This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

I'm surprised that nobody commented on dump's request to Japan that they make cars here in the US.

He actually said that.

Is he living that far in the past? Honda has been making cars in the US for almost 40 years. About 1/2 of dump's entire pathetic life. And he's asking them to come and build cars here? Duh.

He'll probably take credit for all of the various worldwide companies putting plants here to make cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      I'm surprised that nobody commented on dump's request to Japan that they make cars here in the US.

He actually said that.

Is he living that far in the past? Honda has been making cars in the US for almost 40 years. About 1/2 of dump's entire pathetic life. And he's asking them to come and build cars here? Duh.

He'll probably take credit for all of the various worldwide companies putting plants here to make cars.
      About 3/4 of the Japanese cars sold in America are made in America.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        About 3/4 of the Japanese cars sold in America are made in America.
        Aren't they just assembled here by robots as a bullsh-t cover, after all the components have been made (probably also by robots) in slave labor countries in East Asia?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

He actually said that.

???

do you really think he was talking to them?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Aren't they just assembled here by robots as a bullsh-t cover, after all the components have been made (probably also by robots) in slave labor countries in East Asia?
            Lots of auto components are still made here. There is a factory near Bangor, Maine that builds brake components for Toyota.

My Tacoma was assembled in Baja Mexico of something like 92% north american parts (the rest are Japanese). The engine was assembled in the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

He actually said that.

My reference to the movie Gung Ho when I posted about it a day ago was not well received.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeah, there are more American parts and labor hours in a Honda than any American production car.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

He actually said that.

It was brought up a couple days ago...mention the movie Gung Ho even
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    My reference to the movie Gung Ho when I posted about it a day ago was not well received.
                    I got it...I love that film!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      ???

do you really think he was talking to them?
                      Who else would have he been talking to? He was in Japan, speaking to business leaders asking
                      “Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. That’s not too much to ask. Is that rude to ask?”
                      Seems pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Yeah, there are more American parts and labor hours in a Honda than any American production car.
                        That's why I bought one.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I must have missed that afternoon... things move fast here.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I would not go that far. Especially when factoring the billions spent on research and development. But that's ok- I'm biased working for an OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              On that note- the auto industry is one of the few that still requires a large number of humans to assemble a car. And that really does drive the economy- as wages are very good, and everyone buys a lot of stuff.

It would be nice if other industries built stuff here in the US, using a lot of labor, like the auto industry.

Comment

I know some people were talking about voting trends yesterday IRT the VA race, the trends were pretty similar to the presidential election with some shifts: https://***********/BroderickGreer/s...59972982378496

Comment

Working...
                                X