This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Joe manufacturer isn’t in business to invest. He should stick to manufacturing which he knows
    Joe employee isn't in his job to invest. He should stick to running the machine which he knows.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Roy Moore = Dennis Hastert?!?!? Yikes!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.a57809bc0dab
      Hmmm: https://***********/AmeliaFrappolli/...186624/photo/1

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Joe employee isn't in his job to invest. He should stick to running the machine which he knows.
        Last Mookie checked joe hires fidelity or some outfit to do just that with his 401k
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Please please please tell Mookie next you want the return of the company store cause joe manufacturing can’t make decisions on the best tide or Clorox to buy
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Last Mookie checked joe hires fidelity or some outfit to do just that with his 401k
            Joe manufacturer can do the same farking thing for his pension plan.

Comment

Oh what the heck... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HloBySIP2FE

You anti-Trumpers really are deranged.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                No, they can add and subtract. That’s why defined benefit pensions are gone.
                Wrong. If they could add and subtract the pensions never would have gone broke in the first place. All of these people in the investment industry lie about the great returns you're going to see. They never tell the truth about investing or how the 1% rig the stock market in their favor. I've been "invested" for over 20 years and I know what happened to my dad with his pension so I know what I am talking about.

All the pensions (especially from 1980 on) assume huge unrealistic returns. When people were getting me going in investing my money and I was starting to get a 401K the return estimates were all lies. I know because none of them came true.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Joe manufacturer can do the same farking thing for his pension plan.
                  As you said, it comes down to risk. The company can either (a) assume that risk, or (b) pass that risk along.

If the company tanks, all xx,xxx employees' pension is shot. One might argue the company going 401k (not DPP) lowered risk for the employees by not having them "double dependent" -- job and pension. (Not sure if it's a great argument.)

If Joe Bagadonuts makes bad investment choice on his 401k he's shot but the (xx,xxx - 1) are fine.

If the whole market tanks, well, all xx,xxx in either scenario are screwed.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    As you said, it comes down to risk. The company can either (a) assume that risk, or (b) pass that risk along.

If the company tanks, all xx,xxx employees' pension is shot. One might argue the company going 401k (not DPP) lowered risk for the employees by not having them "double dependent" -- job and pension. (Not sure if it's a great argument.)

If Joe Bagadonuts makes bad investment choice on his 401k he's shot but the (xx,xxx - 1) are fine.

If the whole market tanks, well, all xx,xxx in either scenario are screwed.
                    A pension is not invested in the company itself. And it should be treated as a wholly separate entity from an accounting standpoint.

The problem is it became too easy to raid the pension fund and "forget" to repay the loan until it was too late.

Comment

The problem is it became too easy to raid the pension fund and "forget" to repay the loan until it was too late.
                      Yup. Like I said (, times get tough, that pile of money is just sitting there, ...) company goes down, pension goes down. All too common.

That's why I never let myself get "double dependent" to an employer.

Heck, even today I look at how my mutual funds and stocks (via employee stock buy plans) are invested and make sure I'm not more than 5% (dollars) exposed to any single common stock. By my own "5%" benchmark I recently sold a bunch of MSFT* because one of my mutual funds bought a bunch.

*Yes, I used to work for the evil empire.
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-09-2017, 04:06 PM.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Defined pensions are gone because of risk. It is less risky for an employer to just give a certain amount of money to an employee today and let them invest it in a 401k than for the employer to take that money and invest it itself in such a way as to guarantee itself the money will be around when it's needed, in the amount that is needed.
                        It's not risk, it's greed. Employer can offer a pittance to his employees as a 401k match compared to the amount he would have to contribute to fully fund a pension plan.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

A pension is not invested in the company itself. And it should be treated as a wholly separate entity from an accounting standpoint.

Or, other company sees that huge pile of coin sitting in that pension plan, and buys them, liquidates the company and pockets that pension money for themselves. Employees? Too effin' bad.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            I'm curious how climate change is seen as a security issue.
                            Curious or obtuse?
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Warmer climates may require changes to the uniform.

(That was for you mook.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Well, you definitely won't win any of them over by constantly referring to them as stupid. And that is how you win elections... win more people over to your side.
                                Wait. I thought being PC was out of style. But maybe if he uses big words instead they will never know?

Comment

Working...
                                X