Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
    I didn't the Russians of all countries were this bad.
    I feel bad for them. This is nuts.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: The Official Thread of the Run-Up to the XXI Olympic Winter Games, Vancouver, Canada

I wonder if checking was allowed in woman's hockey other teams would catch up to the US & Canada more quickly or if it would make it worse?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I feel bad for them. This is nuts.
        They'll have a chance for redemption against China. It will likely be unwatchable though.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          I wonder if checking was allowed in woman's hockey other teams would catch up to the US & Canada more quickly or if it would make it worse?
          I think the American and Canadian gals are just as big as the other countries. I don't think it would matter.

So, on the men's side I assume the pressure on Canada for Gold in hockey has to be bigger than it was at Juniors? How sweet it would be for the Americans to get 3, Juniors and Women's and Men's Olympics?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Is there a mercy rule?

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
              They'll have a chance for redemption against China. It will likely be unwatchable though.
              I will be cheering for China simply because of the gawdawful coat the Russian coach wears.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Can they just call it a game after two, or do they have to play the third period?

Comment

12-goose egg after 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I think the American and Canadian gals are just as big as the other countries. I don't think it would matter.

So, on the men's side I assume the pressure on Canada for Gold in hockey has to be bigger than it was at Juniors? How sweet it would be for the Americans to get 3, Juniors and Women's and Men's Olympics?
                    The canadian suicide rate would go up 800%.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      The canadian suicide rate would go up 800%.
                      It would have to. They even have the NHL size rink advantage this year.

Comment

I remember when Krissy Wendell and Darwitz played for the U (and Lindsey Wall) and they were playing SCSU and the Husky Women had a 5x3 and I called the SHG. The Huskies barely touched the puck the entire time and the Gopher women had like 3 quality chances and a goal.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Russia just can't stay out of the box.
                          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

13-0.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Keeping it perfect on the PP. 13-0.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Keeping it perfect on the PP. 13-0.
                                They actually didn't score on one of their PPs. I think they're 8-9 right now.
                                sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                                streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                                TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Working...
                                X