X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Wow. Just wow. Seriously, I know you can think. Think about it a minute. It's obvious. Kep even gave you an article on it.
    I could say the same thing about you. Not sure why Puerto Rico is still in this discussion if now all of a sudden it's not.

This thread moves fast and I usually have better things to do then read links I didn't see or contact the pentagon to ask why it's an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      When you posted earlier that your mother was from Johnstown, I wondered whether you were a descendant of the Mellons or Carnegies or other families for whom they built that dam to create the lake, or whether you were a descendant of those left to tread water.
      We got drowned. All three times: 1889, 1936, 1977. The 1936 flood killed my Mom's favorite cat and I swear I'm not making it up she's not over it.

My parents were the only people in their families to go to college -- they really did grow up like that picture, although Dad was the city version. That's why I give a sh-t about social mobility and nothing else and why my life's mission is to murder the f-cking fascist f-cks who are destroying those ladders.

It's personal.
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-09-2017, 10:20 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        You do realize that over 50% of the island still does not have power, right? And over 20% still don't have water.

There's a town that has to ford a river every day to get out of town. Every single day.

If this continues too long, I see many people getting very upset and using force to survive.
        Yes, I know that. But the comment was about war. Did the definition of war expand to now include effects from hurricanes? Just want to be clear here.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          The question is- what are they fighting for? What does dump represent that they want to really continue? Do they really support in their hearts racism, sexism, and xenophobia? If they do- can it be fixed?

Or do they see that there's some kind of dismantling of government that they support for some reason? Which is odd, since that really helps nobody in this city. Sure, you can have a job, but your lifespan will be shorter due to various reasons.

It's interesting that they turn their back on the unions that have been supporting them for so many years. They are more siding with the lords/owners than their own interest.
          Time has passed them and that’s it. Judge smails aptly spoke “the world needs ditch diggers too”, but the irony is some people LIKE to dig ditches. Those miners ****ing love to go in the hole. Gives them an identity. They feel proud coming out of the mill dirty and sweaty. Couldn’t care less that **** nd fan calls them stupid.
          But now they are ****ed. Hard.

They don’t know what they want. They can’t even be helped.

Pols keep people off of them by offering up another group so they can get angry at them. If anything trump is trying to unite these sad *** souls against Muslims.

Who the hell knows what to do anyhow.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            When you posted earlier that your mother was from Johnstown, I wondered whether you were a descendant of the Mellons or Carnegies or other families for whom they built that dam to create the lake, or whether you were a descendant of those left to tread water.
            Mellons stopped in ligonier and built rolling rock. J’town is up and over the laurel ridge, but not all that far. But also not that close.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Yes, I know that. But the comment was about war. Did the definition of war expand to now include effects from hurricanes? Just want to be clear here.
              No it wasn’t. It was about why the pentagon thought climate change was a threat. Especially as it relates to people fleeing areas affected. The potential conflicts and geopolitical impacts that result are important to predict.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Time has passed them and that’s it. Judge smails aptly spoke “the world needs ditch diggers too”, but the irony is some people LIKE to dig ditches. Those miners ****ing love to go in the hole. Gives them an identity. They feel proud coming out of the mill dirty and sweaty. Couldn’t care less that **** nd fan calls them stupid.

Pols keep people off of them by offering up another group so they can get angry at them. If anything trump is trying to unite these sad *** souls against Muslims.

I would think there are plenty of road/infrastructure jobs that a miner could be retrained for.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I could say the same thing about you. Not sure why Puerto Rico is still in this discussion if now all of a sudden it's not.

This thread moves fast and I usually have better things to do then read links I didn't see or contact the pentagon to ask why it's an issue.
                  STILL??

If you are wondering why Puerto Rico is STILL in the news, check their status out at status.pr

You will see that they are STILL very devastated by a hurricane that was one of the most powerful on record. Some attribute that to climate change. And the lack of recovery can be traced that few in this administration give a crap about them. dump gives himself a 10, yet they haven't gotten 50% power after 7 weeks.

These are our fellow US citizens who are STILL suffering from a weather related natural disaster. Still.

The Army Corps of Engineers should be doing a whole lot more work to help put the fallen power grid back up, but they are not. They've got heavy lifting equipment, but have not been instructed to use it. Why not?

Comment

The effects from Global Warming will cause war. Yes. That's the premise. And if you want to see why just look at Puerto Rico.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It’s really been kicked in the sack. Mookie spends a lot of time there golfing. Always try and spend money when there to help them out. Difference from top of the hill to bottom is like night and day. ****ing sad.
                      The city center is a whole different kind of pain. It's just so desolate. If you go into the churches (Ukrainian, Czech-Slovak, Polish and I believe Ruthenian which I wasn't even sure was a thing) you can see what a lovely place it was once. My aunt told me stories about the different ethnicities ganging together in the 30s to have rock fights. Good times. My grandfather ran a bar which appears to have continued in operation, completely openly, right through Prohibition. My other male relatives all worked at the Bethlehem steel works which completely dominated the city:

Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

it's a weather related natural disaster. Which can easily turn into a security crisis if things are not sped up.

Good thing that Puerto Ricans don't behave like dump thinks they do. Otherwise the guy who just showed up to hook back up power to a house yesterday should have never happened.

But it's also a disaster that the Army could easily be helping recover from.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I would think there are plenty of road/infrastructure jobs that a miner could be retrained for.
                          Nothing like being in a hole. Different.

Even still. How many roads being built? The ones that are have people doing that.

Limited supply man....

They could come here
                          Middle easterners boat guys in from all over to work construction. Movie goes past a bus every morning letting out North Koreans to build an apartment building. Tough commute though from j’town

Comment

If they want to work, the article does point out that some can be re-trained for other, physical, labor.

But here's another way of looking at them- what do they REALLY want, that is realistic? Why do they buy into this separation BS so easily?

Comment

Nothing like being in a hole. Different.

Even still. How many roads being built? The ones that are have people doing that.

Limited supply man....

They could come here
                              Middle easterners boat guys in from all over to work construction. Movie goes past a bus every morning letting out North Koreans to build an apartment building. Tough commute though from j’town
                              We have a horrid infrastructure in this country right now. I would think a new Marshall Plan centered on retraining etc. for those existing folks would do it. I hardly believe their children want to be Hole Diggers. It's a one generation fix.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                The question is- what are they fighting for? What does dump represent that they want to really continue? Do they really support in their hearts racism, sexism, and xenophobia? If they do- can it be fixed?

Or do they see that there's some kind of dismantling of government that they support for some reason? Which is odd, since that really helps nobody in this city. Sure, you can have a job, but your lifespan will be shorter due to various reasons.

It's interesting that they turn their back on the unions that have been supporting them for so many years. They are more siding with the lords/owners than their own interest.
                                Its about holding on to what you can control. If you have no job prospects or hope for a better life, what CAN you wrap your mind around? Being able to say out loud what you really think! Hence the "NFL" comment. When people have jobs, oddly enough, they don't wallow in these thoughts even if they are always under the surface. If they don't what else do they have to think about all day except for "getting even" with people who "have everything handed to them". Trump is in an odd way empowering them in the only tangible way they've probably felt in years. Make no mistake about this - that's a powerful motivator in a perverse way to get people to come out and vote for him again.

I get it. My family comes from a dead northeast textile city that started going down hill in the 1930's and has kept sinking since then. Like Johnstown most of the people with talent leave although I will say being located in a relatively wealthy state and a long but doable commute to Boston probably mitigates some of these issues better than the western PA region is able to.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X