X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Have you ever seen any statistics on personal finance? There are a lot of people who make six figures who live paycheck to paycheck and don't pay their bills on time. Beyond that, it's easier for a lot of families to let someone else handle it. Not all situations are the same.
    That's not what we're talking about, nor what the Obama policy entailed. It was about someone who did not have the mental ability to handle their financial affairs at all, not just late on their payments. People who fall pray to con men, don't even know they have bills to pay, let alone pay them, or how and who to pay them.

Someone who knows enough to let someone else handle their financial affairs for them is by definition handling their financial affairs, and capable of doing so.

But we've been all through this before. you don't understand, and what's more, you don't want to understand. Because.................Obama. Anything he did is bad. But give Trumpy a chance, cause he's gonna fix all that.
    Last edited by rufus; 08-17-2017, 10:38 AM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Have you ever seen any statistics on personal finance? There are a lot of people who make six figures who live paycheck to paycheck and don't pay their bills on time. Beyond that, it's easier for a lot of families to let someone else handle it. Not all situations are the same.
      You do realize that being declared mentally incompetent is not the same as being bad with money, right?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        You do realize that being declared mentally incompetent is not the same as being bad with money, right?
        No, he doesn't understand that either. Obama was just out to take people's guns, any way he could.

Comment

I just learned that the ACLU won a case that got the permit for the Saturday march by the white nationalists. Rationale by the ACLU? Free speech, even that which they abhor.

And, I just found out --> I agree with Noam Chomsky (I suspect it's the first time I've said those words):

The left-wing "Antifa" movement is rising in prominence after clashing with white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va., but one progressive scholar says the anti-fascists feed the fire they seek to extinguish.

"As for Antifa, it's a minuscule fringe of the Left, just as its predecessors were," Noam Chomsky told the Washington Examiner. "It's a major gift to the Right, including the militant Right, who are exuberant."
          http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no...rticle/2631786

Antifa would've been well served to stay home and watch the Bed Bath tiki torch fools stand alone in the sun and be disinfected.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

you moron, we've talked about this many times. managing money poorly and living paycheck to paycheck doesn't make you deemed mentally incapable of managing your affairs -- it makes you stupid.

Being deemed mentally incapable of managing your affairs requires a medical diagnosis.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              That's not what we're talking about, nor what the Obama policy entailed. It was about someone who did not have the mental ability to handle their financial affairs at all, not just late on their payments. People who fall pray to con men, don't even know they have bills to pay, let alone pay them, or how and who to pay them.

Someone who knows enough to let someone else handle their financial affairs for them is by definition handling their financial affairs, and capable of doing so.

But we've been all through this before. you don't understand, and what's more, you don't want to understand. Because.................Obama. Anything he did is bad. But give Trumpy a chance, cause he's gonna fix all that.
              Yeah Fortune 500 companies, police departments, schools they never fall for con men. The opposite of your last paragraph is certainly true for you and others on here. This was an awful rule that took away due process from thousands of people for no good reason. Unless there are all these cases of meals on wheels folks being blown away that I'm not aware of.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                I just learned that the ACLU won a case that got the permit for the Saturday march by the white nationalists. Rationale by the ACLU? Free speech, even that which they abhor.

And, I just found out --> I agree with Noam Chomsky (I suspect it's the first time I've said those words):

Antifa would've been well served to stay home and watch the Bed Bath tiki torch fools stand alone in the sun and be disinfected.
                I posted a link to the decision earlier this morning.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I was in no way defending it.
                  I know I was just making sure no one used that argument after. We have a lot of people in this thread that, for lack of a better word, co-opt any possible reason to nullify and passively defend what is going on and I didnt want your argument caught up in that

On another not what exactly does a statue of the Confederacy have to do with the chant "You will not replace us"? Taking down a statue of a traitor isnt going to replace the entire White Republican personhood. Seems to me either "us" means Confederates (which I was told wasnt who the South is anymore) or they meant White People in general (you know cause despite Whites being "Supreme" they cant seem to stop being replaced or something) which has nothing to do with a statue.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I know I was just making sure no one used that argument after. We have a lot of people in this thread that, for lack of a better word, co-opt any possible reason to nullify and passively defend what is going on and I didnt want your argument caught up in that

On another not what exactly does a statue of the Confederacy have to do with the chant "You will not replace us"? Taking down a statue of a traitor isnt going to replace the entire White Republican personhood. Seems to me either "us" means Confederates (which I was told wasnt who the South is anymore) or they meant White People in general (you know cause despite Whites being "Supreme" they cant seem to stop being replaced or something) which has nothing to do with a statue.
                    That was my point.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      The strange thing is, if the guy had stated in his permit application that he wanted to march through the park wearing Nazi uniforms, carrying Nazi and Confederate flags, and singing Dixie, I'm not sure the City could have denied him. I'm sure they would have tried, but I think there are famous cases out there on that issue, lampooned in the Blues Brothers, that would protect that right. But I'm sure most of these guys are too stupid to know that and figure that if they disclose it's a nazi march the city will have a right to turn them down.
                      I doubt the city would have and I would have defended the city for allowing it. I would think though the city would have frowned on the bringing of weapons and torches though on the grounds of safety.

The problem with the defenders of the rally isnt their beliefs in White Supremacy (though that is a different set of issues) it is their belief that their Freedom of Speech (pardon the pun) trumps everyone else's. Racists have every right to spew their crap publicly if they choose. (they cant act on it obviously) But f non-racists show up to try and shout them down that is just the way it is. They dont seem to get that. No one's freedom was infringed on until things got violent.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 08-17-2017, 10:58 AM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        you moron, we've talked about this many times. managing money poorly and living paycheck to paycheck doesn't make you deemed mentally incapable of managing your affairs -- it makes you stupid.

Being deemed mentally incapable of managing your affairs requires a medical diagnosis.
                        If it requires a diagnosis it shouldn't be difficult for whoever is making that diagnosis to opine on whether they are fit to own guns or not.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Yeah...despite what Right Wing Nutjobs think the ACLU fights for the rights of everyone. The ACLU has been doing that since Skokie.

And Chomsky is wrong and so are you and you both need to brush up on history.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Ask Drew if he has ever been involved in a guardianship proceeding. Could be he is a ward.

Comment

"Jews will not replace us!"

Wasnt that what Picket's Brigade was yelling as they crossed the field at Gettysburg?

Oh wait no it wasnt. But remember, this march was about a statue...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If it requires a diagnosis it shouldn't be difficult for whoever is making that diagnosis to opine on whether they are fit to own guns or not.
                                Well if you're ruled mentally incompetent, I'm pretty sure that would have to be done based on a diagnosis. Obama just couldn't walk in and say, "nope, you're not fit". Even though that's your worst fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X