Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realizing my mental health, especially ADHD (or autism), means I struggle with daily living stuff/things I need to do to survive. My friends can't help and it's unfair of me to ask them.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• When I have a cold or flu, I treat myself and never go to the doctors. Only when something hearty, such as loss of appetite (although in such cases, I often look for a way out on Canadian pharmacy ), sore throat, hearing loss, and so on. Sometimes I don’t always trust doctors because my sister was prescribed a lot of diagnoses which it turned out doesn’t have. So I think that if you already check with doctors, you should already turn to several
      Last edited by jjuliajul11; 11-20-2021, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• ADHD test in a couple weeks.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• ADHD Assessment:

The computer portion was today and the results revealed I have ADHD to the extreme, including really high inattentiveness scores.

Explains so much, including career and relationship instability.

Comment

• My friends baby went down for a nap this week and never woke up.

looks like SIDS but they aren’t likely to ever know.

Comment

• Jesus. That’s awful.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I feel good at 68 and consider myself in good health, but doctors have saved me from cancer 3 times and had my heart stop for minute and a half on the table before they brought me back. Last fall my hearing went from moderate loss to absolute stone deafness in about a month (very strange experience), and I will get cochlear implants this spring to restore a substantial amount of hearing. In the natural world I'd be a straggler, and the local predators would have taken me down by now. Medical science is indeed amazing. And I realize that is a problem in its own way.

Edit: That seems an insensitive post after reading DGF's. I can think of nothing more painful than losing a child.
                Last edited by burd; 02-05-2022, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I feel good at 68 and consider myself in good health, but doctors have saved me from cancer 3 times and had my heart stop for minute and a half on the table before they brought me back. Last fall my hearing went from moderate loss to absolute stone deafness in about a month (very strange experience), and I will get cochlear implants this spring to restore a substantial amount of hearing. In the natural world I'd be a straggler, and the local predators would have taken me down by now. Medical science is indeed amazing. And I realize that is a problem in its own way.

Edit: That seems an insensitive post after reading DGF's. I can think of nothing more painful than losing a child.
                  I had an ER physician tell me once that the job of a physician was to argue with Darwin
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

• Ha. That's pretty good.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      My friends baby went down for a nap this week and never woke up.

Absolutely devastating.
                      My condolences to that family.

But please, have them investigate the cause.
                      If there's something preventable (genetics, environmental, allergen) please find out so they don't suffer this type of loss again.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

My friends baby went down for a nap this week and never woke up.

Oh, I'm so sorry. That's awful.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Jesus, that's awful.

A similar thing happened to a close friend's 3 month old, probably 4-5 years ago. Suddenly started siezing. They discovered that part of his lower intestine never developed fully. It necrotized, turned him septic, and he was effectively dead within a few hours. Life support kept him technically alive for a few days, but he had no chance of recovery and they pulled the plug.

The tiny casket at the wake was the worst thing I've ever seen.
                          Last edited by Swansong; 02-07-2022, 12:21 PM.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Absolutely devastating.
                            My condolences to that family.

But please, have them investigate the cause.
                            If there's something preventable (genetics, environmental, allergen) please find out so they don't suffer this type of loss again.
                            Yeah, they’re looking. I had another friend this happened to years ago and despite the medical investigation, no clear answer ever came.

nothing makes the family feel any better, I guess? No way to feel good here

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              Jesus, that's awful.

A similar thing happened to a close friend's 3 month old, probably 4-5 years ago. Suddenly started siezing. They discovered that part of his lower intestine never developed fully. It necrotized, turned him septic, and he was effectively dead within a few hours. Life support kept him technically alive for a few days, but he had no chance of recovery and they pulled the plug.

The tiny casket at the wake was the worst thing I've ever seen.
                              Not to make this about me, but I’m shook thinking about seeing a tiny casket this week. Never want to

Christ my phone suggests a casket gif when I type this

Comment

Not to make this about me, but I’m shook thinking about seeing a tiny casket this week. Never want to

Christ my phone suggests a casket gif when I type this
                                Actually facing death certainly changes perspective on things doesn't it? Even the light hearted and mundane.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X