Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Some libs have gotten in on the act, too. There are accounts like "DC Resister Bee" and "IMPEACH HIM" that constantly Tweet left-wing meme spam in response to Trump's Tweets.
    Yeah I block all that crap. If your bot cant even pretend to sound legit you are blocked and whoever shared it is unfollowed.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      So if one percent are fine with it the rest should go **** themselves? That makes a lot of sense.
      Since you made the 1% up why dont you just settle down. Your point was we cant believe the source. Even your own made up evidence seems to prove otherwise.

Again, the USAA supports it...or can we not believe that source either?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        A member of the military who is bothered by this is someone who served for the wrong reasons. As much as anything in society, serving in the military is supposed to be about the greater good and service for something completely other than yourself. If YOU are offended because someone took advantage of the freedoms you "served" to defend then your service was all about you. It seems a hollow right to be able to protest, but to have that protest frowned upon, provided said protest is peaceful -- and I cannot think of anything more peaceful in terms of protest than silently kneeling.

Wait... so now you get to decide who's service was done for the right reasons?

Based upon one issue?

Go up to a soldier and tell him or her that he or she served for the "wrong" reasons.

Nice to see that former military can be used as props when it's convenient.

Trying to think who else does that...

Irony is so lost on this crowd.

Comment

Yeah that is a horrible take...way off the mark.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Let's cut through all the BS and get to the real reason why people are upset: Rich black people are interrupting football with something that people don't want to talk about. All the poutrage about the flag is just rationalization for their anger that football is being interrupted. If the players were doing something else to protest, wearing a patch, doing something at the coin toss etc., people would still be upset.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Let's cut through all the BS and get to the real reason why people are upset: Rich black people are interrupting football with something that people don't want to talk about. All the poutrage about the flag is just rationalization for their anger that football is being interrupted. If the players were doing something else to protest, wearing a patch, doing something at the coin toss etc., people would still be upset.
              This. Where was the threat and poutrage (I love that word) to boycott when players were being accused of domestic violence, etc?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

Like I said earlier, they can only protest in a dark room with the door closed where nobody can see or hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Based upon one issue?

Go up to a soldier and tell him or her that he or she served for the "wrong" reasons.

Based upon this issue, yes. Put that member of the military in front of me and yes, I will tell him or her if that is the way they feel, they served for the wrong reasons. Because if that is the way they feel, they served for themselves first and foremost, and not for their country or their fellow service men and women.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Based upon one issue?

Nice to see that former military can be used as props when it's convenient.

Trying to think who else does that...

Irony is so lost on this crowd.
                    Yep, everyone here is "the crowd" as you look down from your lofty perch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Since you made the 1% up why dont you just settle down. Your point was we cant believe the source. Even your own made up evidence seems to prove otherwise.

Again, the USAA supports it...or can we not believe that source either?
                      I agree with your larger point that we don't know exactly who or what percentage believes what at this point. The difference between my sources and yours is that I know they're real people who really served. Who knows with the stuff on Twitter.

The USAA is a financial services company that is associated with the military. They obviously have taken the position that supporting this is good for business. This is kind of an aside, but how do they get so much money for advertising? For something that I believe isn't a for profit company owned by shareholders they advertise like crazy.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Neither the flag nor the national anthem belong to the military.

This slide toward believing they do is both an outrage and profoundly, and not nearly commented on enough, frightening.

The flag and the anthem symbolize the United States, free speech, and the rest of the Constitution, is the United States. To think that someone would fight to literally protect the flag but not the 1st amendment is, again, utterly frightening, and a commentary on how screwed up our culture has become.

I’m a veteran.

The hypocrisy coming from the right on this is…unfortunately completely typical?

Whenever I see tRump stirring up manipulative, superficial scchitt with one hand I always wonder what the other hand is doing. Russia, natural disasters, the utter devastation in Puerto Rico, the healthcare bill, NK? There’s some combination of things that he doesn’t want you to be looking at, and the constant plus to any and all of those is his narcissistic and egomaniacal need for his base to openly love him.
                        I went home with a waitress the way I always do
                        How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Are you saying that if the players took a knee before the Anthem, and then stood during it...people would boo? That would never happ....
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Are you saying that if the players took a knee before the Anthem, and then stood during it...people would boo? That would never happ....
                            Doesn't count, they're still interrupting football if they're on the field.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              Based upon this issue, yes. Put that member of the military in front of me and yes, I will tell him or her if that is the way they feel, they served for the wrong reasons. Because if that is the way they feel, they served for themselves first and foremost, and not for their country or their fellow service men and women.
                              Sorry, I think it's pretty clear that most serve for themselves first, and the "country and fellows" stuff is lip service to ideals that just put a nice spin on it. What I mean is that in order to keep our bloated world police well-stocked with cannon fodder, we're promising a pretty good salary and societal genuflection at every neighborhood holiday parade until death do us part. That's an attractive offer to a lower class citizen whose alternatives out of high school might be "meth lab superintendent" or "amazon warehouse drone."
                              And I don't blame them a bit for "serving in self service." They're getting a lot out of it in addition to the salary and parades, including education, discipline, physical fitness, and the opportunity to shoot stuff.
                              But I think it's nonsense to say that most soldiers sign up out of altruism.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                Yep, everyone here is "the crowd" as you look down from your lofty perch.

Show me where I'm wrong. I'll come down and listen.

Comment

Working...
                                X