Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Oh, boy.

A couple months ago, I got another of those annoying deep zits on my nose that I get from time to time. This one got really infected, though, and wouldn’t go away. Being busy with travel and work and babies (2 under 2), I made it to urgent care for some antibiotics a couple times, but couldn’t get in with a dermatologist until today. He took one look and said, “that’s no infection.” So whatever that thing that grew from nothing to a nickel size in 8 weeks is off at the pathology lab.

Fingers crossed....
    Whew.

8 weeks, 4 biopsies, 2 dermatologists, 2 oncologists, and one cancer center later, they concluded that it was......a “normal” immune system overreaction to an infection. They all seemed quite surprised - they really thought it was going to be a cutaneous lymphoma.

All in all, not a terrible first experience with the health care system, but man am I glad I have great insurance.

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied
    Re: The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

I'm still broken.

I had dry needling (neck) today and it was very... challenging. Painful. Sometimes I pass out when they draw blood (but not if I lie down), so I thought it'd be OK, since I would be lying down... ugh. I didn't pass out, but I came close. But I'm sticking (ha ha!) with it, because I think it will be helpful in the long run. Anyone had it done?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

At least I'm getting a bone stimulator to help with my foot, and I'm not paying a dime out of pocket for it. Tomorrow, a representative will meet me and show me how to use it.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Another thing that's upsetting me about my foot is it's greatly impacting my job search. I was briefly employed as a Behavior Technician, but that didn't work out, and I was set to take a temp job in a factory to just get some income in. Now my surgeon wants me in a job where I'm sitting down. He didn't say no to factory work, but let's just say a sit down job would be highly encouraged.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

This should be called the I am broken thread.
    Dislocated my midfoot Labor Day of 2017. Still have days when it feels like it shifts out of place. Trying to walk and making it out most days but there are some days my body objects. Trying to think of it as doing better than nothing is better than nothing. Lil les (who ain't little anymore) runs 10-15 miles a day. I am happy to walk 2.5 miles and know I will ache after.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X