X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    For a private citizen and former Senator and Secretary?
    Why?
    Guess what, though?
    Your "champion" won! Everything he does or has done is newsworthy. If he doesn't like the scrutiny, he shouldn't have run.
    If this is how much he whines after winning imagine the temper tantrum he would have thrown if he had lost
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      If this is how much he whines after winning imagine the temper tantrum he would have thrown if he had lost
      He'd be in a spiderhole with all of his guns locked and loaded, ready for when the ATF and FBI show up to confiscate them.

Comment

Want to know why Dump won Michigan? It's because of subhuman apes like this numbskull.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I see them as different threats. The scary thing with Russia is their nuclear arsenal. The days of them being able to invade us or something like that have long passed, but they still could do some serious damage to us. I think a lot of people view them as they were back in the day and don't understand just how far they have fallen. To a large degree I think we're better off trying to be closer to them. It makes me nervous that as Putin gets older he might try something crazy, but hopefully that won't be the case.

China on the other hand is the big threat long term. They have like five or six times the amount of people we do and are catching up technology wise. I'm not sure they would ever try to attack or invade the continental US, but they could conceivably shut us out of Asia and/or attack our allies over there. I agree with Leswp that there might not be any great solution with them.
          I disagree. Americans have become pansies. We have been told we are the greatest but no sacrifice should be involved. Think 9/11 when we were told to 'go shopping'. This country is so obsessed with personal rights, what they are owed or more important- what the 'others' shouldn't be given for free that should anyone invade people would be offended and whine that it shouldn't allowed to happen. We did fine keeping Russia in the vilified category, not close, for years. It worked. The USSR broke apart. Now, we need to change tactics? Don't get it. Seems to me tDonald has a lot to gain by delivering us with a cherry on top to Putin.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          No, not really. People in this country have been raised to be suspicious of any woman in power. It's a psychological condition. That's why I believe that we will not see a Woman President for at least another generation.
          Any woman who is in power, no matter how competent has to overcome assumptions. There is a dichotomy between she's incompetent, slept her way there and she is a b1tch who walked on people, is unscrupulous, has a poor character (Hillary has neatly been boxed into the second category- nothing she does is legitimate, even the things she is competent at).
          I think the more that comes out the more its a 'nothing burger.' If there were fewer people in the meeting I would be a lot more concerned. I don't think they would have invited the 'Russians' to Trump Tower if they were planning something sinister. I don't blame the people who hate Trump for getting excited over this, but there would need to be a lot more come out for anything to happen.

I want to make an observation: It doesn't seem that Obama, Bill, or Hillary have had much to say about this. This leads me to conclude one of two things; either they have skeletons in their own closets or they don't think its a very big deal. With the amount of surveillance and such around there is no way in **** the government didn't know about this, and its now a year later.
          Huh? SO when they have a team meeting about how to work things out it has to be nothing because there is a large team? Sounds to me like they had everyone needed for a briefing so as to be efficient. Why wouldn't they meet in Trump Tower? They obviously had no thought they would be held accountable. Look how long it took for this to come out. Again, the main point is not whether there were many or few in the room or if they actually obtained information. The point is they were willing to meet with people who were connected with a hostile country and then they were willing to omit telling anyone about it. Things like- he met with x number of people so he forgot? If the emails were believed- this was promising high impact stuff that was exciting. If it came to fruition it would be memorable but if it didn't it would have been a disappointment that the team gathered for nothing. I can't think of many more memorable things than meeting with someone from a foreign country (your country's arch enemy) promising you dirt on your opponent.

Interesting you bring up the silence from Obama, Clintons. First, until Dick Cheney the etiquette of past presidents is to remain silent on their successors. For the most part they have followed that. For the most part Presidents in the past have not harped on their predecessors either. That you would expect them to comment on this is sort of weird. They have not had much commentary on anything despite constant jabbing via twitter. When they do speak up it is usually one thing and a return to silence. (at least what I am exposed to). I can't imagine any constructive reason any of them would speak out. The minute they did the GOP would leap on it and put all sorts of twists on it to make excuses and deflect blame. Much smarter to watch as they hang themselves.

