Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 NASCAR Season: You might be a redneck

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    And Gordon is the whiniest driver in all of NASCAR. If you ever attend an event its amazing how much booing Gordon gets. LOL.
    Agreed. I attended the Brickyard 400 back in the 90's and my Dad and I both had scanners. We picked up Gordon, and were listening in when he had a tantrum. His car wasn't running the best, and he says something like " This car is Junk! I can't drive this kind of Junk!" to Evernham. Well Evernham calms him down, and they do some small adjustments. He ended up winning the race.

Ever since then, no respect for Gordon whatsoever. Plus, I used to be a Rusty Wallace fanatic back in the day, and Gordon screwed him over at Bristol a couple of times with a bump and run to win.

I wish they would just let drivers police themselves more, or switch to rules similar to some of the smaller racing series or local short tracks I've gone to. If you spin someone out or spin out on your own; back of the pack. Spin out more than twice; park it. It keeps the racing competitive yet clean.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
    Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post

I have and I wasn't surprised, what I found surprising is when Stewart crashed out and all his supporters left...that's what I found surprising.
      I'm still a Smoke supporter, even though I hid while he drove a Toyota. He was trying to be a team player, but his heart wasn't into driving anything but a Chevy. I'd have liked to have been a fly on a wall when Gibbs had Hamlin and Stewart together in a meeting. I bet there were some choice exchanges. As for Keselowski, he'll learn the same way that Montoya learned. You take too many DNF's and you'll get sacked, whether they are your fault or not. He better learn to work with drivers and not alienate them, ala Shrubby.

And, if I had a candidate for whiner of the year, I would have nominated Junior. Sorry, his legacy, nor working for Hendrick, can't keep covering up for his lack of results. Yet, the only one that keeps getting blamed is his crew chief or his crew. I heard him blame his equipment too much last year, working for the best financed organization in NASCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        Stewart is the best driver in America. So yes, there is a big difference between Tony Stewart and Keselowski.

(I'm not saying Stewart is the best NASCAR driver, but the best driver across the board.)

And Gordon is the whiniest driver in all of NASCAR. If you ever attend an event its amazing how much booing Gordon gets. LOL.
        I would agree if you're taking all aspects of driving on any surface etc into account that yes Tony Stewart would be up there if not the best. He's one of those guys that picks something up very quickly. He's proven it on Dirt with modifieds, late models, and sprints as well as in Indy and NASCAR.

However, I feel the best pure talent driver in NASCAR, as much as I hate him, is Kyle Busch. That man can flat out DRIVE. Checker or wreck her attitude but once he matures a little bit more and he could get out of a Toyota we'll really start to see him shine.

and this is coming from a Jimmie Johnson fan that was a fan of the 48 long before he was winning Sprint Cup titles.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Comparing drivers to rock acts:

Tony Stewart = Springsteen

Mark Martin = Clapton

Gordon/Johnson/Edwards/Hamlin = Corporate Rock Crap

Jr. = Rockwell

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
            Ever since then, no respect for Gordon whatsoever.
            Because he complained about a car that wasn't working right to his crew? What is he supposed to do? Say it works fine and lose?
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Wardy View Post
              Comparing drivers to rock acts:

Tony Stewart = Springsteen

Mark Martin = Clapton

Gordon/Johnson/Edwards/Hamlin = Corporate Rock Crap

Jr. = Rockwell
              Gordon/Johnson/Edwards/Hamlin = Nickelback?
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Wardy View Post

Jr. = Rockwell
                Rockwell must be pretty popular?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Because he complained about a car that wasn't working right to his crew? What is he supposed to do? Say it works fine and lose?
                  It's not that complaining about a bad setup is a bad thing, but just whining about it like a little baby doesn't help at all. He sounded like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum in a grocery store because their mom wouldn't buy them any candy.

Giving your crew chief complaints about where your car is handling bad, and whining like a little b**** about it are two completely different things.
                  guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.

Comment

Will Kyle Busch be able to win when he gets his gas pedal fixed?
                    This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                      Shrubby can win if he keeps his emotions from getting the best of him.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                        Hopefully the biggest punk on the circuit gets driven into a wall every race

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Hopefully the biggest punk on the circuit gets driven into a wall every race
                          He's growing up a little bit.

He was pretty gracious in his interview after missing the chase last year when I expected him to be an arsehole.

Punk or not...IMHO, I think he's one of the most, if not the most talented driver in NASCAR.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Danica is getting a ton of practice at riding around under yellow. At this rate the Shootout will be tomorrow.
                            This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              He's growing up a little bit.

He was pretty gracious in his interview after missing the chase last year when I expected him to be an arsehole.

Punk or not...IMHO, I think he's one of the most, if not the most talented driver in NASCAR.
                              Talent only takes you so far and as the saying goes, he has **** for brains

Comment

Bliss, Logano, Johnson and Hamlin were all involved in a multi-car accident in one of the practice sessions. In my opinion good news; they all suck. Bliss is the only one I actually like out of the four. He just never has a good enough ride to do much in Sprint Cup.

Marcos Ambrose is on top of the leader board followed by Kyle Busch, Reed Sorenson, Logano and defending race winner Matt Kenseth. I hope Kenseth can come away with a good finish again this year, and hopefully make the chase this time.

Don't forget to watch the 125's tomorrow if you get the speed channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X