Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.19: Being Douced by Irma makes me sad!!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I'm quite aware. They have been dragged into this now though.

It would send a strong message. Maybe it wouldn't work, but I think it's worth a shot. Real change won't be easy or peaceful. You need to make sure it involves the right message/people. Right now they are off target.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Judging by my Facebook feed, you're way off the mark on who finds this disrespectful.
      I'm sure your Facebook feed is a representative sample of the nation.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I did notice yesterday though that some friends of mine who served said it bothered them on Facebook. The NFL players should have respect for them.
        The flag represents the whole country, not just the military. Same with the anthem, even if it is a horrible song that should be replaced by America the Beautiful.

Kneeling during the anthem isn't disrespecting veterans. It may be a shot against the country for which it stands, but considering that same country has farked over their relatives and ancestors for generations, they probably have a point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          The origin of playing the national anthem at a sporting event was a World Series game between the Cubs and Red Sox. The Cubs had a band at their game, because, well why else would you ever go to a Cubs game.

In the middle of the game the band struck up the national anthem, presumably to distract people from the mess on the field. A couple of Boston players felt it necessary to salute and sing along, thus applying peer pressure on the other players and fans to do the same. A "tradition" was thus born.

All this recent debate reminds us of is how truly horrible the Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, and their associated fan bases are and how we'd be better off if none of them had ever existed.
          And yet, nothing the Cubs have done compares to that greatest of horrors inflicted on the world by the White Sox. I speak, of course, of Hawk Harrelson.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            The flag represents the whole country, not just the military. Same with the anthem, even if it is a horrible song that should be replaced by One Nation Under a Groove.
            Carry on.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Oh, really? I'd say the coverage of the national anthem standing issue has received more coverage then the original reason for the protest by far. It's not even close. The right (again) has turned the issue in to something else that benefits them. Like they always do. They did the same thing with Health Care last night during the debate. Which is exactly what I said would happen.
              How many people even watched the debate last night? A couple hundred thousand? I didn't, and I feel I'm in the top 5% of politically informed people in this country.

Comment

LOL, did you hear that on MSNBC? Maybe read it on Twitter? This is a case where I trust people I know more so than what the media is pushing.
                No I heard actual military say it. But I am sure you dont believe that either.

So are the military people on twitter lying? Is the USAA lying?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

How many people even watched the debate last night? A couple hundred thousand? I didn't, and I feel I'm in the top 5% of politically informed people in this country.
                  It doesn't matter how many watched it. It only matters how many get Rush, Hannity, and Alex Jones take on it. See, how it works?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

LOL, did you hear that on MSNBC? Maybe read it on Twitter? This is a case where I trust people I know more so than what the media is pushing.
                    Did you not see Handy post approximately 100 different military members supporting it? Or did you just ignore it?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      The flag represents the whole country, not just the military. Same with the anthem, even if it is a horrible song that should be replaced by America the Beautiful.

Kneeling during the anthem isn't disrespecting veterans. It may be a shot against the country for which it stands, but considering that same country has farked over their relatives and ancestors for generations, they probably have a point.
                      I completely agree with everything in your post. As I've previously stated it doesn't offend me one bit. I can see where it does offend other people though, including those who have served, which I myself and a lot of others haven't done. I personally think it just isn't a good method of protesting too. It has nothing to do with whether I think it's right or wrong.

When this started it shifted the focus away from the police and onto other things, which was tactically a mistake. Hopefully down the road the focus shifts back to where it should be.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        So apparently opinions can be wrong now?

1. I disagree with not standing for anthem.
                        2. I will defend a person's right to not stand for anthem, however.

It's not that difficult to comprehend.
                        Yes opinions can be wrong. They always could be. This BS theory that opinions can never be wrong is ridiculous I dont know why anyone says it. If I say "in my opinion you have a zero iq" that doesnt make it true.

We are all allowed to HAVE an opinion, that doesnt make them correct.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It doesn't matter how many watched it. It only matters how many get Rush, Hannity, and Alex Jones take on it. See, how it works?
                          Those people are morons who can't be saved, who cares?

Comment

Same, same.

But it is important to talk about these things to get them into the conversation. Single Payer is now a commonplace. Even the orcs are talking about it if only to demonstrate their tribal opposition. Though it's fun to pin them down on what they know about it. Hint: nothing.

The real advantage TPTB use is the sheer ignorance of the public. Anything we can do to trim that advantage is a good thing. This is a case where any publicity is good publicity.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Those people are morons who can't be saved, who cares?
                              I agree. But those morons are running the entire country right now. Local, State, and National.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Bingo.

Sums up for the most part how I feel about this matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X