X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    thought draining was keeping the same recycled people from moving into the K street jobs as well as disallowing gov workers to move into lobbyist jobs. not really sure that is in fact the case now, but that was the intended meaning.
    But he's not even come close to introducing legislation about that.

And his cabinet is largely a group of corporate lobbyists.

Still, I'd like to hear some specific measures that we know the swamp is being drained. Right now, dump can do nothing and people still think he's making progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      I don't see how that drains anything, though. The really hard part about that is if you took the government jobs out, the economy would tank. Right now, without the positions filled, there are a lot of people on the payroll without direction. Nothing can be done OR undone without people assigned to work on it.
      Well... this same guy told me that trumpy "is probably the smartest president we've ever had" so...
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        But he's not even come close to introducing legislation about that.

And his cabinet is largely a group of corporate lobbyists.

Still, I'd like to hear some specific measures that we know the swamp is being drained. Right now, dump can do nothing and people still think he's making progress.
        yes, nothing is being done other than saying IT is being drained at this time. do as i say, not as i do.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          but this president is doing exactly the same thing. And they are still happy he is "draining" - so it doesn't seem to be that.

And it's funny that we worry about special interests, but want the big corporations to have a direct advertising line, as corporations are allowed to have "free speech". THAT message has far more impact than special interests- as that's how people get elected. They are the sources of most of the fear mongering messages about legislation.
          Doesn't everyone who goes to DC? I really think having Congress move around the country would help a lot, despite the logistical challenges.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Seriously, he looked for like half a second.
            He did it six different times that the cameras caught.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Like the SNL skit where Reagan did all the stuff in private with the staff, but when a public person came in he changed to "all shucks"

That was Phil Hartman Mookie perhaps recalls....
              One of the greatest SNL bits of all time.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So here's a dumb question- does anyone really know what people mean by "draining the swap"?
                "Local government for economics, federal government for social issues"
                "Hang all Demoncrat and GOP establishment pols, whom I blame for my sh*tty life."
                "Tyranny by white minority"

And above all else:

"Stickin' it to the libs for being right"

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Doesn't everyone who goes to DC? I really think having Congress move around the country would help a lot, despite the logistical challenges.
                  If congress moves around, what would stop the lobbyists from following them around??? That makes zero sense- it's not as if the people doing the lobbying don't have means. Heck, many of them are local, too.

I just don't see that solving anything, other than spending even more money running the government.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    Well... this same guy told me that trumpy "is probably the smartest president we've ever had" so...
                    did you ever bother to ask how that is going to fix anything?

NOT putting people into place means nothing changes. Nobody is there to change the operating rules or directions, so nothing can change. Has anyone explained this little problem to that concept?

Well, except for the Fake News agencies. Who are actually very correct, again. I work with rules around the Greenhouse Gas laws, and unless something is done to UNDO them, they stay in place. Putting nobody in place for the EPA does not give any direction to UNDO the rules. So it solves nothing. Other than making government a whole lot less efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      "Local government for economics, federal government for social issues"
                      "Hang all Demoncrat and GOP establishment pols, whom I blame for my sh*tty life."
                      "Tyranny by white minority"

And above all else:

"Stickin' it to the libs for being right"
                      Still, It would be interesting to ask for some real specifics about draining the swamp. Not some nebulous blame game over someone being lazy.

Comment

Still, It would be interesting to ask for some real specifics about draining the swamp. Not some nebulous blame game over someone being lazy.
                        The swamp is the money. Drain the money, drain the swamp. Do nothing about the money and all other actions will be futile.
                        Cornell University

Comment

I had an Uber driver in CT tell me that he thinks we should go back to the days when representatives and Senators served one term, then went back home and returned to private enterprise. No more consecutive terms.

Even in the 19th century, did that ever really happen? Or is it just some fantasy of "conservative libertarians"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Do you have a lifetime supply of Bad Idea Jeans?
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Do you have a lifetime supply of Bad Idea Jeans?
                              I like Kepler's idea more. What else do we have for ideas? I don't think the one term idea is very good.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                He did it six different times that the cameras caught.
                                Meh. I'll bet I did the same thing.

ETA: This just all comes off like putting dijon on a nothingburger.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-22-2017, 09:47 AM.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X