This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

The Man Who Knew Infinity. A solid cast and plot although it felt like I'd seen it once already. Still quite enjoyable and I recommend.

Comment

the midnight man

recall now why mookie doesn't care for scary movies. dumb.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Three billboards, excellent movie. Great acting throughout.

Didn't like the cover-up for the marine or intelligence operative but that was part of the point.
        In the choose your own adventure ending I'm conflicted as to what I would like to see happen. In a small way it reminded me of the soprano's "anyway you want it/don't stop believin' " ending
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Because I have a Moviepass and it was the only film that wasnt going to be annoyingly filled with kids on their "snow day" I saw Death Wish. Dont bother. Not one actor was trying...the story was awful and Eli Roth proved once again he has little to no real directing talent.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Because I have a Moviepass and it was the only film that wasnt going to be annoyingly filled with kids on their "snow day" I saw Death Wish. Dont bother. Not one actor was trying...the story was awful and Eli Roth proved once again he has little to no real directing talent.
            Did you notice if your MoviePass let you buy tickets to Red Sparrow? In lots of big markets the film was mysteriously unavailable, but there were promotions for Death Wish. Just a coincidence I'm sure. I didn't notice anything here, but I'm hardly in a prime market.

Comment

I honestly didnt look...I will see either Tomorrow or Wednesday when I see another film. (probably Shape of Water)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Eli Roth is fine if you like his uber-gore style, which is not my style. I prefer him as an actor.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Eli Roth is fine if you like his uber-gore style, which is not my style. I prefer him as an actor.
                  Cabin Fever was very good. Everything else he's directed has been awful.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Cabin Fever was very good. Everything else he's directed has been awful.
                    Pretty sure I saw it, and was meh.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Pretty sure I saw it, and was meh.
                      It's the creeping crud and the (of course) vacationing young people. Far, far better than meh.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        It's the creeping crud and the (of course) vacationing young people. Far, far better than meh.
                        I like my horror movies to be more like Halloween, Hush, even Copycat. Make me sit on pins and needles in anticipation. Suspense. Shadows. That sort of thing. (BTW, the "Hush" I'm referring to is brilliant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdSsXiEIDSA )

Comment

I like my horror movies to be more like Halloween, Hush, even Copycat. Make me sit on pins and needles in anticipation. Suspense. Shadows.
                          As do I. There was a fair amount of that in Cabin Fever. It had a nice slow build, and it had a believable premise which really helped it seep into the pores.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                          X