Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I’d rather run a marathon than get the flu again.
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I came down with the flu about a week or so before I was scheduled to get the shot through my employer's program had a mass-vaccination effort scheduled for employees. That was a tough few weeks.
    I put a marathoner in the ICU once with flu. Excellent shape, good nutrition, no comorbidities. Just BAD flu. When I was still working she would call every July looking for the first appointment we had to get the flu shot

Comment

Been awhile since the last entry. Nice to see everyone is feeling well. Came across this colour(UK)test that only 1% of people can pass. I got 60%.

https://www.lenstore.co.uk/vc/colour...he-beholder/#/

These are the top ten countries with the best color perception, according to the test's results.:
      Cyprus: 66.0%
      South Africa: 65.0%
      United States: 61.7%
      Bulgaria: 60.0%
      Germany: 58.8%
      Australia: 57.5%
      Poland: 56.7%
      France/Portugal: 56%
      Zimbabwe: 53.3%
      Spain: 51.5%
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Been awhile since the last entry. Nice to see everyone is feeling well. Came across this colour(UK)test that only 1% of people can pass. I got 60%.

https://www.lenstore.co.uk/vc/colour...he-beholder/#/

These are the top ten countries with the best color perception, according to the test's results.:
        Cyprus: 66.0%
        South Africa: 65.0%
        United States: 61.7%
        Bulgaria: 60.0%
        Germany: 58.8%
        Australia: 57.5%
        Poland: 56.7%
        France/Portugal: 56%
        Zimbabwe: 53.3%
        Spain: 51.5%

I just got a 90% and I screwed up the one I got wrong, could have had 100%

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I just got a 90% and I screwed up the one I got wrong, could have had 100%
          I only got 7.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mookie has trouble with red hues.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Doing my best to cope with bone spurs in my right ankle and arthritis in the same foot.

I thought "Arthur" was an old person's malady. I was sadly mistaken.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

You can get gout at pretty much any age. IIRC, it's the most common form of arthritis.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  You can get gout at pretty much any age. IIRC, it's the most common form of arthritis.
                  Yes. I have learned this. And I have this sense that I did it to myself.

So I'm on running hiatus until I get insoles.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Well, gout is usually aggravated by diet choices, particularly over-consumption of alcohol and meat/seafood, and being obese.

Sounds like what you have may have been from all your years of running on hard pavement and in improper footwear. That's why my dad needed hip replacements.

Comment

Well, gout is usually aggravated by diet choices, particularly over-consumption of alcohol and meat/seafood, and being obese.

Sounds like what you have may have been from all your years of running on hard pavement and in improper footwear. That's why my dad needed hip replacements.
                      Actually it is not obese- it is rapid loss of wt that is more at risk and also being female.

Comment

Well, gout is usually aggravated by diet choices, particularly over-consumption of alcohol and meat/seafood,..
                        a.k.a. rich man's disease
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          a.k.a. rich man's disease
                          It was rumored that Kim Jong Un had it a few years ago when he disappeared from public for awhile. Too much imported wine and cheese.

Comment

Not even that. It's lack of Vitamin "R." Rest wasn't a part of the equation for so long... and I am paying for it now.

Either way, the orthotics are in.

Comment

And ****, do they make a difference. Started running again on Wednesday, and nothing hurts as much. Still testing out for marathons and stuff, but it feels good to go.

Comment

Perhaps Kep is right, and we're really not far off from viable and easily reversible male birth control.

Comment

Working...
                                X