X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    We might not even prevent every mass shooting.
    Well then might as well not even try mIrite!?!??

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Most importantly, once you have been convicted of a violent crime of any sort, you forfeit the right to legally possess a firearm. And yes, for those people I am talking confiscation. We already confiscate all sorts of things from people through asset forfeiture. Sometimes BEFORE they have been convicted. Violent criminals have no need to possess a firearm.
      Aren't there already laws in place that prohibit felons from possessing a gun? Also, I think there are laws in place that prohibit people convicted of domestic abuse from possessing a gun, and I'm not sure those are even felonies.

I guess I don't know how you define "violent crime" but I have to assume most of them fall under the definition of felony in most states.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Aren't there already laws in place that prohibit felons from possessing a gun? Also, I think there are laws in place that prohibit people convicted of domestic abuse from possessing a gun, and I'm not sure those are even felonies.

I guess I don't know how you define "violent crime" but I have to assume most of them fall under the definition of felony in most states.
        Violent crimes are not all felonies. Plenty of people are convicted of misdemeanor violent crimes. Some are charged with felonies initially and plead guilty to or are eventually convicted of some lessor offense. People can be convicted of assault, battery, attempted assaults or battery, stalking, menacing and other violent crimes that are misdemeanors. Some states prohibit people from concealed carry if they have convictions like these, but not the owning of firearms. Some let people with certain conviction eventually obtain concealed carry permits.

As I said, the vast majority of gun owners commit NO crimes. They also never use their weapons in a stupid or dangerous way. Why should we even consider coddling the few people in society who do have any sort of a record? Who cares if a guy who beat his wife 15 years ago can no longer posses a firearm legally? Its like Todd Bertuzzi. Would the NHL have been lessened if he had never been allowed to play again after what he did to Steve Moore? No. Just like we should not care if anyone who commits a violent crime is prevented from owning a firearm, no matter how trivial you might believe that crime to be. This seems like a no-brainer to me. And as I also posted, I'm talking confiscation as well. You don't want your 200 guns taken and melted down? Be responsible enough to never commit a crime. I have managed to go 52 years without committing one, and I'm kind of a dick.
        Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 11-09-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

We could probably get by with the laws that are on the books if we didn't starve the budgets of the police and any oversight bodies.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Police are not in any danger of being underfunded. They buy surplus military armored vehicles FFS.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

By trying to accomplish it in twenty different steps, you basically require yourself to fight, and win, a very difficult fight twenty different times.

In an ideal world gun opponents could follow the gay marriage road map. Go for a complete victory in those locations where you know you'll win, then keep expanding outward. The problem as I see it is that you're going to have to get by the Second Amendment as interpreted by the current court. That means either changing the court, considerably, or repealing the Amendment. You need 38 states. I'd start working on it now.
              Didn't someone already say if you're going to put in the effort the bolded will be as much work as doing those twenty (low estimate) baby steps.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Police are not in any danger of being underfunded. They buy surplus military armored vehicles FFS.
                The money is going to the wrong thing.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Ruh roh. Send this guy back to Rightwing Purity University, he accidentally spoke the truth.
                  Trump appointee? Clearly ignorant by definition, right?
                  In this case I'd argue "yes" because how can a DOD appointee not understand what "semi-automatic" means.

"Semi-automatic". Like one activation of the trigger produces a single round fired and advances to the next available round with no other operator action. That would be every handgun made (including revolvers) except for the Derringer*.

*A Derringer only has one round.
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-09-2017, 10:14 AM.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Air Farce (not a typo) failed to report this recent Texas cretin to NICS even after incarcerating him for a year.
                    Then the recent Texas cretin lies on his form to purchase the weapon.

The NICS process and system failed.

All the systems and processes in the world ... eventually fail.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

They should be stronger if lying gets you through.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        The money is going to the wrong thing.
                        Go on. I'm listening.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Go on. I'm listening.
                          The money needs to go into enforcement. We starve the enforcement side. We probably don't have enough money on the Court side either. I've read some articles over the years and the starve the Government philosophy has made many many laws that are on the books already worthless cause no one has any money/time to enforce them properly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Go on. I'm listening.
                            Training with a focus on de-escalation. More cops.
                            Code:

Comment

Yeah, actually finding the public defenders office would be a massive step in the right direction. But that would likely mean helping the darkies. We all know the GOP has a severe allergy to that.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                The money needs to go into enforcement. We starve the enforcement side.
                                Please define enforcement as you see it. (I'm still listening.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X