Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm afraid I have a terminal case of life
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Back is very much on the mend.

Now I ****ed up my hip. Likely because of exertion and strain from using other muscles for the back. This feels like a fcucked up hip labrum. I messed mine up almost 8 years ago to the day. Healed after a couple weeks. Excruciating to bend over, sit down, or stand up.
      My SIL played hockey for Bowdoin. Apparently, and I only learned this via her need for surgery, that when women play hockey, the leg and hip positioning during the game can cause XYZ thing that then leads to a tearing of one or both of their hip labrum. She’s now in discussion about a hip replacement for her right hip joint because the labrum repair surgery only lasts so long.

I’m in a similar situation for my left shoulder, only my timeline is longer before eventually replacing it.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Kind of wondering if I'm going to be in the same boat eventually. I did something to it eight years ago. Not entirely sure but I have always suspected it was when I took a swing at a bouncing soccer ball and missed during warmups. A day later I was very sore. Eventually hurt to sit.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Sounds like you might have the Creeping Olds, dx.
          When I went in to have a hip checked, after the x-ray, the doctor came in and with a very serious tone said, “it seems like a classic case of TMB.” I fell for it, and obligingly asked, “What’s TMB?”

”Too many birthdays.”

****er.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            When I went in to have a hip checked, after the x-ray, the doctor came in and with a very serious tone said, “it seems like a classic case of TMB.” I fell for it, and obligingly asked, “What’s TMB?”

”Too many birthdays.”

****er.
            that's funny

Comment

• I recently has the worst stomach infection ever. Had to puke for two days in a row. Couldn't eat anything or even drink.
              Luckily by the end of second day i received my medication from canadian pharmacy and could sleep finally as the puking stopped.
              Next day i also felt much better, but still have no idea what was that and where did i get it.
              Last edited by anygreen; 03-21-2023, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by anygreen View Post

so sorry about it.
                Uh I'm not. God it's great to be sentient.

Sorry man.
                Code:

Comment

• Norovirus blows.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• From both ends!
                    Code:

Comment

• On Monday my FIL was notified that a 33yo man passed away. He was marked as an organ donor and his family honored his wishes. That last but there may be the most important part.

At this moment, my FIL is being prepped for surgery. He was second on the list, and we almost all happen to have 2 kidneys. Either tonight or early tomorrow, my father will be in recovery from his surgery, assuming all goes well.

The surgery would’ve happened sooner, but it took time to match recipients for all possible organs.

ETA: I’m just hoping this doesn’t happen.
                      https://youtu.be/ojLaDsUTn5I
                      Last edited by St. Clown; 03-09-2023, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Another good friend of mine has been diagnosed with Cancer. This time the prostate variety.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Dad's heart is at 11% functioning capacity right now.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I'm sorry scoob. Sending good thoughts your way.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I'm sorry scoob. Sending good thoughts your way.
                              Congestive Heart Failure. I do not recommend it.

Comment

• All my best wishes and thoughts, Scoob.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X