Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I love how now according to the Right terrorism is a matter of semantics. If Obama had implied that the Right would be calling for his lynching...
    Then:
    "Obama is weak for not calling it Islamic terrorism"

Now:
    "Eh, terrorism is just a word."
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Does Megyn Kelly Need a Co-Host
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You gotta love that Trump is comparing Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson to Jefferson and Washington. Bit of a difference there...
        I'm not referencing Trump's remarks here, but yours. In the very good Vice Documentary that Slap posted this morning, one of the local activists references Monticello and what I took to mean Jefferson as "The Master sitting on top of Monticello... He looks down on us" (It is right here.)

Charlottesville is of course, the home of the University of Virginia, designed by Jefferson and Monticello sits on a hill nearby. Obviously Jefferson was a slave owner. My question is, if it comes to it, how is that best handled?
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Charlottesville is of course, the home of the University of Virginia, designed by Jefferson and Monticello sits on a hill nearby. Obviously Jefferson was a slave owner. My question is, if it comes to it, how is that best handled?
          Jefferson wasn't a traitor.

Well, I mean, he was. But his side won.

We shouldn't crush the confederate statues because they were scumbags. We should crush them because they were LOSERS.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He had one job, one. Not defend literal white supremacists. And he couldn't even last a day.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              He had one job, one. Not defend literal white supremacists. And he couldn't even last a day.
              He's incompetent.

And also he's only about himself, and he's decided that since skinheads love him and Americans don't, America can suck it.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'd like to be her co-host...
                Cornell University

Comment

Tells you everything you need to know about Trump's comments.
                  I'll make it even simpler. All you really need to know is that he referred to Nazis as "us".
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    I'll make it even simpler. All you really need to know is that he referred to Nazis as "us".
                    For the record, updated transcripts do not have that, though the original ones did.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      What????!!!!!! In what sort of context?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The only reason I'd ever buy naming rights would be to keep them out of the hands of some scumbucket corporation or donor who wanted to slap his own name on it.

Someday Lynah will fall apart. And Cornell in their infinite idiocy will build some hideous series of concentric complexes like a factory school to house the successor. When the worlds award me $1T for my combination of good sense and great looks, I'll glady cough up a couple billion to ensure the names: Laing Kennedy Athletic Complex; Ken Dryden Hockey Center; James Lynah Rink.
                        Was Lynah a goalie, too?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          I'm not referencing Trump's remarks here, but yours. In the very good Vice Documentary that Slap posted this morning, one of the local activists references Monticello and what I took to mean Jefferson as "The Master sitting on top of Monticello... He looks down on us" (It is right here.)

Winners vs. losers.

On another board, someone asked if Washington could be considered a traitor. In the eyes of the British, of course he was. Duh. And since he won, he's a hero of ours.

Your info about Jefferson is a good example that our Founding Fathers are not without fault. Which is a way to point out that what they wrote is up to real debate, but that's a different thread.

Thomas Jefferson did pen this
                          We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
                          Given all of his faults, we've been trying for that to come true ever since it went public. AND we are still working on it.

We had a Civil War about it. People have gone back and claimed of many other reasons, but they all come back to the economics of the south- to make a lot of money, they needed slavery to pay for it. There's no way around it.

Because of that Civil war, Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson were both traitors to the United States of America, they are both losers, too. They were part of the US army, and then decided to take arms against that country- the definition of traitors, AND they lost that war- so they are losers, too. How we go about celebrating traitor losers like that is beyond me. Sure, some markers to define the history of what happened- we should not forget that at all. But to put them on a pedestal for being a traitor loser? What's up with that?

Put it in the context of history when the statues were mostly put up, as well as the confederate flags being parts of states- you can easily see that it's a reaction for the people they oppressed getting any type of advantage.

Back the original point- Jackson and Lee were losers and traitors, Washington and Jefferson were revolutionary winners. It's pretty simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            With respect, remeberance, and somber tones. Auschwitz still stand even though it is a deep, dark spot in history. Other similar dark marks in history are preserved the same in an effort to teach the future.

So treat Jefferson's home with care.

Unlike these statues the alt-right treat like Six Flags Over Confederacy.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

While Washington and Jefferson both did own slaves, which will be a stain on them, they both helped found the country and did not take up arms against it. Neither of the latter is true about Lee or Jackson, so we're left with only the former. Maybe that's a dry way of looking at it, but it's hard to overlook those points when considering who deserves a statue. (I mean, in terms of military genius, Jackson was amazing; but that means I will read about it in history books, which still exist and will continue to.)

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

LOL: https://***********/TheRickWilson/st...96063758077952

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X