X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    STILL??

If you are wondering why Puerto Rico is STILL in the news, check their status out at status.pr

You will see that they are STILL very devastated by a hurricane that was one of the most powerful on record. Some attribute that to climate change. And the lack of recovery can be traced that few in this administration give a crap about them. dump gives himself a 10, yet they haven't gotten 50% power after 7 weeks.

These are our fellow US citizens who are STILL suffering from a weather related natural disaster. Still.

The Army Corps of Engineers should be doing a whole lot more work to help put the fallen power grid back up, but they are not. They've got heavy lifting equipment, but have not been instructed to use it. Why not?
    This discussion... not the news. It was brought up to attempt to make a point that I didn't think make sense that I questioned leading to this current blow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      We have a horrid infrastructure in this country right now. I would think a new Marshall Plan centered on retraining etc. for those existing folks would do it. I hardly believe their children want to be Hole Diggers. It's a one generation fix.
      Some people take pride in getting dirty? There is nothing wrong with that? Manual labor isn’t just another Mexican

Mookie thinks it hurts the appeal of an al gore or hilly to try and change these people. (Even though they prolly need to). Bubba to his credit got it.

That is these people’s homes though.

Why do people want to continue to live there? In the squalor that is down next to the concrete river?

Why do kids stay in Roxbury? South central?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        When people have jobs, oddly enough, they don't wallow in these thoughts even if they are always under the surface. If they don't what else do they have to think about all day except for "getting even" with people who "have everything handed to them".
        This has been my battle cry since before the last big elections. We can't waste all of our time trying to end the hatred. But if people feel like they can take care of themselves and their families they don't act on the hatred and it doesn't surface in "polite company." People with jobs aren't looking for scapegoats.

Oh and before I forget, Mookie, go fvck yourself with a cactus plant.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Some people take pride in getting dirty? There is nothing wrong with that? Manual labor isn’t just another Mexican

Mookie thinks it hurts the appeal of an al gore or hilly to try and change these people. (Even though they prolly need to). Bubba to his credit got it.

That is these people’s homes though.

Why do people want to continue to live there? In the squalor that is down next to the concrete river?

Why do kids stay in Roxbury? South central?
          No one is saying dirty jobs won't still exist in West Virginia.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I will say being located in a relatively wealthy state and a long but doable commute to Boston probably mitigates some of these issues better than the western PA region is able to.
            Central PA (a.k.a., "Pennsyltucky") traditionally had a two-generation path. The smartest kids in the first generation graduated #1 from their horrific Pottersville high school and went off to Penn State or, if they were smarter, Pitt, or, if they were a lot smarter, Georgetown or Carnegie-Mellon. When they graduated they went to work in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia. The smartest kids in the second generation graduated #1 from their decent Pittsburgh / Philly / suburban high schools and went off to tier 1 schools and then moved to NYC or DC and ran the world.

That was the great feeder system that operated from the New Deal through the Great Society. Reagan started to destroy it and it's been falling apart ever since, as social mobility has cratered and inequality has returned to 1920s levels. They've almost got us back all the way to the 19th century where they can do away with the last few labor laws and maybe even think about restricting the franchise to property holders again.

And that's why we have to stop The Heist, and then claw back the $10T they've stolen since the 80s.
            Last edited by Kepler; 11-09-2017, 10:56 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pennsyltucky goes from I81 to the Mississippi River

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Oh and before I forget, Mookie, go fvck yourself with a cactus plant.
                Ouch!
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Ouch!
                  Mookie will have to take one for the team.... even a cactus wouldn’t **** that nasty ****

Best to keep the cactus happy

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    No one is saying dirty jobs won't still exist in West Virginia.
                    Mike Rowe's ratings thank you.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Pennsyltucky goes from I81 to the Mississippi River
                      To be honest Pennsyltucky goes the entire length of I-80 from Teaneck to 30 miles east of San Francisco.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        To be honest Pennsyltucky goes the entire length of I-80 from Teaneck to 30 miles east of San Francisco.
                        80 goes through Chicagoland

That’s a city

Comment

80 goes through Chicagoland

That’s a city
                          Shh. I'm fishing for flyover freak outs.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Shh. I'm fishing for flyover freak outs.
                            I was thinking you're out to PO our resident Omaha guy "unofan".

Right now I'm three miles from two different interstate highways, but neither are I-80 so it's all good.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You can't save all of these smaller communities and restore them to their former luster. Geographic wealth concentration is only increasing in primarily the big coastal cities and a few places in between (Texas, Denver, Minny, etc). I can't speak to Johnston specifically, but what's been happening somewhat in Mass is an effort to push out govt offices to more needy places as every back office function need not be located in downtown Boston. For example, the FBI moved out of its downtown Boston office a couple of years ago and into a formerly struggling neighboring city called Chelsea. This of course doesn't mean the primarily Hispanic immigrant population of that city all got jobs at FBI agents, but you bring some people into a neighborhood and it starts generating income for the surrounding area. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your view property values have skyrocketed in the region since then such that Chelsea may have gentrified regardless but they had the right idea. More places should try to do more of this to maybe give their struggling municipalities outside of the capital a bit of a lifeline.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

... but what's been happening somewhat in Mass is an effort to push out govt offices to more needy places as every back office function need not be located in downtown Boston.
                                That's not a bad thing. In ND Gov. Bergum has been asking why, with all the tech options for communications available today, do all the state offices have to be in Bismarck.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X