If you look at it from a neutral standpoint this is the type of behavior seen in someone with this type of personality disorder. Shock and outrage anyone would think poorly of them, if unable to deny- blame others for thinking they did something wrong, insist others have misconceptions about what actually happened. On a personal level this works. Usually the thing they have done is so out of bounds the person it was done to can't figure out what to do. They start to question if it really happened the way they thought or aren't sure how to handle it. This time they are dealing with something they haven't before- they aren't dealing with a predictable group of people or people they have control over. The proof is there. People can see past the attack on those who are accusing and see it for what it is- screwed up and way out of bounds.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Don't bother
          They're here
          You must spread...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I disagree. Americans have become pansies. We have been told we are the greatest but no sacrifice should be involved. Think 9/11 when we were told to 'go shopping'. This country is so obsessed with personal rights, what they are owed or more important- what the 'others' shouldn't be given for free that should anyone invade people would be offended and whine that it shouldn't allowed to happen. We did fine keeping Russia in the vilified category, not close, for years. It worked. The USSR broke apart. Now, we need to change tactics? Don't get it. Seems to me tDonald has a lot to gain by delivering us with a cherry on top to Putin.

Any woman who is in power, no matter how competent has to overcome assumptions. There is a dichotomy between she's incompetent, slept her way there and she is a b1tch who walked on people, is unscrupulous, has a poor character (Hillary has neatly been boxed into the second category- nothing she does is legitimate, even the things she is competent at).

Huh? SO when they have a team meeting about how to work things out it has to be nothing because there is a large team? Sounds to me like they had everyone needed for a briefing so as to be efficient. Why wouldn't they meet in Trump Tower? They obviously had no thought they would be held accountable. Look how long it took for this to come out. Again, the main point is not whether there were many or few in the room or if they actually obtained information. The point is they were willing to meet with people who were connected with a hostile country and then they were willing to omit telling anyone about it. Things like- he met with x number of people so he forgot? If the emails were believed- this was promising high impact stuff that was exciting. If it came to fruition it would be memorable but if it didn't it would have been a disappointment that the team gathered for nothing. I can't think of many more memorable things than meeting with someone from a foreign country (your country's arch enemy) promising you dirt on your opponent.

Interesting you bring up the silence from Obama, Clintons. First, until Dick Cheney the etiquette of past presidents is to remain silent on their successors. For the most part they have followed that. For the most part Presidents in the past have not harped on their predecessors either. That you would expect them to comment on this is sort of weird. They have not had much commentary on anything despite constant jabbing via twitter. When they do speak up it is usually one thing and a return to silence. (at least what I am exposed to). I can't imagine any constructive reason any of them would speak out. The minute they did the GOP would leap on it and put all sorts of twists on it to make excuses and deflect blame. Much smarter to watch as they hang themselves.

If you look at it from a neutral standpoint this is the type of behavior seen in someone with this type of personality disorder. Shock and outrage anyone would think poorly of them, if unable to deny- blame others for thinking they did something wrong, insist others have misconceptions about what actually happened. On a personal level this works. Usually the thing they have done is so out of bounds the person it was done to can't figure out what to do. They start to question if it really happened the way they thought or aren't sure how to handle it. This time they are dealing with something they haven't before- they aren't dealing with a predictable group of people or people they have control over. The proof is there. People can see past the attack on those who are accusing and see it for what it is- screwed up and way out of bounds.

You must spread...
            Times change and you need to change your approach with them. There was a day when the US and Russia/USSR were close to being on equal footing. That clearly isn't the case anymore. Russia's GDP is about 20% of the US' and military budget is only about 15%. Russia isn't a threat at all as far as any sort of invasion or anything like that. They do still own 2500 nuclear warheads though. I think we're better off with them as a friend, or at a minimum not an enemy. They are the state equivalent of one of these former mill/mining towns in the US.

I guess the trouble for me is how did this meeting go so long undetected, especially where it more or less happened in plain sight? Obama was president for another seven months afterwards. Wasn't Trump under secret service protection at the time? Surely they must have noticed a bunch of Russians coming in and would have told someone. It seems to me that every other road has come to a dead end and now this is being thrown against the wall. I could very well be wrong, but I just don't think there is much here without a lot more coming out.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Want to know why Dump won Michigan? It's because of subhuman apes like this numbskull.
              That reminds me, passed someone on the highway yesterday with six bumper/window stickers on the back of their car. They included:

I Don't Believe The Liberal Media
              I'm Conservative, Deal With It
              I'm a Christian, I Vote
              Trump/Pence For A Better America
              Trump Make America Great Again
              Another that was on suction cups on the inside but two had come off so I couldn't read it.

