Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I think we need to learn where people learn this **** or learn more about the human brain and humanity.

http://www.startribune.com/fargo-fat...lle/440358443/

I believe this dad when he says his kid didn't learn it at home. I also believe that the killer with the car from Saturday didn't learn this **** from his mother.
    Frankly I think it starts with challenging people. Not via a fistfight but with info/logic before they get to this point.

Case in point: I have an older relative on facebook who shared a message that Starbucks refused to send free coffee to troops in Iraq after they requested it and said they don't support the war or anybody in it. Obviously ridiculous but there it was. I politely answered her call to boycott Starbucks by mentioning it was a hoax story that had been kicking around the internet since 2004. To her credit, and to my surprise, she posted her embarrassment and said she was too gullible. A friend of hers then replied that she just deleted her sharing of the post and should have researched it beforehand as well.

Now, I didn't call this person an idiot. The problem is professional agitators are using social media to rile up people who are easily fooled, particularly the elderly. The could be doing this for profit (Fox News, Brietbart, etc) or just for the fun of it, but its up to the rest of us to push back before it becomes a movement. If you truly think illegal immigrants have carte blanch to rape, murder and pillage and get slap on the wrist and free public benefits afterwards, you probably don't see what the problem with Trump is. If you've only heard people say that, and never heard anybody tell you differently, after awhile you're going to start believing it.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      "Smart guns" have nothing to do with that story. What should happen is that gun manufacturers should be subject to the same rules as makers of other consumer products - the government should be able to mandate a recall of a specific model with a proven pattern of defective behavior.
      Sure. But just imagine how many lives would be saved if guns were smart and only one person could fire them? So many lives lost to stupid accidents every year.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Meanwhile, I'm sure this will help us negotiate with China regarding North Korea...

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
          I'm confused as well, I thought more guns made us safer??? If everyone was packing then everything should be fine, right?? That's what the NRA keeps telling us anyway...
          Then why is there so much violence in places where guns are banned, such as Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
            I'm confused as well, I thought more guns made us safer??? If everyone was packing then everything should be fine, right?? That's what the NRA keeps telling us anyway...
            Times change...not more than 5 years ago, a considerable number here were against gun control measures.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Then why is there so much violence in places where guns are banned, such as Chicago?
            Chicago pales in comparison in murder rates to St. Louis and New Orleans where gun laws are very lax.

The highest state murder rate belongs to Alaska...you can guess what gun ownership is there.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              So you are supposed to passively let them walk down the street or be in the park spouting hate and vitriol? ignoring it is how we ended up with Hitler being successful and millions dying.

Being a woman I see a scary parallel to people saying if women didn't want to get raped they shouldn't do X. Don't walk down the street wearing the wrong clothing, talk to a man in a bar, or kiss someone without the expectation they might incite a rape. NO. That is just wrong. The rapist is a sick, twisted individual. These people are sick and twisted too. This isn't like being on the playground where you just get up and leave the sandbox. These people are sh1tting in the sandbox. You stay and tell them no.
              Well, I'll ask this question again. Do people here think the anti-protest this past weekend can be defined as a success? Were the minds or ideology of any of the protesters changed? Was public opinion changed for the better? Did we get rid of the neo-nazi movement or white supremacy movement in this country, or even damage it in the least?

Because personally I think the answer was a pretty resounding "no." An innocent girl got killed. Some dip**** from Ohio who was apparently at least modestly serviceable and employable ruined his own life while still in his twenties. Innocent people were maimed. Families were devastated. A bunch of white supremacists got days worth of national and international publicity for a parade that likely would not have been reported outside of Virginia if everyone had ignored them.

But I'm willing to be persuaded that it was a big weekend for truth, justice and the American Way, if someone wants to take a shot at it.
              Last edited by SJHovey; 08-14-2017, 03:57 PM.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                If one goes off, even accidentally, all hell could break loose and you could have mass casualties. Even the cops carrying is very dangerous in this type of situation.
                Apparently, gun owners aren't as responsible with their weapons as they should be. The sound of one shot going off, and suddenly, it turns into Mogadishu. No one knows how, it just happens.

But we still need more of them out there.
                Last edited by rufus; 08-14-2017, 03:56 PM.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Well, I'll ask this question again. Do people here think the anti-protest this past weekend can be defined as a success? Were the minds or ideology of any of the protesters changed? Was public opinion changed for the better? Did we get rid of the neo-nazi movement or white supremacy movement in this country, or even damage it in the least?

Because personally I think the answer was a pretty resounding "no." An innocent girl got killed. Some dip**** from Ohio who was apparently it least modestly serviceable and employable ruined his own life while still in his twenties. Innocent people were maimed. Families were devastated. A bunch of white supremacists got days worth of national and international publicity for a parade that likely would not have been reported outside of Virginia if everyone had ignored them.

But I'm willing to be persuaded that it was a big weekend for truth, justice and the American Way, if someone wants to take a shot at it.
                  I wish I had a good answer. I am persuaded by your arguments and the arguments on the other side as well. I think a counter protest away from the skin heads was probably the better way to go. Mixing with these people is not a recipe for success.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Times change...not more than 5 years ago, a considerable number here were against gun control measures.

Chicago pales in comparison in murder rates to St. Louis and New Orleans where gun laws are very lax.

The highest state murder rate belongs to Alaska...you can guess what gun ownership is there.
                    Maybe I should've included a "/s" after my post. Point was that usually people like Drew and his ilk tell us that more guns make us safer, good guy with a gun, blah blah blah, and the extreme irony that accompanied his post that since guns would be present at such a rally it would be a very dangerous situation.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Bzzzzzzzzt. Murder rates and gun rates don't correlate. Gun deaths do. Please don't confuse the two stats.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And how well did "just ignore them!" work 70 or so years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Yeah, I know. That's the problem. Would a counter protest in the same city but away from them been enough? Not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Yeah, I know. That's the problem. Would a counter protest in the same city but away from them been enough? Not sure.
                            Wasn't part of that leftover resentment from WWI? It's important to learn from history, but it seems sometimes people draw connections when the situations aren't that relevant.

Edit: For me the simple solution is to just ban these events.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Oh for crying out loud, just stop.

70 years ago crap got out of hand because Hitler decided to annex Austria, occupy Czechoslovakia, invade Poland and start rounding up jews to send to death camps. When these clowns in Unite the Right make even the first move to do anything remotely similar, I'll join you in encouraging a responsive action.

Sorry, but in this country you actually do have to sit and listen to people spew the most vile, bigoted, awful statements their small minds can formulate. Or you can walk away. But if they want to say it, they get to say it.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Before Saturday, we had filth here saying the alt-right had some interesting ideas and were just being funny like South Park. Haven't since.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X