X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The Anita Hill article...you didnt say WaPo was RW but you did say (by mistake I assume) that Anita Hill and her cadre were
    See below. I wasn't calling Anita RW, I was saying it would be funny if the Echo Chamber used the Anita argument to slag Joe.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Ok - the amended Red/Green tax plan

Individuals
      All file as single. Count everything. No above the line adjustments.

Deduct 45,000 * locality multiplier (If you know anything about Federal locality pay, you'll know what I'm talking about).

Tax the remainder at 15%. Tax anything over $1 million at 25%. Tax anything over $10 million at 35%.

Corporations-the previous proposal remains unchanged.

Estate - tax the appreciation in liquid assets at 15%.
      15 / 45 / 75 and you have a deal.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Scooby does
        So does Bill Gates.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          15 / 45 / 75 and you have a deal.
          15 / 30 / 50.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            15 / 30 / 50.
            15 / 37 / 62 and then add one more bracket for > 100M at 90
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Then why all the responses/coverage of it? Who cares if he claimed to be in the running for the Time cover? That's not news. Designating NK as a state sponsoring terror is news. Cover THAT. Talk about THAT.
              Get this. But 2 thoughts.
              1. It is not normal for anyone who is a of legal adult age, never mind the President, to act like this. That is a real story. It shows he is an amoral, unhinged sociopath but... he has shown it so many times it has become a 'non-story'. Think about that for just a minute. We have someone who is crazier than a loon and people are saying don't cover that, it is a distraction, just ignore it. If anyone were to do this at a local level the reaction would surely happen. It should happen. I don't have a problem with them covering it- it needs to be labeled and called out, not ignored. BUT- a big but- it should be matter of fact, part of the stream of the news not the only news.

2. I think many people feel validated when they see more and more proof of their opinion. IMHO there are many who are hoping what ever the latest thing is, it will finally tip the scales to get the blind to see. This one more thing will make the evidence so clear people will have to acknowledge the guy is who he really is. We have our resident audio-visual aid that shows just how silly pursuing this is. The blind will remain willfully blind. This is way past 'I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue' blind.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Get this. But 2 thoughts.
                1. It is not normal for anyone who is a of legal adult age, never mind the President, to act like this. That is a real story. It shows he is an amoral, unhinged sociopath but... he has shown it so many times it has become a 'non-story'. Think about that for just a minute. We have someone who is crazier than a loon and people are saying don't cover that, it is a distraction, just ignore it. If anyone were to do this at a local level the reaction would surely happen. It should happen. I don't have a problem with them covering it- it needs to be labeled and called out, not ignored. BUT- a big but- it should be matter of fact, part of the stream of the news not the only news.

2. I think many people feel validated when they see more and more proof of their opinion. IMHO there are many who are hoping what ever the latest thing is, it will finally tip the scales to get the blind to see. This one more thing will make the evidence so clear people will have to acknowledge the guy is who he really is. We have our resident audio-visual aid that shows just how silly pursuing this is. The blind will remain willfully blind. This is way past 'I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue' blind.
                Mention it, but don't go on and on ad nauseaum. That's all.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  It would be easier talk about what this clown has done of substance if he’d done anything of substance. He doesn’t do substance.

And Les is right: The guy is mentally unfit, whether his water carriers want to face that or not.
                  Last edited by burd; 11-26-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    It would be easier talk about what this clown has done of substance if he’d done anything of substance.

And Les is right: The guy is mentally unfit, whether his water carriers want to face that or not.
                    He is not right in the head. No argument here.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      He is not right in the head. No argument here.
                      Sometimes it’s just amusing, and we tend to react to that for entertainment value. But sometimes it’s f cking scary, and that is newsworthy

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        Sometimes it’s just amusing, and we tend to react to that for entertainment value. But sometimes it’s f cking scary, and that is newsworthy
                        That is why I specified stuff like the Time cover. That's not news. The NK stuff, the border stuff, etc, that's news when he spouts off.

Comment

Agree. It should be reported on not used like a soap opera. Unfortunately there are very few journalists left. It is entertainment. The BBC is much better. They just report on it. Without all the histrionics it sounds much worse. When they do all the emoting people can discount it as hysterical response. Dry reporting makes it so much more powerful and stark

Comment

He's POTUS. Everything he says, is news. Stop trying to argue that it's wrong to point out that he is a complete looney toon on almost every subject, trivial or otherwise. Claiming he turned down Time Person of the Year, when such an offer was never even made, is not Presidential behavior. He's aggrandizing himself because he is a narcissist who always has to be in control/"winning"/whatever you want to call it, even when he's clearly not. He's getting very scared about Flynn flipping, it's quite obvious.

EDIT: I agree, BBC News is great.

Comment

That is why I specified stuff like the Time cover. That's not news. The NK stuff, the border stuff, etc, that's news when he spouts off.
                              No, it is news. It is not normal for someone to do that. Not even close. If you were to start doing things like that at work, carrying on to the detriment of doing your real job, it would be an issue. It should be for a President too. It should be reported but in a factual way- the President claimed to have been approached by Time Magazine to be Man of the Year in a tweet and has tweeted multiples times in the last 24 hours on the subject. This has been denied/refuted by multiple sources within the magazine publicly. it is unknown why he would tweet something of this nature. And moving on.... The President has moved to do X with NK. His Secretary of State has given contradictory statements....

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                He's POTUS. Everything he says, is news. Stop trying to argue that it's wrong to point out that he is a complete looney toon on almost every subject, trivial or otherwise. Claiming he turned down Time Person of the Year, when such an offer was never even made, is not Presidential behavior. He's aggrandizing himself because he is a narcissist who always has to be in control/"winning"/whatever you want to call it, even when he's clearly not. He's getting very scared about Flynn flipping, it's quite obvious.

EDIT: I agree, BBC is great.
                                Again, mention it, but one doesn't need to analyze everything he says for hours (or days) on end, IF it's a trivial thing, like the Time cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X