Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I watched the video and read some of the articles and with the speed of that track and the area and the way it was designed where that accident occurred someone was out to lunch when they made that track.

Apparently there have been a number of wipe outs on that track already before this happened.
    He had crashed yesterday as well from what I heard.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

The article from ESPN talks about all the crashes and gets a comment from one of the Lugers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/w...ory?id=4909034
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This is a sad way to start the games
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I watched the video and read some of the articles and with the speed of that track and the area and the way it was designed where that accident occurred someone was out to lunch when they made that track.

Apparently there have been a number of wipe outs on that track already before this happened.
          Do you have a link to the video? I was looking for it and couldn't find it.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

They just updated the link in Scooby's post to say he died.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Do you have a link to the video? I was looking for it and couldn't find it.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhSpeu2dgKk

works now but I did see one got pulled by NBC so hurry.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I didn't need to see that

Godspeed

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  I didn't need to see that
                  Then why did you click on a video link?
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                    Then why did you click on a video link?
                    Curiosity killed the cat deal I guess... I wonder how uncommon it is for someone to leave the surface like that... This seems to just be a freakish situation...

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Link

This is from a news story, so it shouldn't be pulled. Pretty graphic.

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Yeah didn't get there fast enough.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

It's already been pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Link

This is from a news story, so it shouldn't be pulled. Pretty graphic.
                            Heh, that ones pulled too.

Comment

Heh, that ones pulled too.
                              That's crap. It wasn't the IOC broadcast, it was from a news story about the crash.

Comment

The Georgian luge athlete, Nodar Kumaritashvili, has died from injuries sustained in the crash.

Only 21 years old.

First death at the Olympics since 1964.
                                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X