• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajoyce02
    replied
    Re: Smartphones

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Hey at least the streets make sense here unlike your neck of the woods

And SG if by North Metro you mean anywhere near Anoka or Coon Rapids...well lets just say I wouldn't want to dip (pun intended) into that gene pool
    Hey now, I resemble that!

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    That's what she said!
    Hey at least the streets make sense here unlike your neck of the woods

And SG if by North Metro you mean anywhere near Anoka or Coon Rapids...well lets just say I wouldn't want to dip (pun intended) into that gene pool

Leave a comment:

• Greyeagle
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I guess its a good thing that I don't spend any time in uptown
    That's what she said!

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

SG,

North metro is a great spot for all services these days...when I lived in the burbs up there though a few years back almost none worked. As the burbs expanded west and north they blanketed the area with towers and so on.
    I guess its a good thing that I don't spend any time in uptown

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    This

I've had the Hero for almost a month, and can't recomend Android phones any more highly. I understand that iPhones have more apps, but that will change. Google has things going in the right direction. If I had known the Nexus One was comming, I would have likely waited and gotten an unlocked one for my Sprint account (the latest and greatest version of Android and a better processor than the Hero), but I still can't complain about my phone...
    So far the processor on mine has only been noticeable if I am downloading a few apps at once. The browsers are fast as hell (I use both Oracle and the included one) and with the apps I got I hardly use it anyways. (the Newspaper one is great...I can read like 200 different papers whenever I want including the Strib, NY Times and a bunch of international papers) The one complaint is the vibrate is rather weak but there is an app where I can customize the vibrate so I just have it repeat a pattern a few times so I notice. (and I have a different pattern made for phone calls so I can tell the difference)

I am obviously still tinkering since I got this yesterday but I have had no issues of yet.

SG,

North metro is a great spot for all services these days...when I lived in the burbs up there though a few years back almost none worked. As the burbs expanded west and north they blanketed the area with towers and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Where in Minneapolis are you? My friend with an Iphone has all sorts of issues here...especially in Uptown whereas with Sprint I never have them.
    north metro, as much as people say its the network, every network has its bad spots and horrible service. I have been plenty of places where my at&t phone was the only one that got a good signal or done field work with coworkers who said cell phones don't work there but I managed to contact our boss with a question.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

I just bought an HTC Hero (the Sprint Droid) and I love the thing to death! I spent way too much time downloading apps
    This

I've had the Hero for almost a month, and can't recomend Android phones any more highly. I understand that iPhones have more apps, but that will change. Google has things going in the right direction. If I had known the Nexus One was comming, I would have likely waited and gotten an unlocked one for my Sprint account (the latest and greatest version of Android and a better processor than the Hero), but I still can't complain about my phone...

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I have the iphone and I love it. I haven't even noticed alot of the typical issues people talk about like dropped calls. The big thing I've been annoyed with is that the apps bigblue can get for free, cost me money. For example, Bolt browser is like $4 for me and he got it for free.
    Where in Minneapolis are you? My friend with an Iphone has all sorts of issues here...especially in Uptown whereas with Sprint I never have them.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

I have the iphone and I love it. I haven't even noticed alot of the typical issues people talk about like dropped calls. The big thing I've been annoyed with is that the apps bigblue can get for free, cost me money. For example, Bolt browser is like $4 for me and he got it for free.

Leave a comment:

• gmann
    replied

I have a Blackberry Storm through Verizon. It took some time to get used to the touch screen but all in all it is a pretty decent phone.

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
    Yeah, AT&T's network has really been the one thing that's made me pause and think about switching to an iPhone.

I have heard the new Storm supports WiFi, which is nice, but it hasn't been getting the greatest reviews online (at lease ones I've read).
    I've got the new Storm. Because I needed Verizon coverage. The WiFi, email, camera, phone, voice navigation, all works great.

It IS a little difficult to use. The touch screen is a b****. and getting it to interface with the Mac wasn't fun. I'm still working on music and pictures.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

I have the Storm 1 and I love it. I've never had any problems with it, and after the 5.0 upgrade is has run very fast and smoothly. I have used an iphone before I got my storm, and didn't like it. I didn't consider an iphone when I got the storm because I wanted to stay with Verizon.

I don't have alot of apps, just the basics: quickpull, BB slider, iheartradio, pandora, google maps, Bolt browser, Weatherbug, Shazam, Poynt, Trapster, BerryUnitConversion, flashlight, YouTube, Crackberry App Store, Flickr...

If you do get the Storm, I recommend downloading Bolt as your internet browser. I like it much better than the original BB Browser, and it is much faster.

Leave a comment:

• crazypotatoes
    replied

I have the original Storm. It's a pretty decent phone, but it can be frustrating sometimes. I love the "click" touch screen, but the screen itself seems to misinterpret my input a lot. My phone is also pretty slow and stupid occasionally, but it's usually not a problem.

If I was buying a phone now, it would be one of the Android models. I haven't really done research into any specific phones, but Google usually has their act together, so from a software side it would seem like a safe bet.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

I just bought an HTC Hero (the Sprint Droid) and I love the thing to death! I spent way too much time downloading apps

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

I've got the storm1, and have had no issues with it except the charging jack on the phone itself got screwed up but Verizon replaced the phone at no cost. Basically what has been said is what I would say: Apps aren't BB's strong point due to the increased security features. This is good and bad. I've heard good things from a couple friends who have the droid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X