with many of the prognosticators and say that he doesn't win it this year, unfortunately I think it'll be one of JGR entries, but not sure which one. Of course my opinion is subject to change based on the results at New Hampshire.
    I wouldn't mind if one of the JGR guys won it. But I am biased.

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I've always been a J.Gordon fan from the beginning, but I think "Shrub" will end Johnson's streak. Have you guys seen Kyle's fiancé Samantha Sarcinella? I really never noticed her until I watched Kyle's show, "Riding Shotgun: Kyle Busch." :eek

http://www.gossone.com/showbiz-news/.../attachment/ap
    So that's what she looks like.
    Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
    I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
    That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Clint Bowyer no longer your Chase 2nd place racer.

Linky

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
        Clint Bowyer no longer your Chase 2nd place racer.

Linky
        Ouch! That one hurts. Anything can happen with 9 races to go but a 185 point deficit behind Hamlin will be hard to make up.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
          Ouch! That one hurts. Anything can happen with 9 races to go but a 185 point deficit behind Hamlin will be hard to make up.
          It should be easy. All that team needs to do is keep cheating but not get caught!
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Three races to go and three drivers are in it for the title. Maybe the 48 will finally have to race for something at Homestead this year. Go Denny!!

Comment

It's Jimmie's world, everyone else is just living in it.

Comment

Stupid speeding penalty killed Happy
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                  It's Jimmie's world, everyone else is just living in it.
                  No doubt, best driver ever???
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    No doubt, best driver ever???
                    Not a chance in hell.... Top 10, yes... Top 5, doubful... Best? No effing way....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Not a chance in hell.... Top 10, yes... Top 5, doubful... Best? No effing way....
                      5 in a row and top 5, TF, How can that be thats he only top 5, who has won more(pretty short list)? and who has won 5 in row

Comment

5 in a row and top 5, TF, How can that be thats he only top 5, who has won more(pretty short list)? and who has won 5 in row
                        First of all, the CHASE format is a farce... Yes, Jimmy would still have won two championships under the old system (and I am not sure about this year)... But alas, two is not five... I just don't think that being the best over 10 races is the same as being the best over 36...

I also think that you need to look at the title you are giving Jimmy.... Best DRIVER... That equates to driving talent/skill and that alone... Now, more than ever, the team is responsible for results, not just the driver... Hendrick has had his **** figured out for most of the last decade... Knaus has been the best atop the box on pit lane... It's a perfect storm scenario... Jimmy has good talent... He is just in excellent equipment...

Going along with this, here are several drivers that are easily ahead of JJ in this category... Off the top of my head: Dale Earnhardt Sr., Richard Petty, David Pearson, Darrel Waltrip, and Cale Yarbough... If you want to go into "What if..." territory, I have no problem putting both Davy Allison and Tim Richmond ahead of Jimmy as well... Hell, it's even debatable if you can put Jimmy as the best driver on his own team... Jeff Gordon has done so much... Without Jeff, there is no Jimmy...

Jimmy is just a product of the system... I just think there is a good amount of luck involved in his case... This is sorta like baseball in the "PED Era" where things changed so drastically over the past, it's hard to compare... I just don't think Jimmy has proven his worthiness in that upper echelon just yet...

Comment

The chase sucks but he is still winning what is put in front of him? You don't think Petty had good equipment, or Dale SR?, They had to or they wouldn't have won. I don't follow NASCAR much anymore, once Dale died so did the sport but Jimmy is dominating the sport as much or more than anyone ever has.

Comment

The chase sucks but he is still winning what is put in front of him? You don't think Petty had good equipment, or Dale SR?, They had to or they wouldn't have won. I don't follow NASCAR much anymore, once Dale died so did the sport but Jimmy is dominating the sport as much or more than anyone ever has.
                            I agree that Jimmy is dominating the current system... The problem is that you are giving him the title "Greatest Driver"... Yes, the others had good equipment... But their success was more based on driver talent than Jimmy's is... Jimmy is on a team that has things figured out on 1.5 mile ovals... Gee, look at what 3/4 of the schedule is... That is going to bias things in this era in his favor.... If you want to have half the schedule on plate tracks, Michael Waltrip would be one hell of a driver over a 10 year span...

I just don't see Jimmy having the same success outside of the Hendrick/Knaus situation he is currently in... The other drivers I mentioned all started with lower-tier teams and won there... They earned their equipment... JJ stepped right into a top 5 team right out of the gate... He has 1 Nationwide win in his career... Everything else was at a lower level like the old ASA series... Could the kid drive? Hell Yes! I've known this since he was in ASA... I saw several of his races here in the midwest... He could put the hammer down... But he just happened to have the right connections to keep climbing the ladder... That's why I don't put him above the guys I mentioned...

Comment

I agree with Raceboarder, he's very good, but not best ever. I really didn't want J.J. to win, but I wanted him to win it before Hamlin, who I just can't like. I was really pulling for Happy.
                              Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

It's "Jimmie" Btw
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X