X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Just wait until he hears about Odell!

It says a lot about where we are that I even have to check if that's tongue in cheek.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I still haven't seen any kind of official post from ESPN. Just the breitbarts and daily caller sites saying they confirmed it.

Great job guys!

ESPN' actual reasoning:

Interesting, from his tweets, it seems that they made the change not to avoid controversy per se, but to shield him from people harassing/making fun of him because of his name.

ESPN source on the Clay Travis/UVA game brouhaha: There was a sensitivity about Robert Lee, a young, new announcer doing the game...that his intro to CFB broadcasts would be Robert E. Lee memes. ESPN had conversation with him, they mutually decided to switch assignment...if you want to think it's ridiculous, PC culture run amok, that's fine. But seems to me ESPN was trying to do a new employee a solid.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Yep, it's just a conservag poutrage story. Let 'em rag.
        "We can't have this Asian guy with the name Robert Lee do this game. We moved him to another game."
        "That's a rather silly reason, don't you think? In fact, I really think that is a really dumb reason, and I think you're over-reacting."
        "No! YOU'RE over-reacting to a simple change in scheduled announcers!"
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Here comes the centrist/right wing brigade. Your ring leader just said he didn't care if it was true or not, so why does it matter that it is actually true?

ESPN just needs to know when to be quiet. They made the same mistake trying to get in front of the Erin Andrews tape and ended up causing more trouble for her.
          I can't believe they actually did it. This was something when I read it figured it was some kind of misunderstanding or something. I don't think it was a big broadcast and if they would have let him broadcast the game I don't think many people would have noticed.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I can't believe they actually did it. This was something when I read it figured it was some kind of misunderstanding or something. I don't think it was a big broadcast and if they would have let him broadcast the game I don't think many people would have noticed.
            Agreed.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I still haven't seen any kind of official post from ESPN. Just the breitbarts and daily caller sites saying they confirmed it.

Great job guys!

ESPN' actual reasoning:

Interesting, from his tweets, it seems that they made the change not to avoid controversy per se, but to shield him from people harassing/making fun of him because of his name.

ESPN source on the Clay Travis/UVA game brouhaha: There was a sensitivity about Robert Lee, a young, new announcer doing the game...that his intro to CFB broadcasts would be Robert E. Lee memes. ESPN had conversation with him, they mutually decided to switch assignment...if you want to think it's ridiculous, PC culture run amok, that's fine. But seems to me ESPN was trying to do a new employee a solid.
              They definitely gave him a lot of publicity tonight. In fact I think it might have had the opposite effect.

Comment

I repeat:

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Comment

Let's back up here. IF ESPN moved him because they were afraid of folks threatening him because of his name...

what is ESPN saying about the intelligence of their viewers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    "We can't have this Asian guy with the name Robert Lee do this game. We moved him to another game."
                    "That's a rather silly reason, don't you think? In fact, I really think that is a really dumb reason, and I think you're over-reacting."
                    You realize that it is possible for both sides to be overreacting, right?
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Compared to this dreck, Drew's overreaction looks mild.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        You realize that it is possible for both sides to be overreacting, right?
                        It is. And in this case, they are both over-reacting. And both sides need to realize it.

Comment

I just love all the delicate snowflakes on the right, and the Center(TM), get all up in arms about a decision made mutually between a company and their employee to A) prevent him from being the story of game B) Potentially reduce the chance of inflaming the already tense situation at UVA, and C) make sure they aren't seen as being insensitive just a week after doing a slave auction live on tv.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I just love all the delicate snowflakes on the right, and the Center(TM), get all up in arms about a decision made mutually between a company and their employee to A) prevent him from being the story of game B) Potentially reduce the chance of inflaming the already tense situation at UVA, and C) make sure they aren't seen as being insensitive just a week after doing a slave auction live on tv.
                            By them doing that, they insulted the intelligence of their viewers and they made an issue of something that isn't an issue to begin with.

That the extent of *my* "outrage." I think ESPN should have just let him do the game, and not even bring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              By them doing that, they insulted the intelligence of their viewers and they made an issue of something that isn't an issue to begin with.

That the extent of *my* "outrage." I think ESPN should have just let him do the game, and not even bring it up.
                              Yeah, **** them for trying to be sensitive to an employee and a community.
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                The kid is just starting out, what do you expect him to say? I doubt he is even an official employee. I'm personally not offended, but think it is a crazy thing to do. It plays right into the PC culture narrative perfectly. They're losing a few million subscribers a year and stories like this don't help their cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X