Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Hat trick for Iginla 8-0
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Hat trick for Iginla 8-0
      He's playing as though the opposition are the Minnesota Wild and the venue is the Saddledome.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Also, the time usually counts up, but methinks NBC just switched it for us dumb North Americans.
        I figured the same thing. And honestly, it was kind of funny, when I caught the first bit of the women's games earlier this week i saw 18:xx something and though the period was almost over.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just by looking at it, it seems as though they moved the blue lines back to increase the size of the neutral zone. I could be imagining things though.

Comment

It occurred to me now talking to a buddy of mine that the US men's team is really set up well to make a serious run next year.

Erik Johnson
            Jack Johnson
            Backes
            Kane
            Kessel
            Parise

All are 26 or younger. Plus they've got guys coming up like Okposo, Schroeder, and a bunch of others (teams not named minnesota don't matter anyways )
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              They also have some NHL rules, like getting a penalty for launching it over the glass from your defensive zone.

These aren't rules, but differences. The refs kept the red arm bands. They announce both 1:00 remaining AND 2:00 remaining in a period. The goal judges wear stripes. Also, the time usually counts up, but methinks NBC just switched it for us dumb North Americans.
              They're going with the North American count-down clock for the games this time. But I did notice that the goals are based on the 60-minute clock when they are recorded. That is, instead of a goal scored at the 10:00 mark of the second period, it's actually recorded as 30:00.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                It occurred to me now talking to a buddy of mine that the US men's team is really set up well to make a serious run next year.

Erik Johnson
                Jack Johnson
                Backes
                Kane
                Kessel
                Parise

All are 26 or younger. Plus they've got guys coming up like Okposo, Schroeder, and a bunch of others (teams not named minnesota don't matter anyways )
                Next year or next Olympics?

This article is interesting: Canada shaming itself at stormy Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

D'oh... Yes, I meant next olympics... Good catch.
                  Code:

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when they changed ends midway through the third. A throwback to when the games were played outdoors.
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Next on CNBC: Women's hockey...China vs. Finland.

This should be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Eh, Jay Marriotti is and always will be a rancid tool. He apparently has ignored whats been going on in Canada for the past oh 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Next on CNBC: Women's hockey...China vs. Finland.

This should be entertaining.
                          When does Russia v. Latvia happen? Nevermind. 11:00 Central. Crap.

Comment

I think Canada is doing a fine job outside of the issues with the ice in various venues.

NBC on the other hand is embarrassing itself.
                            Code:

Comment

General rule of thumb:

If they appear on "Around the Horn", they are tools.

Comment

Watching NOR/USA men's curling online...those are....interesting pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X