Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    As I said before, as soon as their abhorrent speech turns into criminal actions, let the authorities handle it. The limited footage that I saw on the evening news and CNN.com made it appear that the violence occurred when the protesters met up with the anti-protesters. But if there was violence by the protesters before the confrontation by the anti-protesters, call the cops. I can't believe people think that a better alternative is just assembling your own mob and wading in.
    So a bunch of Rednecks with small dicks and automatic weapons cant handle when a bunch Liberal Elitists and Der Darky Friends tell them they are wrong so they go violent? Pretty easy to see who is to blame for what happened and it isnt the Anti-Protesters.

But yeah when people are protecting statues of traitors and wearing uniforms of Facists who millions died defeating we should just ignore it cause it will just go away. How did that work in the South post Civil War?

Where was all "turn the other cheek" stuff at Standing Rock? Can I victim blame the cops and the oil company?
    Last edited by Handyman; 08-14-2017, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I agree. Regardless of what tone we take in political discussions with people we each engage with (I was talking about engaging with your average Trump voter), the actual terrorists need to be locked up. Every person, especially conservatives, need to be clear in condemning the nazis. We also shouldn't play identity politics by equating every gun owner or white man with them, identity politics just causes more problems.
    I had a Trump voter staying at my house all week...he condemned the Nazis but then blamed the media. Trumpers are a scary bunch.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

The irony of this angle of attack coming from Bannonbart and Jonestown is rich

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

As I said before, as soon as their abhorrent speech turns into criminal actions, let the authorities handle it. The limited footage that I saw on the evening news and CNN.com made it appear that the violence occurred when the protesters met up with the anti-protesters. But if there was violence by the protesters before the confrontation by the anti-protesters, call the cops. I can't believe people think that a better alternative is just assembling your own mob and wading in.
    That's a great idea.

If, in the experience of history it actually works. It didn't in Germany, it didn't in Italy, it actually didn't in England, too (but the nazis in England got shouted down enough to go away).

Black Lives Matter have protests where they are protesting that they should get the rights and protections that everybody should get, equally, by law. Mostly they are non-violent rallies. And they are consistently met with scorn and police with some kind of riot gear.

neo-nazis have protests where they are protesting that other people should NOT get the rights that they get, as they are superior. They came to the rally armed to the teeth. And they were met with some police just there to direct traffic.

So if the police react that way, how can you realistically expect them to react the way you suggest?

There is a real world out there.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied
    Right but they were peacefully protesting as outlined in the constitution. Pretty much the opposite of the mob you're describing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X