X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    So, you feel personally threatened by an anti-Fascist movement.

Huh.
    I'd personally feel threatened by the Red Hat Society if they were throwing rocks at me.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      No. He was wrong about one thing. There was no good people on the Pro-Statue side. You associate with those people you're pure evil drip slime and you need help. And may God help them get whatever help they need.
      Think about the stuff Patman has posted over the years. Then apply Occam's razor. That 33% has to come from somewhere.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I'd personally feel threatened by the Red Hat Society if they were throwing rocks at me.
        My point exactly.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          Yes, trump pandered to them in the primaries.
          When did he pander to them? He disavowed them about 20 times during the campaign alone!

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Now that the Manufacturing Council is dissolved, is it true that regional governors will have direct control over their territories and fear will keep the local systems in line?
            "Trump made the announcement on Twitter, less than an hour after one of the groups was said to be planning to inform the White House that it would break up."

So he only fired the Manufacturing Council after the Advisory Board voted to dissolve.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              "Trump made the announcement on Twitter, less than an hour after one of the groups was said to be planning to inform the White House that it would break up."

So he only fired the Manufacturing Council after the Advisory Board voted to dissolve.
              "You can't fire me, I quit!"

"You can't break up with me, I'm breaking up with you!"

What a childish P.O.S.
              Cornell University

Comment

The only piece I don't get about this back and forth is why violence is generally condoned when it suits the cause of the person, be it liberal, conservative, or POS Nazi lovers.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Fact is, I don't need a "gotcha". President trump has been correct in his comments. The rest of you will make yourselves look bad in your own time. This has been a game of more moral than thou and so much reading between the lines that you're seeing in visual grains of paper pulp. Just admit there's a violent left and they are a problem to free speech and assembly. It won't be hard, you know you can do it. That doesn't negate Richard spencer being a scumbucket.
                  How is he right? When he blames "all" sides- what does he mean by that?

It looked to me that there were some minor skirmishes, but it was the WLM group that took it to the next level.

It's can't be that mocking the other group is a bad thing- dump has clearly opened that up, since he mocks others at will. So the WLM group should be able to take some simple words and burning of their flag.

Who is "all sides"?

There is no moral equivalent to a group of people demanding that they be treated equally than one that wants the opposite. Not even close. And it was the latter that actually used a weapon.

And by "violent left"- who do you bin into that? The Antifa, BLM, GayPride? Who?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    My point exactly.
                    People and groups don't always have the greatest aim. You could be someone's greatest teammate, and still you could get hit by a wild pitch while sitting in the dugout.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      The only piece I don't get about this back and forth is why violence is generally condoned when it suits the cause of the person, be it liberal, conservative, or POS Nazi lovers.
                      Condoned? Yeah, it's condoned all right.

“I’m sorta glad that them people got hit and I’m glad that girl died,” Moore said in a voicemail to WBTV. “They were a bunch of Communists out there protesting against somebody’s freedom of speech, so it doesn’t bother me that they got hurt at all.”

“I think we’re going to see more stuff like this happening at white nationalist events,” Moore warned.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...#storylink=cpy
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

By my unofficial count:

# of Trump cabinet officials threatening to resign over white supremacy coddling: NONE
                        # of GOP elected officials threatening to leave party over same issue: NONE
                        # of GOP congresscritters trying to hold hearing to investigate white supremacy groups: NONE

But, a few of them sent out a tweet, so I guess its all okay...
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          By my unofficial count:

# of Trump cabinet officials threatening to resign over white supremacy coddling: NONE
                          # of GOP congresscritters trying to hold hearing to investigate white supremacy groups: NONE

Ben Carson likes the statues, because apparently one time a statue of Robert E Lee came to life and declared him the most honest Yale student of all time. (That joke is not completely made up, is the weird part.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Who is condoning violence, aside from maybe George Soros and his support of Anti-Fa? Or are you still putting your fingers in your ears when the President condemns all violence?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              By my unofficial count:

This!

There should be teeth gnashing and sweaty armpits from the RNC heads on down on what to do. They hitched their wagon to Trump, got what they wanted, and now have to deal with Trump driving the wagon or pulling the pin and veering wildly away from Trump.

So far, they seem content where their burro is leading them.

Realistically, this would be a good time to explore breaking away from the RNC. Approaching moderate donors and financiers about a middle ground. Distancing themselves from where their party is headed.

But we won't see that. We'll see the RNC embrace the attention.

I'm calling it now, R's win more seats in 2018. But only because Republicans will lip service that they won't be like the outliers, only to continue to follow party lines.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                How is he right? When he blames "all" sides- what does he mean by that?

It looked to me that there were some minor skirmishes, but it was the WLM group that took it to the next level.

It's can't be that mocking the other group is a bad thing- dump has clearly opened that up, since he mocks others at will. So the WLM group should be able to take some simple words and burning of their flag.

Who is "all sides"?

There is no moral equivalent to a group of people demanding that they be treated equally than one that wants the opposite. Not even close. And it was the latter that actually used a weapon.

And by "violent left"- who do you bin into that? The Antifa, BLM, GayPride? Who?
                                For someone who is college educated, you really are dumb. All sides means exactly what it says. All sides. They all disintegrated into violence. That disintegration to violence is unacceptable, no matter who started it, who finished it, nor what side you support or loathe. All President Trump wants is peace, but he will stand up to anyone who doesn't want peace. And the gas-lighting is getting incredibly old.

Comment

Working...
                                X