X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Yeah, got that. Just because you don’t care about companies buying politicians doesn’t mean it’s not a problem.
    Special interests buy politician.
    Sun rises in east.
    Water: wet.

Tell me how to fix the system.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      I think because unions have been so gutted over the years they misplace their blame and think it's the union's fault rather than the govt's. At least that's my guess.
      Not entirely. The unions have made so many miscalculations over the last 40 years that their decline can be partially blamed on themselves. One huge miscalculation has been to suck up to politicians and governments that -- at least in this country -- have done nothing for labor in my lifetime. If you had all week I wouldn't have enough time to tell you how unions have failed their members in many ways since I first got involved in labor 30+ years ago. Big business and their government allies have harmed unions and working people more, but as someone right in the middle, I'd be shirking the truth and my duties if I did not acknowledge our our shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        Not entirely. The unions have made so many miscalculations over the last 40 years that their decline can be partially blamed on themselves. One huge miscalculation has been to suck up to politicians and governments that -- at least in this country -- have done nothing for labor in my lifetime. If you had all week I wouldn't have enough time to tell you how unions have failed their members in many ways since I first got involved in labor 30+ years ago. Big business and their government allies have harmed unions and working people more, but as someone right in the middle, I'd be shirking the truth and my duties if I did not acknowledge our our shortcomings.
        You can start with how the Unions denied their members their true worth and gave them a pension instead. And then the companies hired actuaries who can't add and subtract and the pensions disappeared faster than you can say "gone".

My dad just had his pension reduced AGAIN. A pension he was given as a promise in place of a salary. All lies.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No, they can add and subtract. That’s why defined benefit pensions are gone.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Roy Moore = Dennis Hastert?!?!? Yikes!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.a57809bc0dab
            I am surprised that isnt legal in Alabama...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Because individual people are better able to manage retirement risks through a 401k than a conglomerate of thousands of people sharing their risks through a pension.

This is what the GOP rank and file actually believes.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I am surprised that isnt legal in Alabama...
                Yet another ConservaPerv. Who wudda thunk it?
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Those people who voted for trump are not going to abandon him. They aren't smart enough. Americans are far more stupid, on average, than the average liberal believes.
                  As a fellow abhorrer [sic] of the POTUS I say get over yourself.

Regarding PR: 60% of the island’s power generation is still offline and more than 100k have already moved off the island.

Comment

Sure I don't doubt that either, it's something I'd like to learn more about as, being in the under 30 crowd (for the next few months) and originally from WI, I haven't really seen unions hold a lot of power in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Because individual people are better able to manage retirement risks through a 401k than a conglomerate of thousands of people sharing their risks through a pension.

This is what the GOP rank and file actually believes.
                      Right. But all I’m saying is pensions are expensive and complicated. I’m not saying it’s a good thing they’re being eliminated.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        All you have to do is surrender your passport to make an easy $6 for 15 hours of work per day.
                        C’mon!!

This isn’t Qatar
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Right. But all I’m saying is pensions are expensive and complicated. I’m not saying it’s a good thing they’re being eliminated.
                          They're not any more complicated than an annuity or life insurance.

Expensive depends on who you ask. In the aggregate, they're not any more expensive than a similarly funded 401k, because at the end of the day, the goal is still to fund a person's retirement. The problem is 401ks are not funded at the same level, so they seem cheaper. They also place all the investment risk on the employee rather than sharing it with the employer.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Defined pensions are gone because of risk. It is less risky for an employer to just give a certain amount of money to an employee today and let them invest it in a 401k than for the employer to take that money and invest it itself in such a way as to guarantee itself the money will be around when it's needed, in the amount that is needed.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Expensive depends on who you ask. In the aggregate, they're not any more expensive than a similarly funded 401k, because at the end of the day, the goal is still to fund a person's retirement. The problem is 401ks are not funded at the same level, so they seem cheaper. They also place all the investment risk on the employee rather than sharing it with the employer.
                              Joe manufacturer isn’t in business to invest. He should stick to manufacturing which he knows
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

For the employer it’s more complicated than dumping the responsibility on the employee. I’m talking only from the perspective of the company.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X