X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think the nuke rattling with Kim and Charlottesville mark when the adults in the rest of the world stopped laughing and started worrying.

The longterm result seems to be that we have been trusted for 70 years by the western world -- we act in our self-interest and do terrible things to the brown help, yes, but we were still a good actor when dealing with white countries. Now we are no longer reliable. Even once this idiocy passes, we will not be fully trusted again.
    When, exactly, were we fully trusted?

Most of our hemisphere has seen what our "good intentions" have lead to. A very **** poor South America- who should be really close to NA on an economic basis, since our histories up to just after WWII were similar. But out intervention into their democracies really put the end to that.

Even the Spanish American War was of questionable reasons. The long term results of that has been not all that great, either. Only one of the territories can be considered anywhere near a US state in terms of economics and whatnot. And that's because they are still part of the US.

I'm for trying to interrupt dictators that are making their population suffer, but other intervening is not wanted. Moreso, when we do intervene, we need to finish the job, and not just let if hang (see Afghanistan).

People have constantly, rightly, been questioning our moral standing. It's just that our standing just stepping into a steaming pile of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      They don't want to intrude on a state political process. We have one man one vote and you can't draw a district to disenfranchise a particular class.

But disenfranchising a political party? I don't like the gerrymander, but the I prefer a state solution on this mattet rather than a federally mandated one.
      State solutions gave us the current problem. So that's all well and good that you'd prefer them, but they've proven they misuse that power. So guess what, they don't get to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Funny thing is, once the 2016 election was completed, it was leftists that started buying up.
        And blacks.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          And now he's refusing to listen to others, and get involved. "Centrist crap" is one part he recently said. Even if he thinks it's crap, discuss, find a solution. Don't wash your hands of it.
          I'm refusing to listen? That's what you're going with? "Centrist crap?". Oh, no, it isn't crap. Centrists actually believed a racist would give them higher wages. SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I'm refusing to listen? That's what you're going with? "Centrist crap?". Oh, no, it isn't crap. Centrists actually believed a racist would give them higher wages. SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!
            Correct. You have said in the past few weeks that I'm the type of person to not bother listening to, said the slippery slope of the statue issue is "centrist crap," and this whole thing isn't your problem/your conscience is clear.

Well, it IS your problem as you still live in this country. Many other people, MUCH more on the Republican side of things than I am are around making noise, and you are sitting here basically saying, "Not my fault, deal with it, America. You deserve it." That doesn't help.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              So someone photoshopped Donald Trump over KKK members, a group which he has disavowed on multiple occasions, including earlier this week. I knew you had no actual evidence, so cut the lies.
              YOU'RE upset that an internet site might not contain accurate information???

Personally it looks accurate to me. Its on you to explain why its not, and remember - if you're explaining you're losing.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

So I have a few questions.....

1) Am I correct in saying the Friday night rally in Charlottesville was billed as a protest against dismantling of a confederate statue? I thought I read that.

2) If that was the case, why march at night? Was it so they could use the tiki torches?

3) How does the symbolism of marching at night with tiki torches and swastika flags translate into protesting for not removing a statue commemorating the Civil War?

4) Why would one chant awful and hateful things about Jews and carry flags with swastikas if you're protesting the removal of a statue commemorating the Confederacy and being pro-slavery?

Seems to me that if this permit the nazis/white supremacists got was based on protesting the removal of this statue, they lied. So they were all in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

1) Am I correct in saying the Friday night rally in Charlottesville was billed as a protest against dismantling of a confederate statue? I thought I read that.

2) If that was the case, why march at night? Was it so they could use the tiki torches?

3) How does the symbolism of marching at night with tiki torches and swastika flags translate into protesting for not removing a statue commemorating the Civil War?

4) Why would one chant awful and hateful things about Jews and carry flags with swastikas if you're protesting the removal of a statue commemorating the Confederacy and being pro-slavery?

Seems to me that if this permit the nazis/white supremacists got was based on protesting the removal of this statue, they lied. So they were all in the wrong.
                  I'm going to let the neo-Nazi apologists (Drew, Sic, Flag, Brent, etc) handle this one..
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I don't think this answers your questions, other than perhaps the first, but here are some links to the ACLU's request for an injunction on behalf of the permit applicant, a response by the City, and the decision of the judge.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...lerMotion.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...njunction.html

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wvir/...er-federal.pdf
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Like with any protest (labor strikes, etc.) they tend to get co opted by people with agendas.

I'm sure that was part of it.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I have to nip in the bud, this definition of Trump as a "centrist." Trump and Bernie are "populists" which is not the same thing. In fact as we are able to witness, populism leads to extreme policies. The Clintons are the Centrists.
                        As to gerrymandering: I can't remember the source, but a paper discussing it also made the claim that the party that controls the next census, especially if it is the corrupt Trumpian republicans, will have an opportunity to torpedo democracy in the US... how can we hold a Trump-appointed census bureau to be less dishonest with their methods than Bush was? It's a little scary.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I have to nip in the bud, this definition of Trump as a "centrist." Trump and Bernie are "populists" which is not the same thing. In fact as we are able to witness, populism leads to extreme policies. The Clintons are the Centrists.
                          As to gerrymandering: I can't remember the source, but a paper discussing it also made the claim that the party that controls the next census, especially if it is the corrupt Trumpian republicans, will have an opportunity to torpedo democracy in the US... how can we hold a Trump-appointed census bureau to be less dishonest with their methods than Bush was? It's a little scary.
                          Wasn't the last census done in 2010?
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            I would consider Trump a 'selfist.'

@Rover - LOL
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Wasn't the last census done in 2010?
                              Next census is 2020 I believe. Don't the governors of the states few up the district maps? Right now 35 of the governors are republicans. Not great for the democrats hopes for better district maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Obama certainly didn't try to circumvent Congress and take guns away from a bunch of people on SSDI.
                                I thought you were all for taking guns away from the mentally ill?

Or have you forgotten what you wrote last week?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X