Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 NASCAR Season: You might be a redneck

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
    Look at one the most respected drivers: Mark Martin. He has won plenty of races and hasnt needed to put people in the wall to do it. He wins on skill and intellect, not by using cheap shots such as bump drafting people in the turns, getting people aero loose and tapping their left rear quarter panel.
    While I totally agree, you could also say he's lost plenty the same way. But paying your dues is a big part of it. Respect can only be earned.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      While I totally agree, you could also say he's lost plenty the same way. But paying your dues is a big part of it. Respect can only be earned.
      I agree. Ive been a Mark Martin fan since the early '90s back when he was driving the #6 Valvoline car for Roush and sometimes Mark is a little too nice for his own good.
      He definetly has cost himself quite a few wins and even a championship or 2 because he tries to always race clean.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        I think the one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet...at least here...is; how did these guys get here? The Busch brothers, Kesolowski, Stewart and I'm sure there are others got to where they are because the won. They won by being a aggressive and probably moving some people. You can't just expect them to stop on a dime. They will have to learn and Kesolowski will as well...maybe. Stewart, Kurt for sure, and I think even Kyle to some degree have all learned to win without taking people out all the time.

The other thing, every **** driver out there has taken somebody out while driving in the Cup circuit.
        Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post

The other thing, every **** driver out there has taken somebody out while driving in the Cup circuit.
          Maybe, but you don't see 150 lap down cars taking out top 10 cars on purpose
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think the one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet...at least here...is; how did these guys get here? The Busch brothers, Kesolowski, Stewart and I'm sure there are others got to where they are because the won. They won by being a aggressive and probably moving some people. You can't just expect them to stop on a dime. They will have to learn and Kesolowski will as well...maybe. Stewart, Kurt for sure, and I think even Kyle to some degree have all learned to win without taking people out all the time.

True. I think that most drivers agree that when the white flag flies and the pay window opens, you do what you gotta do.
            The problem comes when a driver is racing way too hard and being way too rough when theres still 150 laps to go in a race.
            Im not sure that I would say that all those drivers you named learned to win without taking people out. Any of them would think nothing of roughing up someone else on the last lap or knocking a rookie out the way who was holding them up.
            As they say though, "rubbins racin" and thats why people love NASCAR.
            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
            Originally posted by MadCityRich
            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
              Any of them would think nothing of roughing up someone else on the last lap or knocking a rookie out the way who was holding them up.
              I have no problem when someone uses the chrome horn. "Rattlin' someone's cage" as Earnhardt Sr. used to say is vastly different from hooking a guy's rear quarter panel and spinning him.

With today's speeds and aero configurations nobody can tell what these cars are gonna do when they go around. Watch the Kesolowski replay and take a good look at how close that car was to going into the stands. That's a scary situation for everyone.

I have seen a NASCAR modified leave the track and enter the stands... it was not a pretty sight.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

It's been pretty quiet in here. I guess it's because Matt Kenseth hasn't won a race yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                  It's been pretty quiet in here. I guess it's because Matt Kenseth hasn't won a race yet.
                  Too much hockey to pay attention to for me to care about racing.

Your screen name reminds of a guy we used to race against, his name was Dave Dionne and he always ran #29.
                  Last edited by legal_hit; 05-07-2010, 11:05 AM.
                  Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                  I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                  That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by legal_hit View Post
                    Too much hockey to pay attention too for me to care about racing.

Your screen name reminds of a guy we used to race against, his name was Dave Dionne and he always ran #29.
                    Very true. The playoffs have my attention as well. I just hope the 48 gets knocked off this year.

Comment

If anyone's in West Michigan, Johnny Benson is driving one of Kyle Busch's template late models at Berlin Saturday night. I might go, but with the weather it will be a race time decision.
                      This space for sale.

Comment

the 48 just got almost fubar..... flying ass by the 43 caught him broadside and put jimmie into the wall. ouch.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I know most of you are hoping against it, but I'm playing "Is this the race that Jeff Gordon looks great in, but doesn't lose it at the end?". As a Gordon fan, it's getting frustrating, I can only imagine what it's like for him. He screwed himself over in Darlington.
                          Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

I know most of you are hoping against it, but I'm playing "Is this the race that Jeff Gordon looks great in, but doesn't lose it at the end?". As a Gordon fan, it's getting frustrating, I can only imagine what it's like for him. He screwed himself over in Darlington.
                            It doesn't bother me anymore. It's comedy gold at this point.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Jeremy Mayfield's lawsuit against NASCAR is dismissed
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Edwards and Kesolowski are at it again. Edwards probably will take a bunch of crap for this, but Brad shouldn't have bumped him in turn 1. Kind of reminds me of something Earnhardt did in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZY-ZeQU9yg
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                                Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Working...
                                X