Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Did you have the same thought when Trump said the sob should be fired?
    And there's the rub. And, for that matter, the only reason this is getting such heated discussion right now.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      Did you have the same thought when Trump said the sob should be fired?
      Trump was giving a campaign speech and we're a bunch of random people talking things over, so kind of an apples and oranges comparison. To answer your question though, I think what he said was very distasteful.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I really don't have a problem with the taking a knee, it doesn't affect me if they do it or not, and it is their right. If the players that do it think it is beneficial, and helps their cause, then go ahead, I don't care. But, at the same time, I can see the reasoning behind some people being upset, especially veterans and people who served. Some will be upset, others will support the protest. Guess what? We are all American citizens, and we all have the freedom to make that choice for ourselves. I don't see a reason to demonize someone on either side of this argument, just because they have a different viewpoint. Its not like everyone that disagrees with the protest actually disagrees with the point the protest is trying to make, they're not mutually exclusive.
        Well said.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Trump was giving a campaign speech and we're a bunch of random people talking things over, so kind of an apples and oranges comparison. To answer your question though, I think what he said was very distasteful.
          You're right, it's much less appropriate for the president to lash out at some citizen he disagrees with using his bully pulpit than it is for random people talking things over. Seriously, *** are you even talking about?

Comment

You're right, it's much less appropriate for the president to lash out at some citizen he disagrees with using his bully pulpit than it is for random people talking things over. Seriously, *** are you even talking about?
            He was trying to fire up voters. Given the area of the country it was likely very effective. I'm going to operate under the assumption you don't understand the context of the speech.

Comment

He was trying to fire up voters. Given the area of the country it was likely very effective. I'm going to operate under the assumption you don't understand the context of the speech.
              He's the ****ing president, his first responsibility is to that role. It's inappropriate for the president to publicly attack a citizen for lawful behavior simply because he knows it will fire up the mouth-breathers. How do you not get that?

Comment

He's the ****ing president, his first responsibility is to that role. It's inappropriate for the president to publicly attack a citizen for lawful behavior simply because he knows it will fire up the mouth-breathers. How do you not get that?
                Did you not see my other post? I don't like what he did at all, but I understand why he did it. He's his own man and is going to do things his own way. None of us can control his behavior, but I think we should be more civil to each other.

Comment

Did you not see my other post? I don't like what he did at all, but I understand why he did it. He's his own man and is going to do things his own way. None of us can control his behavior, but I think we should be more civil to each other.
                  Well I'm my own man and nobody can control my behavior, so you'll give me a pass for not being civil to you, no?

Comment

Well I'm my own man and nobody can control by behavior, so you'll give me a pass for not being civil to you, no?
                    Have at it. You or anyone else can give me both barrels whenever you like. It takes away from the discussion of the issues though.

Comment

Have at it. You or anyone else can give me both barrels whenever you like. It takes away from the discussion of the issues though.
                      Yes, just as Trump's boorish behavior pollutes the national discourse immeasurably. But, that just doesn't seem to be a big deal for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jr.
                        I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          Even now MLK is drastically under rated. Dude was a masterful rhetorician and should have been president.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            So apparently opinions can be wrong now?

1. I disagree with not standing for anthem.
                            2. I will defend a person's right to not stand for anthem, however.

It's not that difficult to comprehend.
                            Nice backtrack from being insulted..,,

Comment

As I've posted earlier I really don't have strong feelings either way. I did notice yesterday though that some friends of mine who served said it bothered them on Facebook. The NFL players should have respect for them.
                              A member of the military who is bothered by this is someone who served for the wrong reasons. As much as anything in society, serving in the military is supposed to be about the greater good and service for something completely other than yourself. If YOU are offended because someone took advantage of the freedoms you "served" to defend then your service was all about you. It seems a hollow right to be able to protest, but to have that protest frowned upon, provided said protest is peaceful -- and I cannot think of anything more peaceful in terms of protest than silently kneeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I support it whether military members do or not.

I'm sure plenty of military could be found who find it disrespectful.

Wouldn't change my mind.

As UNO said, the anthem and the flag are so much more than just the military.
                                Yeah but they are also just a song and a piece of cloth. Seeing as I hear people butcher said song every day and people wear the Flag as a flipping bandanna or as shorts I think we are fine.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X