Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I'm 37 and I haven't had a cavity. Still haven't broken a bone either. Never been to a ho.. wait, there was the time my brother hit me with 2x2. Can't remember if we went to the hospital for stitches or a clinic.
    We’re you raised in a padded cage? WT F was wrong with you that you didn’t break a bone or require a hospital trip growing up?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      We’re you raised in a padded cage? WT F was wrong with you that you didn’t break a bone or require a hospital trip growing up?
      The thing with me is I was free range and looking back there are at least 20 times when I had no business not breaking a bone if not my neck. My special power isn't health, it's like Teela Brown's luck.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Had a colonoscopy yesterday, don't remember anything but the clean out which is never fun. Any of you hitting 45 or 50 yrs old, don't shy away from getting it done.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          by all rights I should have several times. I fell off on of those 15' high playground platforms and made it out with a sprained wrist.

I slipped climbing a tree about 20-25' up but ended up grabbing the trunk and rode it nearly to the ground. My entire chest was scraped to ****, bloodied, and my shirt was shredded.

I've always hated hospitals since I was very young. My mom has stage 4 breast cancer and we spent a lot of time there. She's still kicking 35+ years later!
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Had a colonoscopy yesterday, don't remember anything but the clean out which is never fun. Any of you hitting 45 or 50 yrs old, don't shy away from getting it done.
            The worst thing about the colonscopy is that vile substance that makes you sh-t clear. The procedure itself is just a trip to Fentanyl Heaven. I think it may catch on.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The worst thing about the colonscopy is that vile substance that makes you sh-t clear. The procedure itself is just a trip to Fentanyl Heaven. I think it may catch on.
              As someone for whom a colonoscopy detected colon cancer in its very early stages two years ago, I can say take that little ride to heaven.

Comment

Not sure if you saw this:

https://***********/VancityReynolds/...pG5YBHiNkoHR7A

Edutainment at its finest. Also, I did not know that the age to start screening had dropped 45. It was 50 when I got mine. I was hoping that in the 10 year span between tests they could come up with a better tasting drink but alas, I don't think that happened.

Comment

• Date rape drug was given to me, I was talking and then I woke up in recovery
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Date rape drug was given to me, I was talking and then I woke up in recovery
                    Interesting. Not me. I went slooooooooowly into an ecstatic torpor, and I remember all of it. It was better than first drunk or first orgasm pleasure. It was first time reading Kant pleasure.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Not sure if you saw this:

https://***********/VancityReynolds/...pG5YBHiNkoHR7A

Edutainment at its finest. Also, I did not know that the age to start screening had dropped 45. It was 50 when I got mine. I was hoping that in the 10 year span between tests they could come up with a better tasting drink but alas, I don't think that happened.
                      Ask your doctor about the Cologuard test. Non-invasive. It's only "good" for 3 years and not for people at higher risk for CRC, however for those of us generally healthy and not in a high risk category, it's a good alternative.

I also built the direct interface to Exact Sciences last winter and recently had a "handoff" call to our new support folks, so it's pretty fresh on my mind.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Interesting. Not me. I went slooooooooowly into an ecstatic torpor, and I remember all of it. It was better than first drunk or first orgasm pleasure. It was first time reading Kant pleasure.
                        I guess the first time I read Kant I had neither pen*s nor brain.

We really don't change much, come to think of it.
                        Last edited by burd; 11-02-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I've been mixing my solution with lemon-lime Gatorade. Never given Fentanyl, always Propofol.

Shoulda said 'adding' Gatorade.
                          Last edited by SonofSouthie; 11-02-2022, 06:29 PM.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            I've been mixing my solution with lemon-lime Gatorade. Never given Fentanyl, always Propofol.

Shoulda said 'adding' Gatorade.
                            I remember one time my dad was going through that, and was told clear liquids only. So he added vodka.

Far as I remember it still worked out.

Comment

• Was moving a small coffee table in the basement so we could start setting up the basement Christmas tree. Tweaked my lower back real good. Can't bend forward anymore. Ugh.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Ouch!!
                                Ice is your friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X