Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend visits the oncologist on Friday of this week. We'll know more then.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Taking my Latuda last night: great.
      Taking the entire 40 mg tablet instead of half as prescribed: Wow, everyone is SO PRETTY today.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I hope you're joking.... :-/
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I hope you're joking.... :-/
          It is. Taking the full 40 instead of the 20 mellowed me out a little more than I wanted.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• So they teach CPR now with a target of 100-120 compressions per minute; they say use the Bee Gees' "Staying Alive" as the metronome.

Other songs that meet that criteria?

Highway to Hell - AC/DC
            Bye Bye Bye - N'sync
            Heartbreaker - Mariah Carey featuring Jay Z
            Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
            Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin
            It's My Life - Bon Jovi
            Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
            Tearin' Up My Heart - N'sync
            Lets Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
            I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

So, any of those will do when you are ... Gettin' Jiggy Wit It (and Will Smith's tune works too).

https://www.firstresponse-ed.com/blo...cpr-song-list/
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

It is. Taking the full 40 instead of the 20 mellowed me out a little more than I wanted.
              And I am actually on the 40 of Latuda now, having gotten used to 20.

At least I have been consistent back on my meds. Not two days of good followed by a day of awfulness.

Comment

• Mentioning meds, how many meds are most folks on?

I get glazed over confused looks from dentists, and optometrists, and nurses, when they ask the "what prescription meds you on" question and I respond "none, just a daily multivitamin, a vitamin D supplement, and krill oil, oh and I'll pop a zinc gummy a couple times a week". Is "no script meds" that unusual?

PS - My answer to the "allergies" question is "hard work".
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• And I'm not here for medicine shaming.

Comment

• Shaming? No.

I just don't understand why these people are always surprised at my "none" answer. The looks I get make me feel like I should feel guilty for saying "none".

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Shaming? No.

I just don't understand why these people are always surprised at my "none" answer. The looks I get make me feel like I should feel guilty for saying "none".
                      They increasingly push statins and beta blockers on anyone with a family history of long-term issues with cholesterol or BP (I used to work with a twenty-something guy who was already on BP meds), so given how prevalent cholesterol and BP issues are in America they're probably surprised that you aren't on at least one of those classes of drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

They increasingly push statins and beta blockers on anyone with a family history of long-term issues with cholesterol or BP (I used to work with a twenty-something guy who was already on BP meds), so given how prevalent cholesterol and BP issues are in America they're probably surprised that you aren't on at least one of those classes of drugs.
                        I caught a break on cholesterol. I got dad's, not mom's.

BP has been like a bad pair of undapantz over the last decade -- keeps slowly creeping up on me.

So you're saying my day is coming, but not quite yet.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Antidepressants, anti-androgen, and Estradiol and Progesterone in pill form.

If only I hadn't given myself arthritis and aged myself so quickly by doing so much in endurance so quickly. I have more miles under my heels than I care to admit.

Comment

• Friends Pet Scan was clean. Has a lumbar puncture coming and a bone marrow test coming (sorry if I got these things wrong). Basically testing everything looking for spread. Since the Pet Scan was clean the hope and thoughts right now are the cancer is just Stage 1. They'll do a full chemo and then radiation at the end for treatment to clear out any "micro" that may exist and hopefully he'll be cancer free at the end and back to a normal life by next Spring.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Friends Pet Scan was clean. Has a lumbar puncture coming and a bone marrow test coming (sorry if I got these things wrong). Basically testing everything looking for spread. Since the Pet Scan was clean the hope and thoughts right now are the cancer is just Stage 1. They'll do a full chemo and then radiation at the end for treatment to clear out any "micro" that may exist and hopefully he'll be cancer free at the end and back to a normal life by next Spring.
                              This sounds like cautiously optimistic news!
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• My goodness, we live in an amazing time and place. Despite my feelings of disdain for profiteering Big Health and for 90% of the service providers I've had (no, buddy, I will not kiss your ring), medical science is ****ing amazing.

I've had recurring hip pain (just a couple times a year, generally ignorable and/or manageable OTC) for the last 8 years* or so. It flared up again this weekend and instead of getting gradually better, it was getting worse. I could barely get in and out of my car yesterday, so I sucked it up and went to the doctor. One X-ray later, they identified some evidence of arthritis in the hip and sent me home with a prescription for Prednisone.

Two pills into a 21-pill regime, and the pain is 80% gone. I couldn't imagine even getting down on the floor to play with my kids yesterday, and today I feel like I can conquer the world. ****in-A.

*funny aside: when this first happened 8 years ago, I did go see a doctor, but by the time I got in for my appointment, it was already 90% better. After asking some questions and manipulating the joint, the doctor said, "It seems like a classic case of TMB." I provided the obligatory, "What's TMB?" to which he replied "Too Many Birthdays."

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X