Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Opinions about facts can certainly be wrong. c.f. intelligent design, climate denial, etc.

Opinions about non-facts can probably not be "wrong" since those are not veridical statements. But they sure can be stupid.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      It doesn't matter how many watched it. It only matters how many get Rush, Hannity, and Alex Jones take on it. See, how it works?
      They'll say the same things they would've said without the debate having taken place, so who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        And yet, nothing the Cubs have done compares to that greatest of horrors inflicted on the world by the White Sox. I speak, of course, of Hawk Harrelson.
        Skip Caray rivals Hawk Harrelson, but you can argue he's not the Cubs' fault.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Hit home I see.

Good.

This thread is typically a lefty circle jerk and it's amazing that you can post a sentence like that and miss the irony.

Of course I believe our side is right most of the time. They're my beliefs.

I'm open to other opinions though and I don't always look down on those other opinions with open contempt or lump all of the people who hold them into one bucket.

Judging by my Facebook feed, you're way off the mark on who finds this disrespectful. Sure, there's the obvious wingnuts, but also progressives and actually more women than men. Limited sample size, sure, but certainly more diverse than the sample size herein.
          To be fair most of the women I see upset are obviously spam.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Opinions about non-facts can probably not be "wrong" since those are not veridical statements. But they sure can be stupid.

And narrow. Often very narrow due to the bias that may inform those opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Skip Caray rivals Hawk Harrelson, but you can argue he's not the Cubs' fault.
              Yeah, that's entirely on Ted Turner and the Braves.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I have no idea as I haven't seen what you're referring to.

I know my Facebook feed is small and mostly white. I mentioned "small sample size" in my post.

I have a lot of liberal friends though and I was surprised at how many of them (many females) don't care for this form of protest or find it "disrespectful."

I assumed (incorrectly) that they'd all see it the way that I do.

that's why it's good to hear other opinions. I still think I'm right, but I'm aware that many don't see it my way.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Did you not see Handy post approximately 100 different military members supporting it? Or did you just ignore it?
                  Perhaps Handy needs to spam the thread with 100 more supportive Tweets from service members.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Perhaps Handy needs to spam the thread with 100 more supportive Tweets from service members.
                    Just what we need! I'm sure you could go on Twitter and find stuff to back up any point of view. Also, I'm certain some service members support it. Even if it's only 1% that's still thousands of people.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Haha, I'd be fine with that obviously.

Comment

I support it whether military members do or not.

I'm sure plenty of military could be found who find it disrespectful.

Wouldn't change my mind.

As UNO said, the anthem and the flag are so much more than just the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          I support it whether military members do or not.

I'm sure plenty of military could be found who find it disrespectful.

Wouldn't change my mind.

As UNO said, the anthem and the flag are so much more than just the military.
                          Agreed on all points, you can definitely fine military members who do or don't support your opinion but that probably shouldn't be what you base it on anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yeah, when an account handle is something like "SUSIE4TRUMP", or "DEPLORABLE Cheryl", or "Drew_MAGA45USA", then it's obviously a bot.

Comment

Yeah, when an account handle is something like "SUSIE4TRUMP", or "DEPLORABLE Cheryl", or "Drew_MAGA45USA", then it's obviously a bot.
                              Also, you cannot rely on Facebook or any social media for anything. Russia is creating fake bot accounts all the time that take Republican positions.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Also, you cannot rely on Facebook or any social media for anything. Russia is creating fake bot accounts all the time that take Republican positions.
                                Some libs have gotten in on the act, too. There are accounts like "DC Resister Bee" and "IMPEACH HIM" that constantly Tweet left-wing meme spam in response to Trump's Tweets.

Comment

Working...
                                X