1TB hard drive, video editing, and dvd creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1TB hard drive, video editing, and dvd creation

Got 20+ years of Maine hockey games on tape, more recently on my computer hard drive and cable DVR, and I'm running out of space, so I figured it was time to start archiving them onto dvd.

Bought some video editing software, although I got a good deal on the previous version, VideoStudio2 X2 Pro. Looks like just in time too, as they look to be all sold out now.
    VideoStudio X3 Pro

Some DVD authoring software.
    DVD Movie Factory 6

And since I'm gonna need a lot of storage space for working with video, a new 1TB hard drive.
    WD Caviar black

Figure later, I'll pick up another one of these, and stick it in this external enclosure for even more storage.
    Vantec enclosure

Edited out commercials, set up menus and chapters, and burned my first dvd the other day. The VHS tapes are gonna take a lot longer, as I'll have to transfer them into my computer in real time.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Re: 1TB hard drive, video editing, and dvd creation

You got all that hardware, and you wasted it on Maine hockey games? I kid because I care
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

At least I can burn a couple National Championships. One of those a 3-2 score, if I remember.

A bunch of semis too, one of those a 7-2 Maine win, if I recall correctly.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        At least I can burn a couple National Championships. One of those a 3-2 score, if I remember.

A bunch of semis too, one of those a 7-2 Maine win, if I recall correctly.

Wasn't there a game late in the 2001-2002 season that ended 4-3 at the Xcel Center? That was an exciting one, too!

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Wasn't there a game late in the 2001-2002 season that ended 4-3 at the Xcel Center? That was an exciting one, too!

Pio was great in that game
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
          X