Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Watching NOR/USA men's curling online...those are....interesting pants.
    They are wonderful. I wants.

*****http://i45.tinypic.com/2qcp006.jpg******
    Last edited by state of hockey; 02-16-2010, 09:19 PM.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

I don't get how china-finland women's hockey beats out USA curling.

Comment

Originally posted by pardonme View Post
        I don't get how china-finland women's hockey beats out USA curling.
        NBC blows I can't say that enough it seems.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Can

While I also would have questioned the randomness of chn-fin over us curling, this has been a very interesting game. China is putting up one hell of a fight.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You know what this online coverage needs? A frickin commentator to tell me what's going on and explain strategy.

Comment

You know what this online coverage needs? A frickin commentator to tell me what's going on and explain strategy.
              I think it probably would've been good if when he said "I can make this shot" that he actually made the shot.

Comment

THe fewer the commentators the better with this network. When Erik Johnson is spelled with a "T" you know you're in trouble...
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Can

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  While I also would have questioned the randomness of chn-fin over us curling, this has been a very interesting game. China is putting up one hell of a fight.
                  They are indeed. 1-0 China after one.

Comment

I like the curling on-line w.out commentary (for now). Bonus is that this allows the wife to watch figureskating on TV, while I watch curling on my laptop
                    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Shhh. Otherwise you'll get a commentator that will act as if EVERYONE is new to the sport, and explain basics without discussing strategy.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Let me know if this isn't something I should post here, but I would really like to get some more people in my Olympic hockey pool before our deadline tomorrow at 5. Here are the details if you're interested:

2010 Olympic Hockey Pool

$20

1st place: 70% of cash collected*
                        2ns place: 30% of cash collected*
                        ($21 will be taken out of total cash collected to cover website fee)

Deadline: Wednesday, February 17, 5:00pm
                        (Teams that have not paid by February 27 (the medal round) will be disqualified)

Registration link:

http://www.armchairpools.com/corpora...s2010/register

You can pay jz1287@gmail.com via Paypal. If you are really averse to Paypal for some reason, e-mail me (jz1287@gmail.com), and I will give you my address so that you can send a check. If you are someone that knows you will see me, you can pay me in person.
                        It's BU's Beanpot

Comment

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/2/16/13...te-them-for-it

So true.

Edit: Best line is in the comments.
                          Put figure skating on its own **** channel. The people who want to watch it for the most part don’t give a **** about the real Olympics anyway. Leave the rest of us in peace to enjoy real sports that don’t involve clown costumes and major screwups every 2.5 minutes.
                          Last edited by bronconick; 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Finland ties it on an own-goal.

Comment

China outscoring Finland 2-0, but it is 1-1.

Comment

Finns getting a little chippy with checking.

Comment

Working...
                                X