Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wait what?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • Talking with my lawyer regarding my slip and fall in work, he said they're paying your medical bills and you're getting a tax free work comp check every week. The only thing I could possibly get after all is said and done is a disability check.

      Employers must have gotten every lobbyist in the state to hound the legislature.
      A bad cause requires many words.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Talking with my lawyer regarding my slip and fall in work, he said they're paying your medical bills and you're getting a tax free work comp check every week. The only thing I could possibly get after all is said and done is a disability check.

        Employers must have gotten every lobbyist in the state to hound the legislature.
        What caused the slip and fall? You may be able to work in a 3d party there somehow.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

          What caused the slip and fall? You may be able to work in a 3d party there somehow.
          Hydraulic fluid. I worked in an automotive shop as a service writer and was walking out in the shop to look for a mechanic(he worked in the back). I didn't see him there so I started to head back to the office, another mechanic was coming the same way I had just walked to the back, and gentleman that I am took 1 step to the right to let him go by and went down like a ton of bricks landing directly on my hip. Hyd fluid is clear and I didn't notice any on the floor going out and I sure as hell didn't notice any on the way back.
          A bad cause requires many words.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Talking with my lawyer regarding my slip and fall in work, he said they're paying your medical bills and you're getting a tax free work comp check every week. The only thing I could possibly get after all is said and done is a disability check.

            Employers must have gotten every lobbyist in the state to hound the legislature.
            Workers compensation laws are actually a pretty good compromise for employees. Without them, injured employees would have to prove negligence on the part of the employer, a very difficult and awkward task, given the large disparity in power and the obvious problems related to continuing employment. Most, if not all, state WC statutes do not require the employee to prove any negligence, just that they were injured during the course of their employment. WC laws might only pay 2/3 of the previous wage, but they are not taxed, and the employer is on the hook for past and future medical treatments. In addition, attorney's fees are limited. In Wisconsin, the first state with a workers compensation law, atty's fees are limited to 20 percent, another effort to benefit the employee. It's a pretty fair deal for employees.

            Now, do WC insurance companies try to f*ck the employee by claiming the injury either was not work-related or was only temporary? Absolutely, but that would be a problem pre-WC statutes anyway.
            Last edited by burd; 02-24-2024, 07:08 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Just found out today Massachusetts passed a law in 2016 that you can't sue your employer for pain and suffering unless there's a 3rd party involved in your injury, like a contractor.
              I mean, that's fairly standard for worker's comp. It's the tradeoff for them covering all work-related injuries.

              Comment


              • My Left Hip. A role Day-Lewis would want nothing to do with. Other than the 2 week hospital stay after surgery(had a panic attack for the first time, and the feeling of one coming on a few times)everything had been going well, until this past Tuesday. Was at PT and towards to end of the session I had felt a pain I hadn't before. Went home and did my usual routine(pretty much nothing)and went out for a walk Wed morning. 5 minutes into the walk the pain became pretty much unbearable and the 5 minute walk out took almost 10 minutes back home.
                Went to ER yesterday(same hospital where I had my surgery done, and after imaging and ortho consults they found that the titanium rod they put into my femur had broken at the top due to insufficient bone growth. So, another round of surgery this time for an implant. *last name* luck rears it's ugly head again.
                A bad cause requires many words.

                Comment


                • Yikes - ow! That's not good. How does a titanium rod break?

                  I had minor surgery on My Left Foot - again - back in late November. I had a tailor bunionette (outside edge of the foot) removed. They didn't have to break the bone, they shaved it down. It's been more than three months and it's been super sore, more so than when I had other surgeries that require breaking bones and setting with screws. I couldn't tell if there was a bone spur, or if the bone had somehow broken on its own. I said "I don't know what you did or didn't do or what I did or didn't do but this is more painful now than what it was when I came to you to have the surgery. Took an x-ray, there was nothing. It was just still swollen around the bone and my baby toe. He gave me three shots of cortisone, then bent the hell out of it. He told me to soak it every night in hot water for five minutes, then bend it on my own and then come to see him in a couple of weeks. I have noticed some progress so that's good. I think it's still going to take some time before I can walk barefoot though.

                  Comment


                  • My god folks, that's all miserable. I hope you bouth recover fully and quickly.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Yikes - ow! That's not good. How does a titanium rod break?

                      I had minor surgery on My Left Foot - again - back in late November. I had a tailor bunionette (outside edge of the foot) removed. They didn't have to break the bone, they shaved it down. It's been more than three months and it's been super sore, more so than when I had other surgeries that require breaking bones and setting with screws. I couldn't tell if there was a bone spur, or if the bone had somehow broken on its own. I said "I don't know what you did or didn't do or what I did or didn't do but this is more painful now than what it was when I came to you to have the surgery. Took an x-ray, there was nothing. It was just still swollen around the bone and my baby toe. He gave me three shots of cortisone, then bent the hell out of it. He told me to soak it every night in hot water for five minutes, then bend it on my own and then come to see him in a couple of weeks. I have noticed some progress so that's good. I think it's still going to take some time before I can walk barefoot though.
                      Tell you the truth I don't have the faintest idea. When a member of my surgeon's team came in and told me what happened I asked surgery?, and she said yes. After that my brain went numb. I go to see the other surgeon that's going to do the implant on Wed and I'll ask him.
                      Hope your foot gets better.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

                      Comment


                      • I'm sorry to hear that Southie

                        Hopefully the recovery is speedy.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I'm sorry to hear that Southie

                          Hopefully the recovery is speedy.
                          Thx.
                          Mentally and physically. I am not in a good frame of mind.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

                          Comment


                          • Glad to hear it. We're pulling for you.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                            Comment


                            • Consult today. First thing I asked about was the titanium rod breaking. He said they're flexible and if weight is put on it it'll break. No date has been set yet for surgery. Doctor's findings has to be sent to a utilization review for their ok(should be just a formality).
                              A bad cause requires many words.

                              Comment


                              • Surgery tomorrow; or should I say re-surgery. On the table at 7:15am. Getting too old for this sh*t.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X