This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Goes to show what I've been saying, which is Chump will get his 62M votes that Goopers always get because the party is a cult. Yes, one would hope the couple of million Bernie-Trump voters don't vote for him once again, however he'll make that up with white supremacist loons, KKK members, and other nutters who normally don't participate in elections but now have the friendliest candidate they've ever seen since Wallace ran.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Now, the corollary to the piece is that in 2020 when those very nice people's wages are still stagnant they'll abandon Dump for the same reason they abandoned the Democrats: all hat, no cattle. Hopefully we will have been smart enough to put up a nominee who they will enjoy coming back to.
      Read the linked article from my previous post Kep. Those people who voted for trump are not going to abandon him. They aren't smart enough. Americans are far more stupid, on average, than the average liberal believes. We can't treat people who voted for trump like they are smart enough to understand how stupid they were to vote for him, and how stupid they are to not yet have learned how dangerous he is. If the democratic party wants to win the presidency in 2020, it better figure out a way to nominate someone who can speak to all of the stupid voters out there. It's not an easy task for the average liberal. Of course we can hope the heroin crisis continues. It's killing a lot of people in trump strongholds throughout states like Ohio and PA.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        Read the linked article from my previous post Kep. Those people who voted for trump are not going to abandon him. They aren't smart enough. Americans are far more stupid, on average, than the average liberal believes. We can't treat people who voted for trump like they are smart enough to understand how stupid they were to vote for him, and how stupid they are to not yet have learned how dangerous he is. If the democratic party wants to win the presidency in 2020, it better figure out a way to nominate someone who can speak to all of the stupid voters out there. It's not an easy task for the average liberal. Of course we can hope the heroin crisis continues. It's killing a lot of people in trump strongholds throughout states like Ohio and PA.
        I don't think they're stupid. Its more like they're resigned to their fate and want to go down fighting, even though they know deep down nothing will save them.

Chump's appeal to these people is that they now get to do and say things that used to be frowned upon even by Republicans of yesteryear but are now openly embraced by Trump. Racism. Sexism. Xenophobia. You no longer have to keep that to yourself. That's his accomplishment, along with making the lives of illegal immigrants that much more difficult. I doubt anything else really matters and its a waste of time for Democrats to try to appeal to these people.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Johnstown Never Believed Trump Would Help. They Still Love Him Anyway. But hey, its Friday and that means college hockey!
          everyone else has been lying to these people for years (except for john murtha, bless his dead soul). foo -uck that guy for going and trying to make them look bad. they are as hopeless as any innercity wretched lot one could find by throwing darts at a map. by definition any politician cares about one thing, and that's themselves.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well, you definitely won't win any of them over by constantly referring to them as stupid. And that is how you win elections... win more people over to your side.

Comment

I'm not saying people aren't stupid. My god, have you met me? I'm saying that people have their "reasons" for the things they do. The people in the piece I cited had what I think is quite a legitimate reason for abandoning the Dems: they'd seen the Dems have power and they still got squat. They went to the supermarket and saw two brands of spam. They bought one and it made them sick. So the next time they went to the store they bought the other one. That's a reason. Heck, it's not even a stupid one.

Now, yes, if you want to be technical about it, the second brand of "spam" was actually poison with a MAGA hat drawn over the skull. They should have seen that. That part was stupid. But the point is, having taken home the poison, killed grandma, and being violently ill themselves, they won't be buying that again. I am suggesting that the people who make the actual spam should consider delivering a better product that doesn't make people sick.

There will always be about 35% of people who will just keep buying the poison. They are beyond help. I do not care about them. I want to help the 65% who honestly are looking for spam.

And if someday we change our political system I'm going to tell the guy to look in the vegetable aisle where the healthy food is, instead.

BTW, rec'd for the cheer for heroin. Bold choice.
              Last edited by Kepler; 11-09-2017, 10:14 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

. It's not an easy task for the average liberal. Of course we can hope the heroin crisis continues. It's killing a lot of people in trump strongholds throughout states like Ohio and PA.
                what a nasty ******* *** **** you are.. go die. quickly. thanks in advance.

Comment

Jeebus. That’s a horrible thing to say.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Wow. You don't see anything there that concerns you, ay? Nothing. How about all the war refugee's?
                    Pretty sure there's no war in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Wow. Just wow. Seriously, I know you can think. Think about it a minute. It's obvious. Kep even gave you an article on it.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        everyone else has been lying to these people for years (except for john murtha, bless his dead soul). foo -uck that guy for going and trying to make them look bad. they are as hopeless as any innercity wretched lot one could find by throwing darts at a map. by definition any politician cares about one thing, and that's themselves.
                        I posted that story yesterday because Johnstown is, in addition to where the Jets were based, my Mom's hometown. I have a lot of relatives there, only two of whom have committed suicide*. I made a pilgrimage a few years ago with Dr. Mrs. and it was quite illuminating.

Simply put, it's a sh-tkicker town. It makes West Virginia look sophisticated. It's Alabama with much worse weather and much whiter high school football. It was one helluva shock to realize I am essentially one generation removed from this:

* Not joking.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I don't think they're stupid. Its more like they're resigned to their fate and want to go down fighting, even though they know deep down nothing will save them.

Chump's appeal to these people is that they now get to do and say things that used to be frowned upon even by Republicans of yesteryear but are now openly embraced by Trump. Racism. Sexism. Xenophobia. You no longer have to keep that to yourself. That's his accomplishment, along with making the lives of illegal immigrants that much more difficult. I doubt anything else really matters and its a waste of time for Democrats to try to appeal to these people.
                          The question is- what are they fighting for? What does dump represent that they want to really continue? Do they really support in their hearts racism, sexism, and xenophobia? If they do- can it be fixed?

Or do they see that there's some kind of dismantling of government that they support for some reason? Which is odd, since that really helps nobody in this city. Sure, you can have a job, but your lifespan will be shorter due to various reasons.

It's interesting that they turn their back on the unions that have been supporting them for so many years. They are more siding with the lords/owners than their own interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I posted that story yesterday because Johnstown is, in addition to where the Jets were based, my Mom's hometown. I have a lot of relatives there, only two of whom have committed suicide*. I made a pilgrimage a few years ago with Dr. Mrs. and it was quite illuminating.

Simply put, it's a sh-tkicker town. It makes West Virginia look sophisticated. It's Alabama with much worse weather and much whiter high school football. It was one helluva shock to realize I am essentially one generation removed from this:

* Not joking.
                            It’s really been kicked in the sack. Mookie spends a lot of time there golfing. Always try and spend money when there to help them out. Difference from top of the hill to bottom is like night and day. ****ing sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              You do realize that over 50% of the island still does not have power, right? And over 20% still don't have water.

There's a town that has to ford a river every day to get out of town. Every single day.

If this continues too long, I see many people getting very upset and using force to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

* Not joking.
                                When you posted earlier that your mother was from Johnstown, I wondered whether you were a descendant of the Mellons or Carnegies or other families for whom they built that dam to create the lake, or whether you were a descendant of those left to tread water.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X