Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

The terrorists are getting out of hand, calm down people
    edit: I guess this guy is a liberal along the lines of the guy that shot up a baseball game. Still, it's all a symptom of Trump's America
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      That sounds like fake news. I highly doubt there would be another incident where a liberal shoots an unarmed conservative. With all due respect some of you should take a look in the mirror.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        I'm not referencing Trump's remarks here, but yours. In the very good Vice Documentary that Slap posted this morning, one of the local activists references Monticello and what I took to mean Jefferson as "The Master sitting on top of Monticello... He looks down on us" (It is right here.)

Charlottesville is of course, the home of the University of Virginia, designed by Jefferson and Monticello sits on a hill nearby. Obviously Jefferson was a slave owner. My question is, if it comes to it, how is that best handled?
        I dunno... that is a very good question.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I dunno... that is a very good question.
          IIRC 30 some odd signers of the Declaration of Independence were slave owners.

IIRC at the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, the survivors marched across the field and shook hands with each other.

What about the Nazis?

We read the writings of Nazi generals and admirals, some who served in the new West German armed forces. They served an evil government, yet we didn't shoot/hang them all. Some were respected lecturers after the war in this country.

Our German scientists were better than Russia's German scientists and we got to the moon first.

We hate the Nazis but like the Germans? Why can't we decry the Rebellion and honor the participants?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Why can't we decry the Rebellion and honor the participants?
            I don't care much for "whitewashing history" and I'm very leery of mob justice (a tiny group of people destroying common property). And I HATE identity politics, people basing all their self-worth, votes, positions, opinions, etc on their appearance/nationality/lifestyle in opposition to other groups of people who are lighter or darker or straighter or whatever. People are individuals.
            But there are a lot of people who do have strong opinions about their own neighborhoods, and I fully respect that. If there are enough of them to vote in an orderly local referendum for the controlled removal of these statues, I don't mind it a bit. I'd have to be insane to drive to some other state with my gun and confederate flag to protest something that's so clearly not my business. If I do, hopefully the people that live there will punch me in the face and then kick me after I'm down until I either leave or wake up. It's just disgusting.
            Also: Robert E Lee was not some unusually evil demon like Hitler, he was quite accomplished and widely admired throughout the country at the time of the war. He went to war in defense of his home state in spite of his loyalties to the U.S., he was more or less schizophrenic only in a way typical of Americans of the time in his ideals. All the rage against him is a fairly recent construct.
            Still, not my neighborhood so no skin off my nose if it's destroyed.
            Last edited by geezer; 08-15-2017, 08:26 PM.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

IIRC at the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, the survivors marched across the field and shook hands with each other.

What about the Nazis?

We read the writings of Nazi generals and admirals, some who served in the new West German armed forces. They served an evil government, yet we didn't shoot/hang them all. Some were respected lecturers after the war in this country.

Our German scientists were better than Russia's German scientists and we got to the moon first.

We hate the Nazis but like the Germans? Why can't we decry the Rebellion and honor the participants?
              Where are the 1500 monuments to the British on US soil?
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Thomas Jefferson did pen this
                However, we do have to consider that he likely defined "men" as white, Christian, property-owning, males over the age of 25.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Since some of you continue to quote flagdummy- re- the news.

I'd like to point out flaggy seemed to be posting sporadically at best in these threads of late and most were doing a good job of not "quoting" him. Today the quotes were coming fast and furious and so were the posts. Proof positive that YOU MUST NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

...so ESPN fantasy football introduced a fun new spin on their draft format today where a white auctioneer holds up a picture of a black dude in front of a room full of fat white dudes and "sells" him to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      edit: I guess this guy is a liberal along the lines of the guy that shot up a baseball game. Still, it's all a symptom of Trump's America
                      Here's the local news story that makes it clear this went waaaay beyond mere politics, as much as Gateway Pundit (lol) wants you to think it was because he was a Trump hater. The guy was a lunatic and an arsehole.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Here's the local news story that makes it clear this went waaaay beyond mere politics, as much as Gateway Pundit (lol) wants you to think it was because he was a Trump hater. The guy was a lunatic and an arsehole.
                        Yeah, that's the story I thought I was sending, they didn't even mention the political activism so I was under the assumption he was a Trumper. Somehow I linked a tab that played up the guy's politics.
                        Deranged lone wolf, like the baseball shooter and the cop killers.

Comment

rotflmao
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

What about the Nazis?

Nice try...the Germans denounced the Nazis hell made the flag illegal. The South still embraces the Confederacy. Until they do we shouldnt embrace them. The South Shall Not Rise Again.

Care to try again without sounding completely lost?
                            Last edited by Handyman; 08-15-2017, 09:23 PM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              rotflmao
                              My favorite-
                              I'm not a grammar Nazi... I prefer the term "alt-write"

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Nice try...the Germans denounced the Nazis he'll made the flag illegal. The South still embraces the Confederacy.

Care to try again without sounding completely lost?
                                One weird wrinkle to the Stars And Bars (as we know current flag): to many, it is NOT a symbol of slavery/Confederacy. It's simply a symbol of southern life: laid back, rural, aw shucks farmer wisdom life. Think: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dukes Of Hazzard. I don't know of anyone who thinks of the Nazi flag that way.

Now, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just a very odd wrinkle with the newer generations of southern folk.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X