Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 NASCAR Season: You might be a redneck

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
    Edwards and Kesolowski are at it again. Edwards probably will take a bunch of crap for this, but Brad shouldn't have bumped him in turn 1. Kind of reminds me of something Earnhardt did in the past.
    Their is a difference between bumping and wrecking a car.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Their is a difference between bumping and wrecking a car.
      There is also a difference between being able to save it and not being able to. Carl saved it and Brad did not. Too bad for Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
        There is also a difference between being able to save it and not being able to. Carl saved it and Brad did not. Too bad for Brad.
        No one could save what Edwards did to Brad, he turned right into him

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          No one could save what Edwards did to Brad, he turned right into him
          Exactly. What Brad did to Carl was hard racing and going for the win on the final lap and we see it almost every week. What Carl did to Brad was plain old thuggery/road rage...whatever you want to call it. Once again, while I truly believe Carl wasn't trying to hurt him, he made a truly horrible miscalculation and left Brad in a potentially deadly situation.

Carls' veil of being a nice guy is growing thinner and thinner.

My one other thought on this situation though, I'm not as quick to throw Carl under the bus...as this time it was for the win, in my mind there is still no forgivness for Atlanta as he was 100+ laps down and and Brad was in the top 5 I think. At some point Brad is probably going to be as obvious about dumping Carl as he has been and then the poo is going to hit the fan.
          Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Sadler took one hell of a hit.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

You don't see an engine laying on the track too often

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Sadler took one hell of a hit.
                what kinda production does espn have there?!?!? why couldn't i get video of that?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  what kinda production does espn have there?!?!? why couldn't i get video of that?
                  My guess is all of the cameras were watching Busch, and Sadler's hit was behind it. This is the best video of it, at the 44 second mark you see Sadler's hit on the most inopportune part of the dangerous inside wall Pocono has.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFK8vKVgC4o&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFK8vKVgC4o&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

While you're at it YouTube Steve Park Earnhardt Jr Pocono Wreck (2002 I believe)
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I can't view any replays at work today. Does anyone know who hit Sadler from behind?

Comment

I can't view any replays at work today. Does anyone know who hit Sadler from behind?
                        His teammate A.J. Wallbanger. From Jayski.com:
                        http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news43mon
                        A.J. got in to Sadler: During a wreck that started when #48-Jimmie Johnson tapped #2-Kurt Busch on Lap 165 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday, smoke clouded up the straightaway before turn 2. Unable to see through the smoke, teammate #43-A.J. Allmendinger hit the back of #19-Elliott Sadler, sending him on a wild ride that ended with a hit so hard the engine of his car was torn apart and thrown towards the racetrack. "It knocked the breath out of me pretty good, but it's definitely the hardest hit I've ever had in a race car," Sadler said. "These new cars are built to be safer and if I can get out of that and walk [away from] that, I think it did its job."
                        "Everyone was checking up in front of me and there was tons of smoke. I had nowhere to go," Allmendinger said after the race. "I really hate it for Elliott and those guys. You hate to see anyone wreck, especially as hard of a hit as that. I'm really glad he's OK."(Sports Illustrated)(8-2-2010)
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It's time for the chase. Can anyone knock off JJ?

Comment

I'll go with many of the prognosticators and say that he doesn't win it this year, unfortunately I think it'll be one of JGR entries, but not sure which one. Of course my opinion is subject to change based on the results at New Hampshire.
                            Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
                              I'll go with many of the prognosticators and say that he doesn't win it this year, unfortunately I think it'll be one of JGR entries, but not sure which one. Of course my opinion is subject to change based on the results at New Hampshire.
                              I've said it since the first month or two of the season that this is the year to knock off Jimmie.

He NEVER starts out strong and instead always builds momentum throughout the year. That was not the case this year. The 48 team got weaker throughout the year and made a lot of mistakes to cost them races and points. That kind of stuff wasn't happening going into the Chase the last four seasons.

If I had to put money on it, I'd go with Harvick or Hamlin to take it this year.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

I've always been a J.Gordon fan from the beginning, but I think "Shrub" will end Johnson's streak. Have you guys seen Kyle's fiancé Samantha Sarcinella? I really never noticed her until I watched Kyle's show, "Riding Shotgun: Kyle Busch." :eek

http://www.gossone.com/showbiz-news/.../attachment/ap
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X