Then on the rear drivers side window there were once again I Don't Believe The Liberal Media and I'm Conservative, Deal With It.

The real cherry on top, not including this person was going 20mph under the limit, was a sticker illegally placed on the drivers side front window. Probably around 10" x 6", a skull filled in with the Confederate flag, like so.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I see people like that everywhere which is why I keep telling Kepler his little narrative that the demographic shift is coming is wrong. People of all ages in all areas are starting to become Frauddy wannabes.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  That reminds me, passed someone on the highway yesterday with six bumper/window stickers on the back of their car. They included:

I Don't Believe The Liberal Media
                  I'm Conservative, Deal With It
                  I'm a Christian, I Vote
                  Trump/Pence For A Better America
                  Trump Make America Great Again
                  Another that was on suction cups on the inside but two had come off so I couldn't read it.

Then on the rear drivers side window there were once again I Don't Believe The Liberal Media and I'm Conservative, Deal With It.

The real cherry on top, not including this person was going 20mph under the limit, was a sticker illegally placed on the drivers side front window. Probably around 10" x 6", a skull filled in with the Confederate flag, like so.
                  That's what you call "ignorant and proud of it". These people just need to be left to fester in their own pool of intellectual filth. They're lost.

Comment

Times change and you need to change your approach with them. There was a day when the US and Russia/USSR were close to being on equal footing. That clearly isn't the case anymore. Russia's GDP is about 20% of the US' and military budget is only about 15%. Russia isn't a threat at all as far as any sort of invasion or anything like that. They do still own 2500 nuclear warheads though. I think we're better off with them as a friend, or at a minimum not an enemy. They are the state equivalent of one of these former mill/mining towns in the US.

I guess the trouble for me is how did this meeting go so long undetected, especially where it more or less happened in plain sight? Obama was president for another seven months afterwards. Wasn't Trump under secret service protection at the time? Surely they must have noticed a bunch of Russians coming in and would have told someone. It seems to me that every other road has come to a dead end and now this is being thrown against the wall. I could very well be wrong, but I just don't think there is much here without a lot more coming out.
                    Being friends only works if both parties are friendly, trust each other and deal in good faith You would need to be missing a few synapses to believe anything Putin said.

Trump was not at the meeting so how would the SS be. He was the one with the detail. Every other road has not come to a dead end. They keep coming out with more things they are looking at. The investigation is not done. When it is done will be when they tell us what they have found.

Comment

Remember, the best way for law enforcement to build a case is to announce what they are doing out loud at every step along the way. You don't maybe let things play out to discover how far it is going and make sure you get the most solid evidence.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Remember, the best way for law enforcement to build a case is to announce what they are doing out loud at every step along the way. You don't maybe let things play out to discover how far it is going and make sure you get the most solid evidence.
                        It worked for Hillary's Grand Inquisitors.

/sarc

Comment

I see people like that everywhere which is why I keep telling Kepler his little narrative that the demographic shift is coming is wrong. People of all ages in all areas are starting to become Frauddy wannabes.
                          Sure, but I'm putting my money on the numbers. A younger, browner, more diverse pool of voters is not going to do folks like Trump any favors. Much of the fear and anger that spurred the GOP turnout in November was from those who see their place on the dogpile changing in ways they do not like and cannot deal with.

But we must keep the idiots from tossing education in the dumpster. That is so critical.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Sure, but I'm putting my money on the numbers. A younger, browner, more diverse pool of voters is not going to do folks like Trump any favors. Much of the fear and anger that spurred the GOP turnout in November was from those who see their place on the dogpile changing in ways they do not like and cannot deal with.
                            And Hillary wasn't going to solve that for folks stuck at the bottom of the dogpile. Which is to say, most blacks and browns. Hence, turnout issues that would've put her over the top.

Less optimistic bullshiza in GA and AZ, with more campaigning in MI, WI, and PA, and we wouldn't be here. Instead, we're looking for ways to (rightfully) impeach or Article 25 a tempestuous little boy who barely knows his arse from a hole in the ground.

Comment

They have always been everywhere. I don't know why you think this refutes my opinion that over the long haul this p-ss is circling the drain.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And they're growing too. The question is which group is growing faster? And the lie is that the other side isn't growing at all.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X