Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

USA up 1 going to the 10th end.

Couldn't they have tried to take out the Norway stone and taken 3?

Leave a comment:

• redheadzeb
    replied
    Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Beautiful throw by Shuster! US going up 1 on Norway to End 10.

Leave a comment:

• Farce Poobah
    replied

I wonder if the Canadian fans will break out their patented "Ovechkin Sucks" chant. It got pretty loud in Grand Forks at the 2005 WJC.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Radulov makes it 2-0.

Leave a comment:

• pardonme
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Why were the fans waving a giant German flag to support Norway? Do they think it's 1942 and they're the same country?
    I believe Germany is playing on a neighboring ice.

Leave a comment:

• redheadzeb
    replied

Russia leads Latvia 1-0.
    On CNBC now.
    Quick goal; nice pass.

In curling:
    The US is down by 1 to Norway going to End 9--they have the hammer. Canada just went up big on Deuchland going to End 8.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Why were the fans waving a giant German flag to support Norway? Do they think it's 1942 and they're the same country?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Russia leads Latvia 1-0.
    On CNBC now.

Leave a comment:

• pardonme
    replied

How did the USA score 2 on that? The second stone was outside the scoring area.
    The stones are wider in the middle than at the bottom. It was probably barely touching.

Also, the officiating in the china-finland game makes me actually feel good about both college and NHL refereeing. Its been pretty atrocious.

Leave a comment:

• redheadzeb
    replied

It seems like the 3 other curlers on team USA aren't in sync with USA's skip... I noticed it earlier, but there seems to be lots of arguing on strategy. IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That seems like something Tech would pull off in a loss
    And one of Finland's goals was actually a Chinese own-goal.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    SOG:

China 4
    Finland 31

Score? 2-1 Finland.

Go China!
    And it should be 1-1 except China scored an own-goal.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Much obliged. I kinda figured it had to do with the strength of the throw but I didn't realize the accuracy was within 1% (assuming the scale is 100%)
    I don't know for sure, but I don't think it is %. I think it is actually 2 numbers, not 86, it is 8 6. I don't know what it means other than it refers to the weight that the rocks are thrown at.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

How did the USA score 2 on that? The second stone was outside the scoring area.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    SOG:

China 4
    Finland 31

Score? 2-1 Finland.

Go China!

That seems like something Tech would pull off in a loss

Leave a comment:

Working...
X