Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Discussion between the commentators for best leaders among the four Detroit teams and they don't even name Yzerman. The guy literally named The Captain.
    I understand why the team isn't that good. But why do we need to have such a bad booth? Paint drying is more entertaining than these guys.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• JACOBY!!!
      5-4 good guys, bottom 7

FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

I understand why the team isn't that good. But why do we need to have such a bad booth? Paint drying is more entertaining than these guys.
        Pretty sure Shep is cheaper since he was already doing some work for the network. Easier to keep it in-house after the Mario and Rod brouhaha.

The Mario and Gibby booth was the best combination they had.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• TIGERS WIN!!

5-4 final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Pretty sure Shep is cheaper since he was already doing some work for the network. Easier to keep it in-house after the Mario and Rod brouhaha.

The Mario and Gibby booth was the best combination they had.
            Rod & Mario should have thought about that before they played Rock-Em Sock-Em Robots in the booth that one night.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Tigers finish 23-35, with a 3-1 loss to KC in the rain. Okay, fine. In a 60-game season (58 in this case) anything could have happened.

I didn't do too much with this thread this year for a few reasons: 1) The Tigers were still pretty bad, 2) I didn't watch many games because I shut my streaming off in June, 3) this board is an unholy pain in the *** to navigate. I don't know if we'll see Volume 11 (there will be 2 Volume 11s in succession if we ever get that far). Even so, I see four glaring holes in this roster:

C: We do not have a viable major league catcher in our system right now. Greiner is not the answer, Haase is just a guy, Romine is a career backup, and Jake Rogers is likely to bust, IMO.

LF: We need a power-hitting LF. We can cobble together CF and RF with Cameron-Jones-Reyes for the duration, while Riley Greene and maybe others develop. Christin Stewart is a bust at this point. This is a position where we need a guy to give us 25 HR and not soil his undies in the field.

2B/SS: Figure out which one Willi Castro can play. Sign a FA to play the other. If Castro can play SS, then I wouldn't turn my nose up at re-upping with Schoop for now. Kody Clemens needs to prove he can hit before we talk about him.

2 SPs: We need guys who can give us innings. This nonsense about running to the bullpen in the 4th inning because such-and-such is at 66 pitches, and his titties might fly off if he pitches to 2 more hitters, is absurd. Or we're dipping into the pen because we're in a 7-1 hole with 1 out in the 3rd. You simply cannot do that on a semi-consistent basis. If this season lasted another month our bullpen would have imploded due to overexposure. Boyd-Mize-Skubal-Turnbull can be a decent start, but I'd rather have 2 more starters that get us into at least the 6th inning. Otherwise we're going to take a step back.

Other than Miggy, there are no big contracts on the books at this point. Zimmerman threw his last pitch as a Tiger today, so that one is gone, too. We shouldn't have to break the bank to make this team respectable at this point.
              Last edited by Hammer; 09-27-2020, 05:35 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• I have hope for the first time in years! I like the Castros, I like Reyes, and I'm hopeful some of the minor league pitchers pan out.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Tigers have hired AJ Hinch.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Tigers have hired AJ Hinch.
                    Tigers World Champs within 3 years. Takes time to implement a cheating scheme! ;-)
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Ouch. 15-6.

"Well, we sportsed our best and scored points, but the other team was sportsing too, and they scored even more points."
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Whatever Hinch's notebook says about Cruz, he may want to update it. Because its clearly wrong.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• I hate the runner at 2nd starting extra innings. Glad the Tigers won though.
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                            I hate the runner at 2nd starting extra innings. Glad the Tigers won though.
                            Twins have lost both their games that way.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Twins have lost both their games that way.
                              I am not sure why the Twins didn't send the guy at second in after the single. Maybe getting burned twice at home today stopped them. Most teams should be able to get a run off a single in extras. I feel that's kinda dumb, but whatever.
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Whatever Hinch's notebook says about Cruz, he may want to update it. Because its clearly wrong.
                                Five of his last eight HRs have come against Detroit. All at Comerica, too.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X