X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    There's the problem. You live here. Be part of the solution.
    And what is the solution?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Extinction of the human race.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Next census is 2020 I believe. Don't the governors of the states few up the district maps? Right now 35 of the governors are republicans. Not great for the democrats hopes for better district maps.
        I think in most states the legislature controls the redistricting process subject, I suppose, to veto by the governor. Maybe a handful use an independently appointed group.

I just didn't know what geezer's point was about Bush, the census, and his "honesty" or dishonesty regarding it.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Like with any protest (labor strikes, etc.) they tend to get co opted by people with agendas.

I'm sure that was part of it.
          Unless it was co-opted by the very people who organized it that doesnt hold water sorry. The event became the "Unite The Right" rally because the guy who organized it made it so.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Holy moley, was that 10 Flaggy excretions in a row this morning? What a headache that must've been for those of you that bothered reading them.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Well Trump will tell you his "Final Solution" after his re-election...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The beauty taken from our cities can never be replaced. If only we hadn't lost the ability to make other statues to put in their place!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Unless it was co-opted by the very people who organized it that doesnt hold water sorry. The event became the "Unite The Right" rally because the guy who organized it made it so.
                  I was in no way defending it.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The strange thing is, if the guy had stated in his permit application that he wanted to march through the park wearing Nazi uniforms, carrying Nazi and Confederate flags, and singing Dixie, I'm not sure the City could have denied him. I'm sure they would have tried, but I think there are famous cases out there on that issue, lampooned in the Blues Brothers, that would protect that right. But I'm sure most of these guys are too stupid to know that and figure that if they disclose it's a nazi march the city will have a right to turn them down.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Well I'm so glad that Trump "waited for all the facts to come in."
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...cked-a-permit/
                      Mariam, I Dickler

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        The beauty taken from our cities can never be replaced. If only we hadn't lost the ability to make other statues to put in their place!
                        Yeah, Trumpy really cares about preserving art.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...d-trump-tower/

he construction of Trump Tower may have been Donald Trump’s greatest achievement, but it was a disaster for the city’s artistic legacy.

To build his skyscraper, Trump first had to knock down the Bonwit Teller building, a luxurious limestone building erected in 1929. The face of the building featured two huge Art Deco friezes that the Metropolitan Museum of Art wanted to preserve. The museum asked Trump to save the sculptures and donate them, and the mogul agreed—as long as the cost of doing so wasn’t too high.

But then, according to journalist Harry Hurt III in his book Lost Tycoon, Trump discovered that taking out the sculptures would delay demolition by two weeks. He wasn’t willing to wait. “On his orders, the demolition workers cut up the grillwork with acetylene torches,” Hurt wrote. “Then they jackhammered the friezes, dislodged them with crowbars, and pushed the remains inside the building, where they fell to the floor and shattered in a million pieces.”

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          I thought you were all for taking guns away from the mentally ill?

Or have you forgotten what you wrote last week?
                          If a doctor decides someone is a threat to themselves or others absolutely. That wasn't the case with what Obama did.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            If a doctor decides someone is a threat to themselves or others absolutely. That wasn't the case with what Obama did.
                            So someone who is too mentally unstable to manage their own affairs is nevertheless sound enough to own a gun?

Please tell me you aren't saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              So someone who is too mentally unstable to manage their own affairs is nevertheless sound enough to own a gun?

No, he's saying that. I can't tell a $5 from a $1 in my wallet, but I can differentiate between someone breaking into my house, and the Meals on Wheels person dropping off my lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Have you ever seen any statistics on personal finance? There are a lot of people who make six figures who live paycheck to paycheck and don't pay their bills on time. Beyond that, it's easier for a lot of families to let someone else handle it. Not all situations are the same.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X