Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Show me where I'm wrong. I'll come down and listen.
    You're wrong in that you took one person's position and used it to impugn "the crowd" in what I can only assume was a vain attempt to appear above it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I agree with your larger point that we don't know exactly who or what percentage believes what at this point. The difference between my sources and yours is that I know they're real people who really served. Who knows with the stuff on Twitter.

The USAA is a financial services company that is associated with the military. They obviously have taken the position that supporting this is good for business. This is kind of an aside, but how do they get so much money for advertising? For something that I believe isn't a for profit company owned by shareholders they advertise like crazy.
      Don't forget how they handled advertising for Sean Hannity...

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        You're wrong in that you took one person's position and used it to impugn "the crowd" in what I can only assume was a vain attempt to appear above it all.

One person?

I pointed out the irony in Kep's post too.

ND was not the only one using the military members who support the protests as confirmation while ignoring the ones who don't.

Time and again, differing opinions in this thread are lumped into one bucket. Everyone who thinks this way is _____________.

And libs wonder why we can't win anything anymore.

Comment

Trust? You want trust? How about the average unarmed black citizen of this country being able to trust that the cops aren't gonna shoot them dead? You know what would go a long way towards building that sort of trust? If the friggin' cops would quit shooting them dead. There's your place to start, right there.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            When this started it shifted the focus away from the police and onto other things, which was tactically a mistake. Hopefully down the road the focus shifts back to where it should be.
            That's because yahoos and idjits like yourself are doing everything possible they can to divert it into something else. "They're disrespectin' our military, they're disrespectin' our flag, they're disrespectin' the national anthem" come the pitiful wails from your fainting couch, back of your hand pressed delicately to your forehead.

You know what disrespects our flag, our military, our national anthem, our country? Cops killing unarmed black men, just cause they can. But that doesn't bother you, not a bit of outrage over that. But some guy peacefully taking a knee before a football game? "I am oh-fended. I will not abide this display of disrespect. This will not stand".
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              The poutrage of people is actually quite comical. Boycott the NFL? Great! More chances for me to get tickets. That unfortunately never materialized for Hamilton. Bummer.
              That's because the deplorables weren't going to see Hamilton anyway, and we're just using that as cover for their disinterest in the play.

Much in the same way the vocal poutragers feigning "boycotting" the NFL likely buy their team gear at Wal-Mart and watch their team from the safety of their living room couch, and the closest they've gotten to NFL tickets is driving past the stadium muttering "someday."
              Last edited by aparch; 09-26-2017, 02:00 PM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Let's cut through all the BS and get to the real reason why people are upset: Rich black people are interrupting football with something that people don't want to talk about. All the poutrage about the flag is just rationalization for their anger that football is being interrupted. If the players were doing something else to protest, wearing a patch, doing something at the coin toss etc., people would still be upset.
                People whine when players in sports wear pink for Breast Cancer...I think you are overthinking it.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post

I’m a veteran.
                  Drew doesnt believe your source...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So Will People Upset Over Black People Being Mad Hate Whiter Than White Alex Smith Too?

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith in an interview questioned why President Trump was condemning National Football League (NFL) players more strongly than he did white supremacists last month.

Smith called Trump’s criticism of NFL players who kneel during the anthem “alarming” because he was “targeting the NFL, targeting the quality and character of guys in this league for that very protest," according to the Kansas City Star.

“It’s the same guy who couldn’t condemn violent neo-Nazis. And he’s condemning guys taking a knee during the anthem,” Smith said.

“There are bigger issues out there that he probably should be worried about. But for some reason the NFL is on his mind.”
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There's some good people among the White Supremacists. The NFL? Not so much.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

When Shep Smith Gets It And You Dont Just Quit

"We're complicit," Smith said, acknowledging the way his own network helped muddle the meaning of Kaepernick's protest.

Smith points to Trump, his base, and Trump-friendly media organizations as the source of the uproar, twisting the actual issue being protested to distract from the fact that he's actually had a somewhat disastrous first eight months as president.

Policy-wise, not much has actually gotten done, Smith pointed out, so there's a need to ramp up phony wars with the press and with the NFL to frame him as a victim:
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                        X