Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you are seeing - and listening to! - your cardiologist!
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      I hope you are seeing - and listening to! - your cardiologist!
      Dad has been seeing one for a while. It's probably his drinking more than anything that has exacerbated and hastened his demise. That's never going to change. Going to see him on Thursday and hope he's still around the 15th for the entire family.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• So Hy-Vee hasn't been able to get a medication I take for about 30 days. Called around, found it at the target closest to me. $140 a month cheaper.

Jesus.

last time I shopped around, there was a grand total of $0.50 difference between the highest-priced pharmacy and the lowest.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          So Hy-Vee hasn't been able to get a medication I take for about 30 days. Called around, found it at the target closest to me. $140 a month cheaper.

Jesus.

last time I shopped around, there was a grand total of $0.50 difference between the highest-priced pharmacy and the lowest.
          Sadly not surprised. This has been true for yrs. I left practice 7 yrs ago. I had a patient who saved 160$ a month in copays after I sent him to a different pharmacy. The insurance co was connected to a pharmacy that charged him a copay that was larger than the cost of the med. had huge copays and had higher costs for meds not covered. The insurance co was BS at me and sent me multiple letters, called me to tell me I needed to tell the pt to go to the pharmacy that was connected to them. I lost A LOT of $$ in withhold because I thought he should save money so he could afford groceries.

Comment

• So wait, all of these dip****s drinking Monster like it's water are going to live forever?
            https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abn9257
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Last Saturday, while walking around on the Cape, I fell on the sidewalk (because this couple walking towards me on a narrow sidewalk decided not to go single file so I could pass them so I had to go up on the curb and not sure what happened but I tripped and fell forward). I scraped both my knees - like you did when you were a six-year-old on the playground. I don't believe I broke anything as I am not having a problem walking or bending my knees. But they're sore and I can't kneel. My left knee is swollen - actually just under the kneecap. It feels funny, actually kind of numb. I'm debating about getting an x-ray to see if anything chipped or if there is anything I need to do. There are a few other little things that hurt as a result of the fall - I feel like I pulled or strained a muscle in my right forearm, probably hurt when breaking my fall. And my left thumb and left wrist are slightly bruised. Do I do that or do I just let it heal, which could take a while?

Comment

• If it's swollen around the kneecap, that's almost certainly what I have now. I banged my knee extremely hard while playing soccer (it was a great save!) but it swelled up pretty bad. Got it checked out, negative X-rays. Said just keep it wrapped with an Ace bandage* and ice it. Ended up reinjuring it doing the same thing (another great save!) when it wasn't fully healed. This time there was no terrible bruise but it swelled again. Using Ace bandages religiously has finally gotten the swelling down to somewhat normal.

My lame-arse, holiday inn express guess is that you have bursitis. Getting it checked out isn't a bad idea. But they'll probably send you home with ice and wraps. I thought I had fractured my kneecap so I got it checked out. It will probably be swollen for a couple weeks.

* important note, I've never had to use an ace wrap in my life. Which is weird for a soccer player. Anyways. You need to wrap diagonally up then down, etc as you go around the knee. I used two wraps to compress it and help the fluid drain. The diagonal wrapping helps it stay in place and kind of makes sure you aren't making a tourniquet.

Which reminds me, time to wrap.
                Code:

Comment

• Ice it, no matter what it’s going to take awhile to heal. Go see a doc if it makes you feel better.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by akerry
                    I suffer from an allergy and I can't find a remedy that will be helpful. I tried a lot of things. Now my friend recommended I buy ryaltris nasal spray from Canadian Pharmacy as it's the best med to get rid of allergy. Is it true and should I try it?
                    I think most folks on here will say mass quantities of fentanyl will help you. You can get it on the street corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by akerry
                      I suffer from an allergy and I can't find a remedy that will be helpful. I tried a lot of things. Now my friend recommended I buy ryaltris nasal spray from Canadian Pharmacy as it's the best med to get rid of allergy. Is it true and should I try it?
                      Have you tried lining your sensors with conformal coating?
                      Code:

Comment

• My oldest brother, born in 1960, is about 5 years into early-onset Alzheimer’s, and was just moved into a memory care unit today. His daughter has to call him by his first name because he doesn’t respond to “Dad” anymore. He’s living through my worst fear right now, and I can’t help but wonder why dementia seems to have become so prevalent lately, especially the early-onset varieties.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          My oldest brother, born in 1960, is about 5 years into early-onset Alzheimer’s, and was just moved into a memory care unit today. His daughter has to call him by his first name because he doesn’t respond to “Dad” anymore. He’s living through my worst fear right now, and I can’t help but wonder why dementia seems to have become so prevalent lately, especially the early-onset varieties.
                          I’m so sorry. I’m seeing it with an extended family member and it’s so brutal

Comment

• Oh no... I'm sorry St Clown. I can't even fathom living through that nightmare

Im not entire sure it's any more prevalent today, but that's pure speculation on my part. I was around a lot of it growing up. If not Alzheimer's then other forms of dementia. It's my biggest fear as I get older.
                            Code:

Comment

• Adding my sorry to the others. It is not fun.
                              Dealing with this now with my Auntie. Its not just having someone not know you or know your name. Its mourning the loss of the relationship you had with the person, the needing to be so careful not to say or do anything that causes them anxiety, worry or increased confusion. The glimpses of their former self that you can't trust because in the next minute they are gone and the conversation has caused them distress.

Comment

• Can't imagine early onset Alzheimer's or Dementia, so sorry thats happening to your brother. I watched both of my parents mental health decline, it was awful to see them fade away.

Comment

Working...
                                X