This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.23 - Wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

Trump can't even feed fish correctly ... even though he mimicked the actions of his host?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      It's so very funny when R's complain about the debt and deficit, yet ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS vote for the party that just cuts taxes. And this one is a WHOPPER of a tax cut- $1T added to the deficit. Not the debt, the DEFICIT- which means it will get added that much more every single year. With the hope that tax cuts will lead to a more robust economy.

WHEN HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED??????

Why do some of you continue to vote for these guys if you are HONESTLY worried about the deficit/debt???? I just don't understand that.

You are never going to cut your way to prosperity. Ever.
      So we need another stimulus? I don't think that worked very well either.

I bet the government will probably take any money people want to donate them beyond their tax bill.

So if both extremes don't seem to work, what's the answer? I bet it's somewhere in between.

Comment

It's so very funny when R's complain about the debt and deficit, yet ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS vote for the party that just cuts taxes. And this one is a WHOPPER of a tax cut- $1T added to the deficit. Not the debt, the DEFICIT- which means it will get added that much more every single year. With the hope that tax cuts will lead to a more robust economy.

WHEN HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED??????

Why do some of you continue to vote for these guys if you are HONESTLY worried about the deficit/debt???? I just don't understand that.

You are never going to cut your way to prosperity. Ever.
        Wait, it's the deficit? I've heard debt. But upon further review, it's $1T to the deficit over 10 years. So, it's hard to know how much that would add to the debt. Though, coverage is all over the place if you search for it. Numbers like $1.5T are being thrown out. Debt and deficit are being used interchangeably.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Wait, it's the deficit? I've heard debt. But upon further review, it's $1T to the deficit over 10 years. So, it's hard to know how much that would add to the debt. Though, coverage is all over the place if you search for it. Numbers like $1.5T are being thrown out. Debt and deficit are being used interchangeably.
          $1T over 10 years would mean $100B per year, assuming constant income levels. Fairly close to what we saw with 2003's change in rates based on longevity of incomes, where after about 3 years it was completely made up for. Then *HTF. This is why I mentioned, in my analysis of reading the bill, that I felt it'd be neutral in around the same amount of time.
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-06-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post

I bet the government will probably take any money people want to donate them beyond their tax bill.

So if both extremes don't seem to work, what's the answer? I bet it's somewhere in between.
            Know anyone who actually gives a gift to reduce the public debt? Heck, unless I missed a section, you could still write it off on your itemized deductions.

Comment

Stimulus worked fine. Only problem with it is it wasn't big enough. It's amazing how many people have amnesia over 2008. I know it's been 9 years but come on people.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't think you understand why the government did what it did. Perhaps some light reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes...eat_Depression

There is almost universal agreement that the government would have slowed or even stopped the Depression if they had acted. Be it through injection of liquidity through the banks or government spending.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Stimulus worked fine. Only problem with it is it wasn't big enough. It's amazing how many people have amnesia over 2008. I know it's been 9 years but come on people.
                  It all went to the bankers. Anyone who behaves badly and makes stupid fiscal decisions should be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I don't think you understand why the government did what it did. Perhaps some light reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes...eat_Depression

There is almost universal agreement that the government would have slowed or even stopped the Depression if they had acted. Be it through injection of liquidity through the banks or government spending.
                    Or maybe we should get rid of the centralized federal system that only benefits the 1% and is prone to all of these wild slides.

Comment

Ah yes, the gold standard is the answer

Comment

The answer is don’t break the economy through deregulation of financial institutions like dumb dumb did (as well as bubba) but if you do you’re probably gonna need a stimulus plan to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Ah yes, the gold standard is the answer
                          That was in place during the Great Depression, DuMass.

How about auditing the Fed?

Comment

Last I checked, we had a recessions instead of a depression.

Cutting means taking people OUT of the spending economy. Giving tax breaks to those who save money also takes money OUT of the spending economy.

When was the last republican presidential cycle that didn't lead to a recession? Hasn't been for a long time.

Comment

Last I checked, we had a recessions instead of a depression.

Cutting means taking people OUT of the spending economy. Giving tax breaks to those who save money also takes money OUT of the spending economy.

When was the last republican presidential cycle that didn't lead to a recession? Hasn't been for a long time.
                              When does the Fed jack up rates? When do they leave them alone? What happens when rates jack up?

This is why the Fed needs to be audited.

Comment

But that has statistical clustering written all over it. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrak...kileaks-emails

Almost as striking as the details Special Counsel Robert Mueller lays out about a Trump campaign adviser’s Russia-related communications is the conspicuous gap in the timeline offered in the recently unsealed court documents.

For more than three months, starting in March 2016, George Papadopoulos communicated regularly — on occasion, multiple times a week — with three figures who presented themselves as connected to the Russian government, according to the court filings.

But the timeline laid out in the filings by prosecutors comes to an abrupt halt on July 22, 2016.

That is the day Wikileaks began publishing the hacked Democratic National Committee emails.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X