X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    There's the problem. You live here. Be part of the solution.
    No. Centrists are the problem. They elected Trump.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Gerrymandering is one of the most important yet least talked about issues preventing a congress that truly is representative of the actual votes of Americans. The ballot initiative that Ohio voters are hopefully going to get a chance to pass would be a great step here. If districts were drawn impartially republicans would not have won majorities in the house in a number of the last half dozen or so they came out on top in. While the white supremacist, oops I mean republican party still has large scale support, the best way they know how to win is by gaming the system.
      Not to be outdone, the Democrat legislature in Maryland has managed to gerrymander 2 GOP congressfolks out of business since 2000. The 2010 gerrymander got an A+ for creativity.

BTW, the gerrymander stinks. I'm all for independent non partisan committee to draw district lines at the congressional and state legislature levels.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        BTW, the gerrymander stinks. I'm all for independent non partisan committee to draw district lines at the congressional and state legislature levels.
        All we need is a Supreme Court that rules gerrymandering for political partisanship is unconstitutional as a denial of "republican government."

Guess which faction on the Court is preventing that?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          One married an American and I am pretty sure he would have been fine. I'm not as sure on the other one and to be honest don't really know/understand the rules that well.
          If the little app I tried was accurate I would not be eligible with a degree, an advanced degree and a ton of experience. I found that a bit disconcerting. The married thing doesn't always make a difference like it used to. That also is a bit screwed up. I know someone who was married and had a green card. They went thru hell to be able to get citizenship. South American origin. Went home once and had to wait a month plus to come back in. This was before the current admin.

Comment

So Poland is trying their hand in this game. Nice to see everyone still wants to be like the US
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Obama certainly didn't try to circumvent Congress and take guns away from a bunch of people on SSDI.
              You just never tire of being proven wrong do you. Good lord...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                There's the problem. You live here. Be part of the solution.
                He did...he voted for sanity. Everyone else should have issues sleeping at night. (especially people who fell for the "third party con" )
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  All we need is a Supreme Court that rules gerrymandering for political partisanship is unconstitutional as a denial of "republican government."

Rulers protractors and pencils. All straight lines please. No thought into who lives where. Reps have to live inside the lines. Go at it.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    If the little app I tried was accurate I would not be eligible with a degree, an advanced degree and a ton of experience. I found that a bit disconcerting. The married thing doesn't always make a difference like it used to. That also is a bit screwed up. I know someone who was married and had a green card. They went thru hell to be able to get citizenship. South American origin. Went home once and had to wait a month plus to come back in. This was before the current admin.
                    One of the basic requirements is "good moral character".

I guess I have to renounce my citizenship now.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

They did a really interesting piece on this on NPR- explaining the 'rules' and how they aren't really well defined. DOne on purpose to favor messing with things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

They don't want to intrude on a state political process. We have one man one vote and you can't draw a district to disenfranchise a particular class.

But disenfranchising a political party? I don't like the gerrymander, but the I prefer a state solution on this mattet rather than a federally mandated one.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well I'm so glad that Trump "waited for all the facts to come in."
                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...cked-a-permit/
                          Walt Heinecke, a professor at the University of Virginia, told Moyer that he received a “special events certificate of approval” for events at McGuffey Park and Justice Park
                          Charlottesville spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler told Moyer that only one permit was issued for Emancipation Park — the one received by white nationalists staging the “Unite the Right” rally. However, counter-protesters did not need permits to protest that rally, she said.

“Please bear in mind that people do not need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is scheduled to take place there, nor are they required to have one to be on streets or sidewalks adjacent to or outside the park,” Dickler said in an email.
                          “I think what the president is trying to say is that counter-protesters did not have a permit to be in Emancipation Park,” Heinicke said. “That’s irrelevant.” He added: “Either way you cut it, the president got it wrong.”

The White House declined to comment.
                          President Trump twice claimed that counter-protesters lacked a permit to demonstrate in Charlottesville. But they did have permits for rallies — and they did not need one to go into or gather near Emancipation Park, where white nationalists planned their rally.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            They don't want to intrude on a state political process. We have one man one vote and you can't draw a district to disenfranchise a particular class.

But disenfranchising a political party? I don't like the gerrymander, but the I prefer a state solution on this mattet rather than a federally mandated one.
                            I wish I could trust all the States to be fair and have a good motivation. Some I would, some I wouldn't. Some have a horrifying record before the feds stepped in. Some are actively trying to do things that were outlawed a century ago. Not everyone wants one man one vote. Some want only the people they want to vote.

Comment

I remember when birthers were claiming how divisive Obama was turning the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                He did...he voted for sanity. Everyone else should have issues sleeping at night. (especially people who fell for the "third party con" )
                                And now he's refusing to listen to others, and get involved. "Centrist crap" is one part he recently said. Even if he thinks it's crap, discuss, find a solution. Don't wash your hands of it.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X