Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Now that would be entertaining.
    Milbury would wipe the floor with JR

Tic - tac - toe and it's 6-zip!
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Some Canadian, 6-0.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
        The floodgates have opened.

There's the blowout we were all expecting...
        10?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I still want Heatley to wear one of these some day, just because it would be an awesome sweater to have. It will never happen, though.

*****http://i46.tinypic.com/n2o9oo.jpg******

Comment

Do they play no-touch icing, or was that just an early whistle?
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Heatley loves international play.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                Do they play no-touch icing, or was that just an early whistle?
                No-touch icing.

Comment

And the extra point is good. 7-0

Comment

Jacobellis.

Comment

And NBC finally shows it.

That's epic failure for her.

Comment

I think international rules pretty much mimic college rules (from no-touch icing to contact to the head, etc.)

Someone smarter than I, are there any major differences between the rules?

No touch and contact to the head are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I think international rules pretty much mimic college rules (from no-touch icing to contact to the head, etc.)

No touch and contact to the head are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
                          They crack down very harshly on fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            They crack down very harshly on fighting.
                            Automatic DQ I believe, right?
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

They also have some NHL rules, like getting a penalty for launching it over the glass from your defensive zone.

These aren't rules, but differences. The refs kept the red arm bands. They announce both 1:00 remaining AND 2:00 remaining in a period. The goal judges wear stripes. Also, the time usually counts up, but methinks NBC just switched it for us dumb North Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                                Automatic DQ I believe, right?
                                5-minute major and a game DQ, OR a 5-minute major and a match penalty (meaning you also miss the next game).

Comment

Working...
                                X